Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

There Is An Inconsistency In The p/w101 timelines.

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2010
SPOILER ALERT. In traitor cave you stumble upon a winch that leads you into Azteca. When you go there an aztecasaor says the shadow queen (Morganthe) has destroyed Azteca, as you may know if you play Wizard 101 far enough. Yet later in Mooshu you learn that a necromancer (obviously Malistaire) has cursed the Emperor of Mooshu with the "great slumber." But thats the first arc of the game before you even find out about about Morganthe. How could you find out about that first then find out about the original arc? It doesn't make sense. Unless the winch takes you to the future? Any thoughts? thanks

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
The Grin Reaper on Oct 19, 2014 wrote:
SPOILER ALERT. In traitor cave you stumble upon a winch that leads you into Azteca. When you go there an aztecasaor says the shadow queen (Morganthe) has destroyed Azteca, as you may know if you play Wizard 101 far enough. Yet later in Mooshu you learn that a necromancer (obviously Malistaire) has cursed the Emperor of Mooshu with the "great slumber." But thats the first arc of the game before you even find out about about Morganthe. How could you find out about that first then find out about the original arc? It doesn't make sense. Unless the winch takes you to the future? Any thoughts? thanks
Just because we (the players) experience the timeline in a linear fashion (1st arc, 2nd arc, etc), doesn't mean the villains actions are happening in a linear fashion. Morganthe was causing trouble in Spiral well before Malistaire was and I suspect our third villain has already been up to no good (we just haven't been exposed to it yet).

Also, that aztecasaur you mentioned does not state that Azteca was destroyed, but rather the Shadow Queen has come and enslaved the Lords of Night and that Azteca was doomed. He also states that his ancestors built that area in Skull Island long ago and entombed themselves. This sounds more like they migrated in relation to the prophecy, rather than the actual actions (since if they have been entombed for some time how could he have any news of recent events???).

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Hi Grin Reaper, love that name by the way.
Perhaps the Aztecasaurs went back in time to get to that place in Skull Island?

Bosun
Feb 25, 2012
it is never specified how long the emperor has been asleep. also, the timeline between these games is not exact. for instance, you never hear about the marleybone war in w101, because it has not happened yet. IDK, maybe a staff member could explain it better.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
In the times of pirates, Azteca was already destroyed by the 2nd Arc Boss. It took place about 5-10 years after the Azteca event,ay least for our pirate's timeline i think. The reason we didn't get to finish hearing the tale of the Emperor getting cursed in Moo Shu, because the Monk was interrupted by a Ninja pig and hit the floor before finishing the puppet show.

In other words our online career as pirates, took place between the destruction of Azteca and before defeating Morganth in Kyrilis ( my ice wizard's homeland ).( I'm sorry for those wizards who are in a middle of storyline progress in Kyrilis part 2 and Aztca,for spoilers ).

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
That's because Xol Akmol is not Azteca, and we went back in time.

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
I reaffirm what I said in here.

The Aztecosaurs wished to escape Xibalba,which they have been trying to do for ten years.In Khrysalis,in the Solar Arch,we learn that Morganthe learned of the Lords of Night long before she became Queen of the Shadow Web.We also learned from King Artorius(the dev) that Morganthe was never good at Necromancy.And thus didn't know how to bind the souls of the lords of night.She probably went to Azteca before the Malistaire arc started,and only got the means to bind them AFTER the wizards kill Malistaire and she gets the opportunity to pull him from his grave,and get him to bind the souls for her.

Okay,so if that makes sense than you may also wanna check out this post by Blind Mew on the relationship between SI Dinos and Aztecan Dinos,on Pirate101 central:

''This bit is a little tricky, so let me clarify:

The Aztecosaurs who settled in Skull Island died out long ago, and are now nothing but mummies. They are cousins to the builders of Azteca, but in Azteca the scaly guys managed to live on in isolation for far longer. Azteca is not Skull Island - the two are close to each other in the Spiral, given that the Monquistans have found their way to both places, but they are not the same islands. The timeline is intact.

Now, both the Azteca Aztecosaurs and the Skull Island Aztecosaurs share a common origin, which is very interesting. We'll get to that later...''

Does this in any way help?

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Great name!

Stormgates pop you around time and space as you go through them. Problem solved.

Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2010
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Oct 19, 2014 wrote:
Great name!

Stormgates pop you around time and space as you go through them. Problem solved.
But do winches through a hole in the ground allow you to do that?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
The Grin Reaper on Jan 9, 2015 wrote:
But do winches through a hole in the ground allow you to do that?
That winch required a Jade Key, maybe that was the necessary part. And there is a portal behind the Itzen in the Plaza of the portal, maybe there are further adventures to be had in Xol Akmul.

Captain
May 16, 2011
Hello all. I have a theory. Yes, another. I do not claim any of my claims to be true. Also - spoilers. Though, I suppose, that's a given.

Before I begin, I must say this. A part of this theory I surmised some here, in which I (sort of) made a (more-or-less) valid argument on whether or not the Wizard and Pirate timelines run simultaneously.
But anyway.... back to reality. As realistic as Pirate101 is, anyway.

It's likely that wizards went back in time to Azteca to stop Morganthe. But, of course, they failed. So, take a look in every temple in Skull Island.

Aztecosaurs. Aztecosaurs everywhere.

I believe that the winch took you baaaaaack in time as well, but to the point where the Aztecosaurs are on the verge of their struggle for survival. In Skull Island. We'll get to that.

Marco Polo himself said to Merle Ambrose, "The ancient empires of Krokotopia and Old Azteca are but hazy shadows and dim echoes of the wondrous civilization that thrived here eons ago."

Well, if Marco found Azteca, it begs the question; - granted it the destruction of Azteca did happen - how did the crew go back in time? Well, the letter also mentions: "Something terrible happened here, my friend, long ago. I have not discovered precisely what, but I grow troubled. What we found here nearly killed us all."

I have an explanation. Whether you believe me or not, I don't care and never will. Keep that in mind.

Marco Polo's crew found El Dorado, yes? Well, let's say El Dorado's "secret,"(consult this) is time travel. Limited, let's hope, if that's the case. See here. Dang, I posted a lot there. So if the "secret" is time travel, and Marco and his crew accidentally stumble upon it.

Now the hard part. Lets say, the crew in question goes baaaaaack in time straight to Azteca. As it's being destroyed by Morganthe. Yup. That's how they're "nearly killed." So, unknown to the wizard in question, the crew in question helps the citizens of Azteca to Skull Island. Felix quotes Blind Mew, in which the cat in question mentions that SI and Azteca are rather close. So, it seems reasonable that they would try to get them to SI through the Stormgate, yes? So, the Aztecosaurs in SI start construction of Xol Akmul, but quick fall into a period of decline. That's why some buildings in Xol Akmul aren't complete.

Meanwhile, earlier than the period of decline, the crew in question goes forward in time - that is to say, past the B.P.(Before Pirates) era, but not quite to the current time period in which P101 takes place. Time is too complicated. The crew in question finds the remnants of Azteca, and uncover some history. But that's more-or-less irrelevant.

When the pirates come across the Dinos in Xol Akmul, it's right before the period of decline. You're pulled back in time through the winch, essentially.

That's the explanation. I'm not entirely certain what I just explained, but whatever.

Also, I wonder If Morganthe has anything to do with El Dorado. Maybe. 9 Characters left, too.

~ Thunder