Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Idea for a post on the Kingsisle Blog.

AuthorMessage
Captain
Dec 01, 2012
Hi everyone,
A while ago,Trimond297 pitched this idea to Blind Mew,and he gave him a brief answer but said it would be an amazing idea.

First,though,I LOVE puppet shows.I really love puppet shows.One Eyed Jack,knows I made my own puppet show,I just love love love puppet shows.

And I think we should indeed get a post on the Kingsisle Blog,about the making of puppet shows.

So,I took the idea to Donkey Hotay,I contacted him,saying,as part of a long yammer about stuff like Cthulu and flying fish(not two things that usually team up):

''It was suggested at one point that the making of puppet shows be on the Kingsisle Blogs,and I just wanted to reemphasize this idea.But again,not your call.But it would be great to see.''

His reply was,at least to this matter:
''I would be happy to make a video/write a post/whatever detailing how the shows are made but nobody has approached me in the company! I did not know there was a large interest or that it was even requested.''

I said I'd reemphasize the idea on the message boards and about three weeks later,here I am!(Man,I'm a procrastinator...)

Now,hypothetically,One Eyed Jack,if other message board marauders,as representatives of this AMAZING community would like this to happen...would you guys consider making this.

Firstly,though,I would like to thank Donkey Hotay and Blind Mew(not sure if either of you are reading this),for their support,Trimond297(not sure if you're reading this either) for the idea,as well as anyone else in the community who likes,and enjoys puppet show(which is nearly everybody) and wants to see this happen.

Either my ideas will go forth into the world and materialize,or this thread will remain here,static and unchanged from disinterest.But I would like for this to happen,so,One Eyed Jack,Mew,Donkey Hotay,and anyone else who may be responsible for the Kingsisile Blog

Thank you!And Blessings and Giggles on you all.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
The Hoodoo Master on Jul 24, 2014 wrote:
Hi everyone,
A while ago,Trimond297 pitched this idea to Blind Mew,and he gave him a brief answer but said it would be an amazing idea.

First,though,I LOVE puppet shows.I really love puppet shows.One Eyed Jack,knows I made my own puppet show,I just love love love puppet shows.

And I think we should indeed get a post on the Kingsisle Blog,about the making of puppet shows.

So,I took the idea to Donkey Hotay,I contacted him,saying,as part of a long yammer about stuff like Cthulu and flying fish(not two things that usually team up):

''It was suggested at one point that the making of puppet shows be on the Kingsisle Blogs,and I just wanted to reemphasize this idea.But again,not your call.But it would be great to see.''

His reply was,at least to this matter:
''I would be happy to make a video/write a post/whatever detailing how the shows are made but nobody has approached me in the company! I did not know there was a large interest or that it was even requested.''

I said I'd reemphasize the idea on the message boards and about three weeks later,here I am!(Man,I'm a procrastinator...)

Now,hypothetically,One Eyed Jack,if other message board marauders,as representatives of this AMAZING community would like this to happen...would you guys consider making this.

Firstly,though,I would like to thank Donkey Hotay and Blind Mew(not sure if either of you are reading this),for their support,Trimond297(not sure if you're reading this either) for the idea,as well as anyone else in the community who likes,and enjoys puppet show(which is nearly everybody) and wants to see this happen.

Either my ideas will go forth into the world and materialize,or this thread will remain here,static and unchanged from disinterest.But I would like for this to happen,so,One Eyed Jack,Mew,Donkey Hotay,and anyone else who may be responsible for the Kingsisile Blog

Thank you!And Blessings and Giggles on you all.
I think a post about the puppet shows would be GREAT. They are so fun to watch and generally crack me up. I still giggle at the playful jabs at our Wizzy friends in their Pet Pavilion. I would very eagerly read a post about what goes into making them and being able to support such amazing art.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
I also would love to see puppet shows featured on the KI blog. Besides being witty, comical, and informative, I especially love the historical nod to the real puppet shows and toy theaters popular in the real Age of Pirates. In fact, it was that feeling of 18th C.-ness (if that is a word) shown in the very first puppet show that defines our characters that became one of the key elements that caught my imagination and really drew me into wanting to play the game.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Count me in Felix! I just gotta have more puppet show! I would definitely enjoy a KI blog about puppet shows and it would be fascinating to see what goes in to making them come to life. Donkey Hotay sure deserves at least a small share of the spot light and us pirates surely would love to see it happen. Great idea and I hope that the notion of the puppet show blog becomes a reality some day!

Captain
Jul 16, 2014
Ahoy!

Thanks for all of your interest in learning more about puppet shows. The puppet show lead artist and animator Robert Lovelett (aka Donkey Hotay) has written a little something on our blog for you to read! Enjoy.

http://kingsisleblog.com/2014/08/13/behind-the-scenes-of-pirate101-puppet-shows/

*Bonnie Anne, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Bonnie Anne on Aug 13, 2014 wrote:
Ahoy!

Thanks for all of your interest in learning more about puppet shows. The puppet show lead artist and animator Robert Lovelett (aka Donkey Hotay) has written a little something on our blog for you to read! Enjoy.

http://kingsisleblog.com/2014/08/13/behind-the-scenes-of-pirate101-puppet-shows/
Wooo Hooo The power of the Message Board Marauders (and the wonderful listening and caring folks at KingsIsle) have done it again. Thank you SO much for thinking so much about what we think that you take such fine action. More proof about how KingsIsle really CARES about its players (and Marauders)

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Bonnie Anne on Aug 13, 2014 wrote:
Ahoy!

Well, I did ask Blind Mew how Puppet shows get made, and he did provide with a short version of that answer, so, maybe now that will let us know how these get made.

Why not also make a new blog post about how certain available Zones in the game, such as Traitor's Cave, for example, gets revised & expanded, along with a comparison between that Zone's old layout & the new layout? I would like to know how certain Zones get expanded like how Traitor's Cave did to accommodate the new paths to the new Zones from that Skull Island expansion update.