Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Battle Standard questions

AuthorMessage
Captain
Dec 11, 2010
:D I recently got the new battle standard (2 packs in O.O) and was curious what qualifies as a beast?

I have noticed that the new pets (and the dabloons from the new pack) appear to be able to use it, and I assume the bear companions too.

So what does qualify as a beast for this? Also I noticed this battle standard doesn't require the companions to stay near it (Which makes it much better for the pets that get the boost)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Rachel Dreamsong on Sep 4, 2014 wrote:
:D I recently got the new battle standard (2 packs in O.O) and was curious what qualifies as a beast?

I have noticed that the new pets (and the dabloons from the new pack) appear to be able to use it, and I assume the bear companions too.

So what does qualify as a beast for this? Also I noticed this battle standard doesn't require the companions to stay near it (Which makes it much better for the pets that get the boost)
I believe if you have beast companions, as the WDs have 4 of these and the beast companions available in the Crown shop; these are the 'beasts' that the totem/standard affects.

Developer
All pets, plus anything that looks like a pet or an animal (no matter how fantastic).

(If it talks, it's probably not a Beast.)

If something comes up that you think should qualify and it isn't, let me know and I'll see if it's a bug or not.

Lieutenant
Sep 19, 2011
I had assumed this is for the animal companion the witch doctors get like the battacuda or scorpion. But that is assumption I would like to know more too

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
Ratbeard on Sep 5, 2014 wrote:
All pets, plus anything that looks like a pet or an animal (no matter how fantastic).

If something comes up that you think should qualify and it isn't, let me know and I'll see if it's a bug or not.
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes.Scorpius,Rollie(my Crocogator),Genevieve(my Sky Snake),George(my batacuda) are gonna be as thrilled as I am!Do you know how much I love the non sapient companions witchdoctors get!?!?!Do you!?!?

Thank you,thank you,thank you,thank you!!!!!
Now just gotta get my hands on it...that's gonna be hard...

Lieutenant
Sep 19, 2011
Thank you Ratbeard that clears it up for me

Captain
Dec 11, 2010

Ahh that makes sense.
I think the Dino companions should count (if they don't already, haven't checked) since the companion versions dont talk

Developer
Rachel Dreamsong on Sep 5, 2014 wrote:
Ahh that makes sense.
I think the Dino companions should count (if they don't already, haven't checked) since the companion versions dont talk
No, they don't count. (And they do talk.)

I should probably also add, "If it walks on two legs, wears clothes and/or jewelry, and/or has opposable thumbs, that's probably not a beast, either."

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
The Hoodoo Master on Sep 5, 2014 wrote:
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes.Scorpius,Rollie(my Crocogator),Genevieve(my Sky Snake),George(my batacuda) are gonna be as thrilled as I am!Do you know how much I love the non sapient companions witchdoctors get!?!?!Do you!?!?

Thank you,thank you,thank you,thank you!!!!!
Now just gotta get my hands on it...that's gonna be hard...
At least the Standard isn't an epic rare. But it isn't common either

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
Lieutenant
Nov 01, 2012
I got mine from a drop and have been wondering the same thing. Thanks!

Ensign
Oct 08, 2012
Rachel Dreamsong on Sep 5, 2014 wrote:
Ahh that makes sense.
I totally agree with ya on that. I would love it if Kawil can have increased critical and damage with the Beast standard.

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
No, they don't count. (And they do talk.)

I should probably also add, "If it walks on two legs, wears clothes and/or jewelry, and/or has opposable thumbs, that's probably not a beast, either."
Btw do the Grizzly Bear companions count? I just feel like maybe they do since they are in the same pack