Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What is the armada's true goal?

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Nov 01, 2012
Ok I've been wondering this ever since we learned about the armada and el dorado because I want to know why does the armada want to go to el dorado? Now you could say it's for the gold and treasures but why would they need money when they could just take it and from their huge army, tons of guns, fortresses (beachhead for example), ammunition, ships (especially rookes warship), and resources I think it's safe to say that there crazy rich so the question is what's in el dorado that they want so dearly. I have so many theories in my head to think of about what is in el dorado that they want but things I'm sure of is that it has something to do with that enormous machine in the center of Valencia most people say it's the place Kane lives and where they make the armada troops and ships and simply just the center of all the armada which I believe could also be true but what if their is something else like what if that machine does something and that's what I think is what el dorado is for because I think there is something in el dorado that will power up the machine and do something clearly evil and destructive. But I could very well be wrong but also there is something that's been hinted at and another possibility of what the armada is after because if you pay close attention to each map holder (egg foo young, Argos, catbeard, etc.) some of them tell you that el dorado is a dangerous place and that it's evil and full on bad. I don't know exactly what that could mean because they're are many possibilities of what those dangers are but I also think whatever the evils that are there are that could be what the armada wants and why they want them who knows I'm done ranting now haha. But anyways I was wondering what other peoples theories are on the armada's true goal either for el dorado or their goal in general

Ensign
Nov 28, 2009
When Spanish explorers first arrived in South America they heard of as tribe of natives high in the Andes. When a new chieftain came into power in this tribe, a ceremony was completed. The new chieftain would cover himself in gold dust and dive into Lake Guatavita while the tribe people threw gold and other precious jewels into the deep lake in order to appease a god that apparently lived in the lake. The Spaniards began to call the chieftain "the gilded one" which translates to El Dorado.
There are countless other tales of El Dorado, and the Pirate101 version could relate to any one of them. I believe this "great power" that is in our El Dorado is the underwater god hailed by the South American tribe.

Also, there is a movie that is based on a journey to El Dorado, in which the heroes and heroine find El Dorado, the lost city of gold. I haven't watched it yet, but from the trailer, along the way they find a map, play Greek Games, and various other activities that may or may not relate to our quest line.

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
Excellent question.

A clue to the answer, I think, lies in the report that Bishop gives to Kane about the Toymaker. Could the Toymaker be the genius behind the invention of Kane and the other clockworks? Could they be seeking him in El Dorado?

Petty Officer
Apr 21, 2012
Perhaps they wish to harness the deadly power located in the ancient city, the one that almost killed Pollo and his crew. They are meddling in things they shouldn't be.

Then again, we're also looking for the map, so perhaps they're not the only ones.

Bosun
Sep 09, 2010
There goal is probably to get to el dorado **the lost city of gold before you do and I don't know maybe one of them will tell you in the dialogue.

Ensign
Sep 29, 2012
Ethan the baron on Jul 31, 2014 wrote:
Ok I've been wondering this ever since we learned about the armada and el dorado because I want to know why does the armada want to go to el dorado? Now you could say it's for the gold and treasures but why would they need money when they could just take it and from their huge army, tons of guns, fortresses (beachhead for example), ammunition, ships (especially rookes warship), and resources I think it's safe to say that there crazy rich so the question is what's in el dorado that they want so dearly. I have so many theories in my head to think of about what is in el dorado that they want but things I'm sure of is that it has something to do with that enormous machine in the center of Valencia most people say it's the place Kane lives and where they make the armada troops and ships and simply just the center of all the armada which I believe could also be true but what if their is something else like what if that machine does something and that's what I think is what el dorado is for because I think there is something in el dorado that will power up the machine and do something clearly evil and destructive. But I could very well be wrong but also there is something that's been hinted at and another possibility of what the armada is after because if you pay close attention to each map holder (egg foo young, Argos, catbeard, etc.) some of them tell you that el dorado is a dangerous place and that it's evil and full on bad. I don't know exactly what that could mean because they're are many possibilities of what those dangers are but I also think whatever the evils that are there are that could be what the armada wants and why they want them who knows I'm done ranting now haha. But anyways I was wondering what other peoples theories are on the armada's true goal either for el dorado or their goal in general
Remember in the story when the no say a great power lies in el dorado that could destroy the whole spiral the armada wants hold of that power so they can destroy the human and pirate world and make a world of just clockworks and machines.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Max DeGroot on Aug 1, 2014 wrote:
Excellent question.

A clue to the answer, I think, lies in the report that Bishop gives to Kane about the Toymaker. Could the Toymaker be the genius behind the invention of Kane and the other clockworks? Could they be seeking him in El Dorado?
Ooh, nice speculation! I've been assuming the Toymaker was somewhere accessible, but that really makes me think!

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
the armada's true goal is to save the spiral from what is contained inside el dorado, long live kane our lord and savior!

Petty Officer
Apr 21, 2012
zuto4011a on Aug 3, 2014 wrote:
the armada's true goal is to save the spiral from what is contained inside el dorado, long live kane our lord and savior!
Then why is he looking for the map instead of destroying the pieces? If the power is contained, it should be best to make sure no one can release it.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
wraithcaster on Aug 4, 2014 wrote:
Then why is he looking for the map instead of destroying the pieces? If the power is contained, it should be best to make sure no one can release it.
maybe because its ESCAPING, besides you should never question our lord and savior kane

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I would trust Avery ( sneaky as his is ) over the Tin Man of Cadiz! What's the Armada's true goal? Why, only complete domination over the Spiral and the beings living in it! Do you want to take orders from an oily automaton? Do you want your freedom to explore curtailed by a 'Lord and Master'? When they come to Skull Island, what should our answer be? Cannons, sparks, Hoodoo and steel!!!

Petty Officer
Feb 05, 2013
The armadas goal is pretty clear. I'm pretty sure avery tells u it :I What i remember is that they wanted to wipe out pirates completely and take over the spiral. But they also want to find el dorado 2. Never said why they wanted to do that. Its like a side thought, they just wanna be rich not important, but i think theres something in el dorado they want to power a machine, because in the beach head theres those machines checking out this giant golden wheel or something. Anyway, its like the clockwork birds. Just a side thought. OH armada wants to be rich thats why there going to el dorado, blah blah blah, they wanna wipe out pirates. I thought the clockwork birds were just useless pigeons, but it turns out it was wayyyy more important. I don't wanna spoils, but the clockwork birds are extremely important Anyway thats my theory.

Petty Officer
Feb 05, 2013
anecorbie on Aug 1, 2014 wrote:
Ooh, nice speculation! I've been assuming the Toymaker was somewhere accessible, but that really makes me think!
The toymaker is accessible, he lives in Valencia. He holds a HUGE secret, u will find out at lvl 65.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Daring Destiny Dov... on Aug 4, 2014 wrote:
The toymaker is accessible, he lives in Valencia. He holds a HUGE secret, u will find out at lvl 65.
Thank you, Daring Destiny, I know that I sometimes like others speculations, especially those that make you think!

Ensign
Jul 16, 2013
I think the armada wants to find el dorado and then take the gold and secrets there so the can get the pirates to stop hunting for and loose our pirate purpose.

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
Somehow, judging from other "great treasures" found, I'd say that if the Armada is seeking that great power, they are barking up the wrong tree. Captain Gunn's treasure? Most of it lost in the volcano. Marco Pollo's treasure? A ship. A ship that, frankly, is underpowered as soon as you get to Mooshu.

It seems every great treasure we are sent after is not much at all, or is something else.

The great power found in El Dorado can't be that great and dangerous, or Marco Pollo would have burned the map, not torn it into six pieces and given it to his companions.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Max DeGroot on Aug 12, 2014 wrote:
Somehow, judging from other "great treasures" found, I'd say that if the Armada is seeking that great power, they are barking up the wrong tree. Captain Gunn's treasure? Most of it lost in the volcano. Marco Pollo's treasure? A ship. A ship that, frankly, is underpowered as soon as you get to Mooshu.

It seems every great treasure we are sent after is not much at all, or is something else.

The great power found in El Dorado can't be that great and dangerous, or Marco Pollo would have burned the map, not torn it into six pieces and given it to his companions.
Marco Pollo's true treasure was Clark's piece of the map ( and I did just fine with that 'underpowered' skiff! )