Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

I can't enter the Test Realm...

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Aug 09, 2013
Hopefully Bonnie or Jack will read this... Anyways, I downloaded the Test Realm for the latest Pirate101 update, and it seems to take a very long time for the Pirate101 launcher to load up. I put in all my username and password to log into the game. However, the game can't completely download. The download stops at a file called "Patching PatchConfig.xml" on the download bar on the bottom of the launcher. In case you need to know, I use a Macintosh HD OS X 10.9.4 from what it says on my system preferences. Please see if there is indeed an issue here, and please do notify if you indeed have a solution to fix this small situation. Thanks again, and see you in the spiral

Captain
Jul 16, 2014
Ahoy Anthony,

Sorry you are having trouble loading the test realm. Please send an email to support@pirate101.com and they will help you figure out what the problem may be.

*Bonnie Anne, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Lieutenant
Aug 09, 2013
Bonnie Anne on Aug 15, 2014 wrote:
Ahoy Anthony,

Sorry you are having trouble loading the test realm. Please send an email to support@pirate101.com and they will help you figure out what the problem may be.
Here's an update. It managed to progress a little. However, I received an Error 113 message stating that there are 2 things running or something. I didn't quite understand what it was. Thanks again Bonnie, but should I also report this error message to Customer Support or is there anything you can do to help? Thanks again!

Captain
Jul 16, 2014
Yes, if you have already opened a support ticket, you can follow up with additional info.

I did find this in our FAQ about error 113 on Mac:

If you are getting an error message that says you don't have permissions to read/write be sure you are running the game on a user account with administrator privileges.

You will need to have these privileges to run Wizard101 or Pirate101.

For more information on user accounts and how to create them go to http://support.apple.com

Ex: http://support.apple.com/kb/ph6651

*Bonnie Anne, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
Jul 19, 2014
i can't enter the test realm, because i download it and it says Pirate101 Test, but then when i click on it and try to open the file, it acts like it is just regular pirate101, but i play it anyway, thinking it would have the new stuff, but it doesn't. it is just a slower pirate101. i have a iMac.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
musketeer warren on Aug 26, 2014 wrote:
i can't enter the test realm, because i download it and it says Pirate101 Test, but then when i click on it and try to open the file, it acts like it is just regular pirate101, but i play it anyway, thinking it would have the new stuff, but it doesn't. it is just a slower pirate101. i have a iMac.
Hi Warren. I believe One-Eyed Jack posted a work around to your problem in the Test Realm Thread. Here is a link to his post.