Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What if...

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
May 19, 2013
So I was thinking, what if our pirate retired at an early age? (After all she/he did begin pirating at an early age) what would your pirate be doing and where would they live? Here is what and where:
Cruel Madeline- she would live in marleybone and she would work as an author
Silent Miranda Easton- she would live in cool ranch and become a sheriff.
Please post your ideas.

Petty Officer
Aug 27, 2010
jesusfollower363 on Aug 1, 2014 wrote:
So I was thinking, what if our pirate retired at an early age? (After all she/he did begin pirating at an early age) what would your pirate be doing and where would they live? Here is what and where:
Please post your ideas.
Isn't the whole point of retirement to stop working, not just to switch to another job?

Petty Officer
Apr 21, 2012
Please post your ideas.
When my Pirate finally retires, I expect to be from the blade of an evildoer.

First Mate
Dec 13, 2009
Laura Alcott would probably live in Monquista after she retires, taking over a prison or something to use as her home.
Felix Alcott would... um... I have no idea. He would probably be killed before then, he's too reckless.
Kai would buy a villa in Valencia, probably trying to start his own resistance against the Armada until he dies.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 22, 2011
Dark Daniel Kidd would be rich and live in a Marleybone estate, lording over all of the weak little peasants. Taxes! Taxes to all of you! Hahaha, peasants, hahaha!

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
wraithcaster on Aug 3, 2014 wrote:
When my Pirate finally retires, I expect to be from the blade of an evildoer.
Oo, ow! 'wraithcaster'... kind of a harsh end, don't you think? But typical, perhaps.

I don't expect Anne would ever wish to retire; she'd always be looking for places to explore, new sights to see, peoples to meet, old friends to see again... though what she would really love is respectability. She's an honorable person even though she hasn't always done the right thing (makes her an interesting person really) and often admitting she is a pirate makes her feel like she is the scum of the earth. But what she doesn't realize (yet) is that she treasures being her own person, answering to no one but her crew (and her conscience), having the freedom to go where she wishes and make her own decisions. She may have fanciful dreams of being a real officer in the Marleybonean navy, with the respect and honor associated with the position, but would she want to accept a position where duty that might keep her in one place and she finds the need to obey orders no matter whether she agrees with them or not? No... I don't think so.

So though Anne might chafe at rightfully being scorned, sneered at, or even hunted as an outlaw of the skies; even though she has to struggle mostly by herself over whether an action is right or wrong rather than being secure in being told what to do, she has the freedom of the skies, the most precious gift of all. So, yo ho! A pirate's life for her!

Lieutenant
Jan 18, 2011
MarleybonePatriot on Aug 2, 2014 wrote:
Isn't the whole point of retirement to stop working, not just to switch to another job?
You gotta have some source of income or hobby to stop yourself from pirating. Not everyone have a really quiet life in retirement. Take Avery for example; when he retired from pirating he decided to establish a pirate capital and became governor of skull island. So in a way he's not an 'active' pirate.

And this guy in Port Regal was a well known pirate before he retired and got married (the one who helped us get the windstone to marleybone). Who says the money you make from pirating will last? Most pirates will look foward to retiring a quiet, settled life once they made enough money to last them a lifetime (although, for some pirates they may at some point get bored of the 'quiet' life and will fall back to the pirating habbit).

When Black Rose finally stop pirating, she will either continue her work as a bounty huntress or reclaim her family's upper class legacy so she can settle down as a rich merchant.

Now here's my question, what will your main crew characters do when they retired?

Lieutenant
Jan 18, 2011
darkdoombro345 on Aug 4, 2014 wrote:
Dark Daniel Kidd would be rich and live in a Marleybone estate, lording over all of the weak little peasants. Taxes! Taxes to all of you! Hahaha, peasants, hahaha!
Ok, a little over your head Daniel.

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
i would never retire! i would continue to slay evil and destroy all those who oppose me so judging by that i guess my pirate is already retired

Gunner's Mate
Nov 14, 2013
Well I wouldn't retire but I would become a navel officer in the MB army Quentin Irving level 65

Ensign
Aug 10, 2011
Captain Dark Gillian Quincy would most likely head back to her home in Mooshu and just live out her life peacefully. But to her, a pirate's work should never end!
And the other Dark Gillian Quincy would head back to Krokotopia and help those in need with her witchdoctory powers (i dont even know).

I should take more time to think this through

Gunner's Mate
May 28, 2013
Captain
Mar 24, 2013
That's a very good questions,it depends which pirate class you are asking it can be at a very early age or well to theire well elder age.

= This class retire at an early age, this class needed to be in top physical conditions. Due to the fact this class engage more close combat in duels then any other class. Needed to have high physical endurance to absorb intensive pain. That's why Buccaneers are nicknamed " The warrior pirate."

= This class take a little longer to retire,as long they are fast to react this class can still do a what the assassin pirate do. Give a surprise attack.

= Another class to take at an early age. Privateers maybe leaders,but early on when engaging combat like Buccaneer they need high physical endurance,but unlike Buccaneer this class can last well to the elder stage.It's all about balancing mind and the body. Privateers are sometimes called " the scout "pirate.

= The Sniper pirate, this class can last well to the elder stage.As long as they have quick reflex Musketeers can go on and on.

= This class have the longest retirement,long after they reach the elder stage witchdoctors,belive it or not hoodoo power do get better with as this class age or in this case level up. Well done to the wizard pirate.

What to after the armada, my privateer want to explore more of the spiral, my buccaneer still don't know what after defeating kane and the rest wanted to become a master pirate.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
darkdoombro345 on Aug 4, 2014 wrote:
LOL, reminds me of the quest where you have to become a citizen of Aquila.

"I hereby grant you the title of Citizen of the New Aquilan Empire, and confer upon you all the rights and privileges thereof. Enjoy your taxes."

Commodore
May 31, 2009
Please post your ideas.
Ooh, interesting topic! Okay:

Misty Jackson would retire to Marleybone and write the tales of her adventures down so all could read them. When she gets bored (and she will, believe me) she'd revisit other worlds of the Spiral.

Kestrel Hawkins would leave her pirating days behind and become a merchant in Skull Island. She would travel the Spiral to bring exotic foods, clothing, and items to sell.

Brynn Laveer would also stay in Skull Island. She would use her unique powers to make and sell potions and cures, and tell fortunes (for a small fee, of course).

Holly Nightingale would move to MooShu, more specifically Subata Temple, to study and expand her knowledge.

Lucas Ironside would live in Cool Ranch and become a lawman, working closely with the Magnificent Seven to keep peace in the Skyways.

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
Become a teacher at Wizard City and teach the powers of hoodoo magic