Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

History in P101? Challenge accepted!

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Aug 09, 2013
To make a long story short, I was challenged on trying to name most of the Pirate101 historical easter eggs. Now, history power activate!
Captain Avery, or Henry Every was a pirate who served in the the Royal Navy of England. He was also nicknamed the 'King of Pirates'
Anne Bonny was an Irish Pirate who spent most of her time sailing in the Caribbean
Ratbeard is named after the legendary outlaw pirate Blackbeard
El Dorado is a spanish legend of a city of gold. It even translates to "city of gold"
Marco Pollo was an explorer who traveled through Asia and China. He even wrote a book about his adventures
The Flying Dutchman's ship is an old pirate legend about a cursed ghost ship that is forced to sail the seas forever
Gortez is most likely based off of the Spanish Conquistador 'Hernan Cortes'
King Ferdinand of Aragon was the first king of Spain. King Ferdinand in the game is the former king of Monquista, just so you guys know.
Ridolfo Capo Ferro was Italy's famous master of fencing
Iago was the main antagonist in Shakespeare's "The Tragedy of Othello, The Moor of Venice" story
Napoleguin is based off of Napoleon Bonaparte, former ruler of France and French military leader
Rooster Cogburn was a character in the Novel "True Grit"
Frank and Jesse James were brothers who committed crimes in the Wild West
Pancho and Lefty are based off of a song made by country singer Townes Van Zandt
"Butch and Sundance" was an old country film, about Butch Cassidy and the Sundance kid trying to become western outlaws
The duck with no name in Cool Ranch is based off the character "The Man with no name" being portrayed by Clint Eastwood
El Toro is based off of the fictional hero Zorro
The Thunderbird is an old American Indian legend
The Magnificent 7 are characters based off of real lawmen and outlaws:
William Henry McCarthy (Billy the Kid)
William Frederick "Buffalo Bill" Cody
Doc Holiday - Duck Holiday
William Barclay "Bat" Masterson
James Butler "Wild Bill" Hickok
Martha "Calamity" Jane Canary
Wyatt Earp - Wyatt Chirp
The Wild Bunch was a band of outlaws known for robbing banks, stopping trains and killing lawmen in the wild west
Captain Blood is a fictional pirate from a novel. Even Sabatini is part of it
Wild Bill Hickok's death is known as "dead mans hand". Hickok was shot while playing a game of poker, and was holding 2 eights and 2 aces in one of his hands
Sun WoKung (Monkey King) was part of the Chinese novel "Journey to the West"
General Tso's chicken is a sweet and spicy chicken served in most american Chinese restaurants
The Trojan War was war that took place according to Greek Mythology. You should recognize Paris, Achilles, Agamemnon and Ajax since they're in the game and in the legend ;)
Hercules is a legendary Greek Mythology hero. Did I mention he is the son of Zeus?
According to Greek Mythology, The Labyrinth is where a legendary Minotaur is being locked up by powerful chains
Antinous is a Greek youth who was praised in the Roman empire
Done! I think...

Lieutenant
Jan 18, 2011
Scurvy Anthony Wal... on Sep 10, 2014 wrote:
To make a long story short, I was challenged on trying to name most of the Pirate101 historical easter eggs. Now, history power activate!
Captain Avery, or Henry Every was a pirate who served in the the Royal Navy of England. He was also nicknamed the 'King of Pirates'
Anne Bonny was an Irish Pirate who spent most of her time sailing in the Caribbean
El Dorado is a spanish legend of a city of gold. It even translates to "city of gold"
Marco Pollo was an explorer who traveled through Asia and China. He even wrote a book about his adventures
The Flying Dutchman's ship is an old pirate legend about a cursed ghost ship that is forced to sail the seas forever
King Ferdinand of Aragon was the first king of Spain. King Ferdinand in the game is the former king of Monquista, just so you guys know.
Iago was the main antagonist in Shakespeare's "The Tragedy of Othello, The Moor of Venice" story
Napoleguin is based off of Napoleon Bonaparte, former ruler of France and French military leader
Pancho and Lefty are based off of a song made by country singer Townes Van Zandt
"Butch and Sundance" was an old country film, about Butch Cassidy and the Sundance kid trying to become western outlaws
The duck with no name in Cool Ranch is based off the character "The Man with no name" being portrayed by Clint Eastwood
Wyatt Earp - Wyatt Chirp
The Wild Bunch was a band of outlaws known for robbing banks, stopping trains and killing lawmen in the wild west
Wild Bill Hickok's death is known as "dead mans hand". Hickok was shot while playing a game of poker, and was holding 2 eights and 2 aces in one of his hands
General Tso's chicken is a sweet and spicy chicken served in most american Chinese restaurants
The Trojan War was war that took place according to Greek Mythology. You should recognize Paris, Achilles, Agamemnon and Ajax since they're in the game and in the legend ;)
Hercules is a legendary Greek Mythology hero. Did I mention he is the son of Zeus?
According to Greek Mythology, The Labyrinth is where a legendary Minotaur is being locked up by powerful chains
Done! I think...
Sorry to correct you, but Really Monkey King is based off of an old Chinese Legend about the real Monkey king who is really old for he was born from a rock egg and the whole story with the turtle balls were based on the real legend about how Monkey king made his way to the sacred land of the Buddha to receive the sacred tablets of prayers. He done this journey with a Monk, an Archer, a man who's cursed to look like a pig because of his gluttony, a river dragon who ate the monk's horse but took the form of that horse to travel with them and a ugly monstrous man who worn skulls around his neck named Friar Sand who lived in the quicksand swamp that they run into in their journey. The whole 'mountain dropped on monkey king' was suppose to mark the beginning of that whole journey legend when Monkey king behaved horribly and wrecked havoc on Chinese Heaven and was imprisoned inside a mountain by Buddha until the time has come and Monkey king learned his lesson.

Also the term Armada came from the Spain's Mighty Armada during the 1500's.
Valencia is named after a state in Spain yet the world resembles the Renaissance age of Italy had Leonardo da Vinci made his inventions.
One of the villains you face in the sewers of marleybone (part of Bonnie's promotion I think, the dog with the butcher knife and top hat with mask is who I thinking of) was based off of Jack the Ripper, a famous criminal in old England who killed many women who were alone on the streets trying to rip off money from men (don't mean to offend Kingisle if I told you what kind of women they really are).
(more to come later)

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
The Magnificent Seven was also the name of a western film which was, in turn, based on a Japanese film, Sons of the Seven Samurai.

Lieutenant
Jan 18, 2011
Porto Mico is based off of a real island that was colonized by the Spanish which we now call "Porto Rico"

Moo Manchu is based off a fictional villain from an old kung fu movie

The Long Ranger and his partner (who you rescue later) is based off of the film "Lone Ranger"

The Pegasus Mount which you can receive in Aquila was from the myth legend of how one man tamed the Pegasus in order to kill the mighty Chimera.

Just to put it straight here ......... Just about everything you run into in Aquila and the events you experience is based off of some Myth legend ranging from the invasion of troy (Iliad) to Ulysses's travel towards home (Odyssey).

Marleybone is based off of England's engineering revolution age (what a great time ...)

Meowary; Based off of Sherlock Homes greatest foe

I'm impressed of all the things you can named Anthony, keep up the good work

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
Tyson's is a real restaurant that serves chicken
Louis Le Bisque's name comes from two crab dishes, crab Louis and crab bisque

That is all.

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
Interesting research their mate.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

Lieutenant
Aug 09, 2013
Scurvy Anthony Wal... on Sep 10, 2014 wrote:
Wyatt Earp - Wyatt Chirp
Done! I think...
Looking back at my older History books, I saw a few that I have missed. Plus some of them came to me a while back. Here is some more information. I did the Easter eggs in order of world.
SKULL ISLAND EASTER EGGS BOOKS 1-2:
Jonah Town likely received its name off of the story "Jonah and the Whale"
The Godfather is a 70s American crime film
Le Bisque is a crab meal. Its yummy too
Buster Crab might be named after athlete and actor Buster Crabbe
Captain Gunn is a fictional pirate who was killed because he couldn't find a certain treasure
Puerto Mico is named after Puerto Rico
MONQUISTA EASTER EGGS BOOK 3:
The Monkey's Paw is a short story about who ever posses the monkeys paw will be able to make 3 wishes, however the wishes will be determined by their fate
VALENCIA EASTER EGGS BOOK 4:
Valencia is a city in Spain
COOL RANCH EASTER EGGS BOOKS 5-7:
Liberty Valance was a character in the movie "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance"
Dos amigos y uno is likely named after the Argentinian musical film "Dos amigos y un amor"
The Banditoads might be named after the American band the "Banditos"
2nd SKULL ISLAND EASTER EGGS BOOK 8:
Captain Dan might be named after captain of the American Civil War Captain Daniel Ellis
The North Star or North Pole star is named Polaris
2nd COOL RANCH EASTER EGGS BOOKS 9-10:
Monterey Jack is an American cheese
"The Magnificent 7" is an old western film
Mike Tyson was a boxer until he retired
La Llorona is a boss ship in Haunted Skyway. Its named after a Mexican horror legend
MOOSHU EASTER EGGS BOOKS 11-12:
Moo shu pork is a dish in China
Egg Shen and Lo Pan are characters from the 80s movie "Big Trouble in Little China"
The Turtle balls could be based off of the Dragon balls from Dragon Ball Z. Receiving a certain amount of dragon balls would summon a mighty dragon
MARLEYBONE EASTER EGGS BOOK 13:
'Marylebone' is a little city within the City of Westminster of England
Captain Kidd is a pirate who killed other pirates, and then became a pirate himself
Felix, an NPC in the Snail and Newt tavern under the Isle of Dogs is named after "Felix the Cat" an old character from an American cartoon show
Crocodile Dundee, another NPC in Snail and Newt tavern, is named after a character from an Australian comedy movie of the same name
Thomas Kat, and enemy in Marleybone 'might' be named after the character Tom Cat from the old television cartoon "Tom and Jerry"
Mycroft Holmes and Moriarty are characters from the Sherlock Holmes stories
AQUILA EASTER EGGS BOOK 14:
Aquila (translated to Eagle) was the main symbol used in ancient Rome
Ulysses is a fictional character in Greek literature
Argos is a city in Greece
The Hydra and Scylla are ancient Greek mythical beasts
Typhon is the deadliest monster according to Greek Mythology
Zeena is named after the fictional warrior, Queen of Amazons, Xena. She is part of the "warrior princess" series
Spartacus was a Thracian gladiator in the Roman Empire
Feel free to add or correct me on anything I did or missed. See you in the Spiral

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
winter goddess on Sep 13, 2014 wrote:
Porto Mico is based off of a real island that was colonized by the Spanish which we now call "Porto Rico"

Moo Manchu is based off a fictional villain from an old kung fu movie

The Long Ranger and his partner (who you rescue later) is based off of the film "Lone Ranger"

The Pegasus Mount which you can receive in Aquila was from the myth legend of how one man tamed the Pegasus in order to kill the mighty Chimera.

Just to put it straight here ......... Just about everything you run into in Aquila and the events you experience is based off of some Myth legend ranging from the invasion of troy (Iliad) to Ulysses's travel towards home (Odyssey).

Marleybone is based off of England's engineering revolution age (what a great time ...)

Meowary; Based off of Sherlock Homes greatest foe

I'm impressed of all the things you can named Anthony, keep up the good work
From everything I can tell, Meowarty appears only in W101 rather than P101.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Max DeGroot on Sep 15, 2014 wrote:
From everything I can tell, Meowarty appears only in W101 rather than P101.
You haven't finished Aquila, Max! Finish it and you will get to meet and talk to Meowiarty!

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
anecorbie on Sep 15, 2014 wrote:
You haven't finished Aquila, Max! Finish it and you will get to meet and talk to Meowiarty!
AHA!! You are privy to inside information, since Meowiarty was not mentioned in Valencia Part I at all.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Max DeGroot on Sep 15, 2014 wrote:
AHA!! You are privy to inside information, since Meowiarty was not mentioned in Valencia Part I at all.
As you can see, I corrected my mistake in using Valencia instead of Aquila. ( As to inside information, I wish! )