Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

FrogFather Friday -- Your Update Thoughts

AuthorMessage
Developer
Ciao a tutti my Pirate friends, I trust you are well. It's so good to see you again, thank you for taking the time to visit. You'll have to forgive me for the delay in our monthly chat but I had tickets to take my dear sweet FrogMother to the hopera last week. "Ribbetleto" is one of her favorites. Coulda been better but the diva seemed have a frog in her throat--OHHHH, Frogeddabowdit!

But where are my manners? Please sit down and relax for a while. "Max, go grab our friends here that lily padded chair." I'm just watching the latest puppet show, have you seen it yet? Its's frogtastic! Here pull up that chair and watch with me for a bit. Would yas care for some hopcorn?

There now we had a little snack and a show it's time to continue our monthly discussions. Big changes in the spiral lately, big changes. In addition to the new puppet show, there have been a lot of additions and improvements made to the game recently.

For a full list please review the update notes here: https://www.pirate101.com/free_game/update_notes

So what are your thoughts on the updates? Have you had a chance to try the new tower yet? What do you think of the new Cool Ranch stagecoach? Have you been enjoying some of new grizzly treasures in the bazaar? I personally have been eyeing some of those new hair styles, but what do you think, are they me? I think you guys have warned me in the past about those wigs. Good advice as always. Also you may have noticed after much hard campaigning we've added the ability to change your pirate flags, in addition to a bunch of other razzle dazzle. So tell me truly, what do you guys think? I count on you pirates for you insight and honesty, sometimes when you're looking through the blow hole of a whale it's hard to get the whole picture, you know what I'm saying?

As always pirates I look forward to hearing your expert advice on these matters. Keep your eyes peeled for any other new surprises that may jump at you as well. A bird told me that a certain Eagle and Gator have been particularly busy as of late. Until next time, my nefarious Pirate friends, have many fantastic adventures, help one another when you can, and always, always show respect for the Spiral.

Also let us not forget Calamity and I gots this thing going here to try to stump you guys. So be sure to include your thoughts below. Was this installment here written by yours truly, the smartly dressed prince of Jonah Town or Calamity, our FrogFather Friday impersonation winner?

Ciao time for now,

FrogFather (or maybe not)

"Frogeddabowdit!" -The FrogFather (aka Jay Gordon, Piratical Producer)
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
My Dearest Frogfather ( or maybe Calamity ),
Everything added in this latest update is wonderful! Three of my six pirates changed their flags; one did a complete over-haul! My buccaneer updated her look with new hair ( the Outlander ) & face paint ( the Interloper ) she looks fit for battle now!
The new Tower is awesome fun! I always find at least one thing I can use. But please, Calamity ( or Frogfather ) let it be known that many of us receive a rare weapon that isn't suited to our pirate's class. It would be nice if these items were tradable!
The new pack is also awesome fun, my musketeer has created a lovely habitrail in her new rooms devoted to her pets! With new hybrids discovered daily ( or so it seems ) our choices in pet comrades is expanding!
In short, Calamity ( your reference to Decius & Hep gives you away ) This has been a wonderful Septembarrr that is sure to be remembered for a long time.
Respectfully,
Esperanza Devereaux

Ensign
Feb 26, 2012
There is one thing I truly don't like that doesn't help the game and it is the slithering Snakes on the ground they bring back bad memories when I come up on one I have a great fear of snakes so they really do bother me on the game to the point I'm not having as much fun any more

Ensign
Apr 26, 2011
You ask, "Have you been enjoying some of new grizzly treasures in the bazaar?"

Are you saying the bazaar sells items from the Grizzly Packs, or that there are new items in the bazaar? I wasn't aware of either. Can anyone shed light on this please?

Ensign
Feb 26, 2012
I think it would be really great if we could change our pirate's face to one we really like and change color and style of hair and our eyes and skin color. I really like the new pirate hair but it would be nice to be able to choose the color and the color of the accessories so they match what we are wearing , and it would be nice if girls had clothes that look like girls because the girls look a lot like boys in most of the clothes I want to look like a girl pirate not a boy We need more Pirate Style Clothes for the Girls and the Guys instead of looking like Military or cowboys or Indians after all the game is called Pirates We need all types of clothes for all levels not every one can stitch thankfuly I can. Just a Thought

Commodore
May 31, 2009
I am absolutely LOVING the new updates! The Tower of Moo is challenging as well as fun, and some of the loot drops are fantastic. It would be nice if those became trade-able. And the new Crown Shop items? Those are great too! The Grizzly Beast pack pets are amazing. We finally have flag dying (yay!), and the new badges based on pirate's origin and how their parents died are awesome!

Amazing job on this update KI, I can't wait to see what's next!

Also, I believe that this is Calamity writing. There's just something different about the style. Though perhaps I don't know the Frogfather as well as I thought I did...

Ensign
Oct 20, 2009
All the changes are great! I think Moo's Tower could use some tweaking still, but overall the updates have been great in my opinion!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
SaltyMolly on Sep 12, 2014 wrote:
You ask, "Have you been enjoying some of new grizzly treasures in the bazaar?"

Are you saying the bazaar sells items from the Grizzly Packs, or that there are new items in the bazaar? I wasn't aware of either. Can anyone shed light on this please?
The new items referred to are found in the Crown Shop ( not the Bazaar )

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
I love the new updates, and the new Grizzly pack. Three of my pirates (out of 12) made flag changes, two rather minor tweaks but one made a more fundamental change (ex-pink el Toro loves the new updates!), and almost all of my pirates once more have binocular vision. While currently neither of the new hair styles in the Crown Shop tempt me, I am delighted that Pirate is now introducing this feature. I have run the Tower of Moo Manchu only once, but it was a lot of fun and I will be heading back. None of my pirates are currently operating in Cool Ranch, but I know they are going to adore that stage coach - I can't tell you how happy I am at that addition to the game. Overall, an excellent update.

-Indigo

Bosun
May 10, 2010
Frogfather,

This update is probably my favorite update to date. It was more than an epic update, better than a mega update, it was a super duper update!

After all, what's not to like? Changing flag designs and colors, totally frogtastic!
Team Buffs all happening simultaneously, simply frogarific!
Another hit when you have blade storm, double tap, or mojo rising and you hit a critical, Frogarama!

Then, to put icing on the cake, or frogcicles on a hot day, there is the Nefarious tower, or otherwise known as Moo Manchu Tower. A fun, challenging, funny, exciting new dungeon with new gear, new weapons, and new surprises. No 2 frogs about it, it is frogamazing...

Cant really think of any downsides to this update that have not already been discussed in other threads. Thanks everyone for all the hard work and effort put in to make this game even better...

Ciao,

Darth JT

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
The Frogfather on Sep 12, 2014 wrote:
Ciao a tutti my Pirate friends, I trust you are well. It's so good to see you again, thank you for taking the time to visit. You'll have to forgive me for the delay in our monthly chat but I had tickets to take my dear sweet FrogMother to the hopera last week. "Ribbetleto" is one of her favorites. Coulda been better but the diva seemed have a frog in her throat--OHHHH, Frogeddabowdit!

But where are my manners? Please sit down and relax for a while. "Max, go grab our friends here that lily padded chair." I'm just watching the latest puppet show, have you seen it yet? Its's frogtastic! Here pull up that chair and watch with me for a bit. Would yas care for some hopcorn?

There now we had a little snack and a show it's time to continue our monthly discussions. Big changes in the spiral lately, big changes. In addition to the new puppet show, there have been a lot of additions and improvements made to the game recently.

For a full list please review the update notes here: https://www.pirate101.com/free_game/update_notes

So what are your thoughts on the updates? Have you had a chance to try the new tower yet? What do you think of the new Cool Ranch stagecoach? Have you been enjoying some of new grizzly treasures in the bazaar? I personally have been eyeing some of those new hair styles, but what do you think, are they me? I think you guys have warned me in the past about those wigs. Good advice as always. Also you may have noticed after much hard campaigning we've added the ability to change your pirate flags, in addition to a bunch of other razzle dazzle. So tell me truly, what do you guys think? I count on you pirates for you insight and honesty, sometimes when you're looking through the blow hole of a whale it's hard to get the whole picture, you know what I'm saying?

As always pirates I look forward to hearing your expert advice on these matters. Keep your eyes peeled for any other new surprises that may jump at you as well. A bird told me that a certain Eagle and Gator have been particularly busy as of late. Until next time, my nefarious Pirate friends, have many fantastic adventures, help one another when you can, and always, always show respect for the Spiral.

Also let us not forget Calamity and I gots this thing going here to try to stump you guys. So be sure to include your thoughts below. Was this installment here written by yours truly, the smartly dressed prince of Jonah Town or Calamity, our FrogFather Friday impersonation winner?

Ciao time for now,

FrogFather (or maybe not)
I'm sure you wrote this, so it's definitely you, Frogfather. No doubt about it.

Now, what are my thoughts on the new update? Well...

I... LOVE the new gauntlet! It's speaking that kind of challenge we've been waiting for after waiting so long! Us Pirates have been asking for it, & now, we have it! The gauntlet could use one new optional secret boss added, for some more challenge & more very good custom loot, just for a thought, but other than that, it's great! I hope you can make more challenging gauntlets like it soon! I would like to see more of them!

The new Puppet Show was brilliantly amazing, too! It really brought out more of the backstory & depth that previous main storyline Books were lacking before, & it was great! The origins of English Bill becoming the Duck of Death were quite a tale that unfolded before out very ears, & no doubt it is one of the best Puppet Shows made yet! I think Book 5 might need a new Puppet Show someday soon... for I would like to see that happen.

The changes to Cool Ranch are also, good, too. There are many aspects of that world that needed a good touching up, & no doubt there are many more to be made soon out there.

I look forward to seeing some more challenging gauntlets like it, along with continuing the main storyline! Going back to Valencia will be quite a challenge... no doubt the Clockworks will be ready for us this time, but, so will we! I itch to find more adventure real soon!

Always, thanks once again for soothing our boredom while we wait!