Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Murky water, while taking a Treasure Bath

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
I was farming the Water Guardian with my son recently, still trying to get that bloody, Bloody Charm that has eluded both our Buccaneers thus far and ran into something of a miniscule issue. During the farming attempts, we flooded the battle field with a cascade of Treasure Bath Doubloons. Actually only one or so per battle.

After the battle, due to the sump pump not working in the Temple (or lack of bucket and Shamwows), it was very difficult to keep track and find the Treasure piles on a couple occasions. Once I ran around looking for it but didn't see the X pop up and accidently let a 2 lock chest vanish from searching too long. I know, I know-- shame on me, group chests before gold....but I got lots of morphing to do and hybrids not to discover.

So I wanted to suggest that possibly there could be a small beam of gold (with shiny gold sparkling stars or coins) radiating upwards from the treasure piles left from using Treasure Bath doubloons, just to make it easier in these types of instances. I know there are a few more battles out there were we are getting our boots wet and may have the same difficulty seeing and finding the gold piles.

Thanks for you time!

Petty Officer
Jan 31, 2013
That is a fabulous idea! I'm colorblind so often times it's really hard and sometimes impossible for me to see the treasure piles. Cool Ranch is one of those areas that's impossible for me to see the treasure piles. Yellow on yellow and I see nothing so I end up wasting all my treasure doubloons because of it. I don't think that's really fair for people with eyesight problems. Your idea sounds great because a beam of light from above would be difficult to miss. Unless they color that beam yellow,

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Captain Rosethorn on Sep 30, 2014 wrote:
That is a fabulous idea! I'm colorblind so often times it's really hard and sometimes impossible for me to see the treasure piles. Cool Ranch is one of those areas that's impossible for me to see the treasure piles. Yellow on yellow and I see nothing so I end up wasting all my treasure doubloons because of it. I don't think that's really fair for people with eyesight problems. Your idea sounds great because a beam of light from above would be difficult to miss. Unless they color that beam yellow,
Maybe it should be a rainbow -- the pile of gold at the end of the rainbow

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Captain Rosethorn on Sep 30, 2014 wrote:
I can imagine that would be quite difficult Captain Rosethorn! And I can also imagine that ship battles, with the target crosshair may be tricky as well and in fact, a while back someone posted about being colorblind and having trouble with the crosshairs and battles (may have even been you, but it has been quite some time ago-- and my brain leaks memory fluid sometimes).

But I sure can see how locating the treasure piles would be difficult if they blend in with the background near perfectly. Maybe a rotating "X marks the spot icon", like the in-battle attribute signs, rising up from the piles would be the way to go. Or a rotating rainbow, like Willow suggested, or even a spinning shovel would do the trick I would imagine that wouldn't be overly difficult since the programming may already be in place from the attribute symbols that 'rise up' from our pirates. But I am no programmer and it most certainly may be more difficult to add in then my imagination leads me to believe.

After farming a few more times in the Water Temple, I was able to see some of the piles 'poking out' from the water but other times, depending on where they were dropped in battle, they were not visible. Perhaps the rotating, rising "X marks the spot icon" is something that could be added down the road. Especially if players with color blindness are having issues digging up the gold in other instances.

Petty Officer
Jan 31, 2013
Aye twas me that complained about the crosshairs and I still not be seeing them, yar! However, me fellow pirate Chrissy the Blesser was nice enough to post pictures of close range and far range for me to study. I memorized the pictures but for the most part I only use weapons that have no range at all on them so I don't really have to bother with long or short range.

I love the rainbow beam idea as that sounds so pretty. Plus all your other suggestions are good too. I just feel that the staff could do something to improve the treasure bath gold pile. I hope they do.