Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Tough Enemies?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 14, 2014
So, I've been having trouble trying to keep my minions alive after I fight the tough striped buffaloons and stingtails. Is there some sort of strategy of how to defeat these enemies without my companions being on bed rests? Thanks.

From a swashbuckler in need.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
The only way that I know of is to know approximately how much damage your Companions will do when they hit and attack one Buffaloon (or Bumbaloon) with enough Companions to defeat it before attacking any others unless you are using Area of Effect (AOE) attacks (bombs, spells, and Musketeer attacks that affect more than one enemy). Then try for the greatest number of enemies to be attacked along with the primary attacked enemy.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Well, what team of companions are you using? If you're using squisky little musketeers and witchdoctors, yes, they are going to get pounded. If you change up your crew to include buccaneers, with higher armor and health, and swashbucklers who hit harder and have higher dodge, you may fair better.