Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Buccaneer Smash (Mega Crit) & Blade Storm- Bug??

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Hey there Ratbeard, just had a question about the Buccaneer, Mega Critical Hit companion power card- Buccaneer Smash.

Is it supposed to trigger Blade Storm since it is a Mega Critical Hit attack?

I gave Temujin Blade Storm 1 and I noticed it triggers on his Super Crit Hit card but not on the Mega Crit Hit Card- Buccaneer Smash. I reset Zang Cha and gave him Blade Storm and again saw that the Mega Crit Hit Buccaneer Smash didn't activate Blade Storm. So I checked on Ratbeard as well and again no Blade Storm from Buccaneer Smash. So I then gave Barnabus Blade Storm and checked his Epic Critical Hit card, Buccaneer Strike, which DID trigger Blade Storm.

Wasn't sure if Buccaneer Smash (Mega Crit) was exempt from triggering Blade Storm-- possibly because it was a companion power and all those companions I noted that have Buccaneer Smash, also have Super Critical Hit cards that do trigger Blade Storm. But found it odd that BS was triggered from Barnabus', companion only, Epic Critical Hit card, Buccaneer Strike. Is it possibly because he doesn't have a Super Crit Hit card? *** EDIT *** Was wrong on that, Barnabus does have a Super Crit Hit card as well.

....or is it a possible bug and Buccaneer Smash should trigger Blade Storm as well?

Thank you for any insight and/or reply-- it is appreciated.

Developer
Bug.

Fixed.

Wait for the next patch.

Thank you!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Ratbeard on Sep 29, 2014 wrote:
Bug.

Fixed.

Wait for the next patch.

Thank you!
Okay.

Awesome.

Will most certainly do.

No, no.....thank you!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Hello Ratbeard, I know this is probably already known to you, and thus fixed and awaiting patching as well, but I wanted to post it just in case it hadn't been reported yet. I noticed that Vengeance Strike Critical Hits were not triggering Blade Storm for combatants that were trained with Blade Storm. So far I have only noticed it on Valkoor, Temujin, Peter Quint and Baar.

Also, to go along with the Buccaneer Smash (Mega Critical Hit) bug that has been fixed, I have noticed that when a companion with Blade Storm defeats an enemy from using that power, the Blade Storm wouldn't kick in not only from the Mega Crit Hit (which as you noted was fixed), but it also didn't kick in from defeating the enemy-- when all other conditions warranted it doing so. This may be something you are already aware of and have fixed as well, but wanted to at least share it, in case it was an unknown bug or issue. I'll try to test to see if the Blade Storm is kicking in after defeating enemies under other, 'normal' conditions. In most cases it seems to be working properly, at least with companions that have at least 1 rank of Blade Storm by default. Some that I have reset w/ BS since the changes to BS have been implemented, seem to be the only ones having the issues. I'll test further if needed.

Thank you!

Developer
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Oct 6, 2014 wrote:
Hello Ratbeard, I know this is probably already known to you, and thus fixed and awaiting patching as well, but I wanted to post it just in case it hadn't been reported yet. I noticed that Vengeance Strike Critical Hits were not triggering Blade Storm for combatants that were trained with Blade Storm. So far I have only noticed it on Valkoor, Temujin, Peter Quint and Baar.

Also, to go along with the Buccaneer Smash (Mega Critical Hit) bug that has been fixed, I have noticed that when a companion with Blade Storm defeats an enemy from using that power, the Blade Storm wouldn't kick in not only from the Mega Crit Hit (which as you noted was fixed), but it also didn't kick in from defeating the enemy-- when all other conditions warranted it doing so. This may be something you are already aware of and have fixed as well, but wanted to at least share it, in case it was an unknown bug or issue. I'll try to test to see if the Blade Storm is kicking in after defeating enemies under other, 'normal' conditions. In most cases it seems to be working properly, at least with companions that have at least 1 rank of Blade Storm by default. Some that I have reset w/ BS since the changes to BS have been implemented, seem to be the only ones having the issues. I'll test further if needed.

Thank you!
I noticed that Vengeance Strike Critical Hits were not triggering Blade Storm for combatants that were trained with Blade Storm.

I saw this reported elsewhere, and we tested it, and it's working for us.

Offhand, I'm not sure what environment QA tested. If they tested on our internal servers, it may mean that there's a bug on Live-- but it also means that the bug will be fixed next time we update. (Which would be the earliest we would fix it anyway.)

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Ratbeard on Oct 6, 2014 wrote:
I noticed that Vengeance Strike Critical Hits were not triggering Blade Storm for combatants that were trained with Blade Storm.

I saw this reported elsewhere, and we tested it, and it's working for us.

Offhand, I'm not sure what environment QA tested. If they tested on our internal servers, it may mean that there's a bug on Live-- but it also means that the bug will be fixed next time we update. (Which would be the earliest we would fix it anyway.)
Ok, thanks Ratbeard.

I do know that last night while farming the Fire Guardian, Temujin went to attack, was first hit with either Repel Boarders or First Strike, Temugin got a Vengeance Strike Mega or Epic hit and he did not get Blade Storm afterwards. I have noticed it a couple other times as well, but that certainly doesn't mean that during those times, I didn't miss the Blade Storm being triggered earlier in the round and/or attack sequence.

In last night's instance though, I do know that it was in in Temujin's initial attack sequence and his first Critical Hit during that attack. I figured that it either had already come up and been looked into and is already or soon would be fixed in an upcoming patch, if there was any issue at all.

Either way, thank you for the reply.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Hey there Ratbeard, just wanted to follow up with some more 'testing results'. I was farming MacCavity and on 3 occasions, Vengeance strike went Critical on an initial attack from a companion. On all 3 occasions Blade Storm did not trigger-- twice for Temujin and once for Baar.

In all 3 instances, they initiated the attack in my pirate's turn of battle, were stopped by an enemy's Repel Boarders, successfully attacked by the enemy and then they received their Critical Vengeance Strike(s). Temujin received a Mega and an Epic and Baar's was an Epic Crit. Hit. Those were the only times Criticals were received on Vengeance Strikes during the 10+ battles.

As stated in all 3 instances it was the very first chance at a Blade Storm being triggered, so I do believe that something fishy is going on with Blade Storm not triggering off of Critical Hit Vengeance Strikes.

Just wanted to follow up and provide more info on the possible bug since you noted that it had been tested and was thought to be working properly-- in which I know you stated, if it was a bug it would be fixed during the next update. If you need any more Live testing, I'd be happy to oblige.

Thanks!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Hello Ratbeard, just wanted to follow up with new info. After testing a bit more, I discovered that Vengeance Strike Critical Hits were properly triggering Blade Storm for my pirate, but VS Critical Hits were not triggering Blade Storm for my companions-- Baar, Quint and Temujin.

Also, I know that the Bucc. Smash (Mega Crit) not triggering BS is a bug, but I also discovered that if I used that power on an enemy and defeated it, I not only did not receive Blade Storm from the bugged Bucc. Smash but also did not get Blade Storm on an adjacent enemy, from defeating the first enemy. I have noticed this on several occasions, all with Temujin.

Not sure if any of this helps, but I will keep adding what I find just in case.

Thanks!

Developer
Thanks VtV, I'll pass that on to QA.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Ratbeard on Oct 15, 2014 wrote:
Thanks VtV, I'll pass that on to QA.
Ok, thank you kindly! And I like that.......VtV. Now I just need to take my pet and hit the Brawlin' Hall, so I can say It's PvP for VtV with a TtT pet!