Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

My quest may be at an end

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Feb 22, 2011
Ever since I first saw it, I've been on a quest to get that mysterious cat in the morphing tent. And then it hit me. Not so great white shark is a play on the white shark. So maybe it's a mix of the not so great white shark and the imperial lion? Together, they make...

THE NOT-SO-GREAT CATSBY! what do you think? Too corny? It's no worse than some of the other things. Anyways, seeing as the cat has a sharktooth necklace, this all pieces together pretty well.

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
darkdoombro345 on Aug 1, 2014 wrote:
Ever since I first saw it, I've been on a quest to get that mysterious cat in the morphing tent. And then it hit me. Not so great white shark is a play on the white shark. So maybe it's a mix of the not so great white shark and the imperial lion? Together, they make...

THE NOT-SO-GREAT CATSBY! what do you think? Too corny? It's no worse than some of the other things. Anyways, seeing as the cat has a sharktooth necklace, this all pieces together pretty well.
:O and the great white shark is obtainable via pet wrangling

Purrhaps maybe this is what Decius was hinting towards?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009

Ohh I like how you think. Laying the corn on thick is the norm in the Spiral so I wouldn't worry about that one. Nice call on the necklace clue. I really hope you are right.

Petty Officer
Aug 11, 2013
Too corny? Why, of course it is.

I wouldn't put it past the team at KI, though. It's a good theory. I too have been trying to get that cat. I love the looks of it! I hope you're right, old sport.

~Gibbsie

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
Corn is great! especially as a tortilla, or popped, or steamed, or grilled. In chowder, creamed and even as grits.

Be as Corny as you can I say.

As for the name "the not so great catsby", sadly you are barking up the wrong tree for that cat. I do love that name though and wish I would have thought of it first.

While you ponder what to do next come have some sparring matches!

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012

*Giggling* What a terrible pun! And a literary pun too! I love it

Gunner's Mate
Feb 22, 2011
Decius Duelmaster on Aug 4, 2014 wrote:
Corn is great! especially as a tortilla, or popped, or steamed, or grilled. In chowder, creamed and even as grits.

As for the name "the not so great catsby", sadly you are barking up the wrong tree for that cat. I do love that name though and wish I would have thought of it first.

Barking up the wrong tree, eh? Sounds like some sort of wood thing and dogs. Sorry, but I see everything as a hint. And yes, I enjoy corn too. Wait, is there a corn pet? That would scare me... And too bad for that 'Not so Great Catsby' thing... Maybe make that a pet hybrid with that cat later?

Ensign
Jul 26, 2009
Not-so great-Catsby. That's hilarious. I wonder if he would look out a window and stare wistfully into the distance...

Gunner's Mate
Feb 22, 2011

Wait- you just said Be as Corny as you can I say.
Besides what I will most regrettably ignore as a typo, I do believe you have capitalized the word Corny. And all those hints about food and corn... A Corny Marshadillow? No... well, maybe...

Captain
Dec 01, 2012

Like Decius said,corn is awesome,take my word for it,I really love corn.Corn is so awesome.

Anyways,I love the idea,old sport.

Petty Officer
Aug 11, 2013
The Hoodoo Master on Aug 5, 2014 wrote:
Like Decius said,corn is awesome,take my word for it,I really love corn.Corn is so awesome.

Anyways,I love the idea,old sport.
Yay! Someone else made a Gatsby reference in their reply! Gotta love Gatsby.

~Gibbsie

Captain
Dec 11, 2010

Wait a minute
Corn= food
food= edible
edible= candy

:O is Decius hinting that it could be a Birthoween pet?

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
The Gibbs on Aug 5, 2014 wrote:
Yay! Someone else made a Gatsby reference in their reply! Gotta love Gatsby.

~Gibbsie
Well,what can I say,I guess the not-so-great-catsby will just remain the unattainable green light at the end of the dock.Yeah,I know,what can i say.Hmm...if there is a pet like this,I'll hatch two and name them Jay and Daisy!(not even sure those names are available,lol)

Wait a second...if I get one of this pet,does that mean I'm gonna have to be trying to fall asleep,while cats party all night in my witchdoctor's Haunted Grotto(which recently got a showcase on Paige's Page)

Gunner's Mate
Feb 22, 2011
Curses! 'Twas naught but a pack pet! Man, not a hybrid. Ah well.