Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Speculations on the Spiral

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Other creatures from W101 making an appearance on our side of the Spiral include Riverclaws, known here as Lagoonies. I certainly believe we will see more of these fish-men. Has anyone here seen the 1950's Sci-Fi movie Creature from the Black Lagoon? They remind me of the Creature, somewhat.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
anecorbie on Jul 29, 2014 wrote:
I've been wondering if there is a connection between the Manders of Krokotopia and the Salamanders of Cool Ranch. It seems to me that they may have a distant ancestor in common. Although, psychologically speaking their behaviors are very different. Manders are "Quite shy by nature, you know.". They don't stand up for themselves and were easily oppressed by the Kroks. They have a small slight body, also. Salamanders are very different. Fighting them for the first time is quite a challenge. They are taller and robust compared to Manders.
I have been following this thread, honestly I have, I've just been rather distracted from pirates for a while for a very good reason. I love the ideas and conjectures that you have all been coming up with, perhaps this will all lead to a better understanding of the spiral. (and congrats on the award Anecorbie).

I would think that all similar species of the Spiral are related in some way. I like to consider the first world as a normal spherical world such as earth. The the first world would have lakes, ocean, different continents and different biomes spread across the world. So, when the first world was destroyed, I imagine that it broke into the pieces that now make up the worlds of the Spiral.

If this is true, then we can consider these new worlds to be like Earth's tectonic plates. So, worlds with similar biomes should be found near to each other in the spiral. Like, Celestia and Skull Island. But, this would also explain how similar species are found on different worlds throughout the spiral, with each species claiming to be from whatever world they currently live on.

Whatever ever plate the species were on when the First World was destroyed, is whatever world in the Spiral that species is found on now. As well, the differences between the species could also be explained by the concept of how Islands can affect species development. But I will leave that for another post.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 22, 2011
anecorbie on Aug 1, 2014 wrote:
Other creatures from W101 making an appearance on our side of the Spiral include Riverclaws, known here as Lagoonies. I certainly believe we will see more of these fish-men. Has anyone here seen the 1950's Sci-Fi movie Creature from the Black Lagoon? They remind me of the Creature, somewhat.
These are all from DarkMoore, another commonly mentioned world I'm pretty sure we'll be making a visit too. So get ready for lagoonys, sea monsters, and a visit to Celestia's dark side. Well, dark-er side.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 22, 2011
I just want to take a minute to think about something we constantly see, but for some reason very few of us mention: horses. We've seen them in Cool Ranch, Mooshu, and Valencia, not to mention the kind that you can ride. So that must mean that at some point, in the first world, there was a land purely of horses. But that land must have had the most tectonic movement, seeing as it soon split into three entire worlds, not to mention the W101 unicorns and horses we see. So perhaps this land of horses was near the axis' of this first world?

Petty Officer
Feb 05, 2013
MistyDragon13 on Jul 22, 2014 wrote:
Gah, this topic is giving me a headache. Let's put it all down to 'Spiral Logic', shall we?

Anyway, I'll try not to embarrass myself by posting this:

When we were debating the ages of Aquila and Wizard City, I'd like to point out from my experience in W101 that Merle Ambrose discovered Bartleby and built Ravenwood and Wizard City around him. I don't know a lot about Aquila, but it could be possible that since Bartleby and Grandmother Raven sang the Spiral into existence, the Immortals were created along with Aquila.

And on the subject of Unicorns, the Valencian Unicorns are different from Summoned Unicorns. The Summoned Unicorns (as seen in the Myth School quest and the Life School spell) are more like spirits and the essence of Life. They have the power to heal, and are associated with the School of Life and magic. Valencian Unicorns came from the Pirate part of the Spiral, and I remember reading somewhere that Diego the Duelmaster came from Valencia. These Unicorns, as we know, stand on their hind legs and are scholars and fencers. They don't have that fairy-princess feel to them, and are more intelligent than wise. Summoned Unicorns seem to be much older than Valencian Unicorns, and obviously have a deep knowledge of the magical arts seeing as they know words of power.

For Unicorn horns, are we speaking of the Death School starter wand? It appears to be an Alicorn, and could have been cut from a Unicorn. The last book of the Fablehaven series by Brandon Mull features a character who is in fact a unicorn. His horn was taken from him, so he could only do limited magic. This could prove the link between a Unicorn's horn and its magic even though it has nothing to do with W101 or P101.
There are actually 2 spirals. The realm of wizards, and the realm of pirates. Of course, you would still be able to travel to one another. Anyway, the realm of pirates is much different than its equivalent, the realm of wizards. Bartlebey and Grand Mother Raven sang the spiral of wizards into existence. Then, in the seemingly endless void beyond that, the immortals were born! They created the mighty realm of Aquila, and a entire new spiral revolving around it. Not to far from Aquila, The Great Dog was born! He created the land of Marleybone and the dogs and cats within it. Not far from that, the mighty creator was born, creating mooshu and the farm animals within it. Not far from THERE ( i know your getting bored) Thunder Bird created the totem spirits, and made the mighty realm of cool ranch! She later decided her mighty bison and others must travel to each others realms, therefore creating the "stormgate" as she mentions it is her winds that blow us between worlds. And all around that spiral, more worlds were popping up! That is my theory anyway.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Daring Destiny Dov... on Aug 5, 2014 wrote:
There are actually 2 spirals. The realm of wizards, and the realm of pirates. Of course, you would still be able to travel to one another. Anyway, the realm of pirates is much different than its equivalent, the realm of wizards. Bartlebey and Grand Mother Raven sang the spiral of wizards into existence. Then, in the seemingly endless void beyond that, the immortals were born! They created the mighty realm of Aquila, and a entire new spiral revolving around it. Not to far from Aquila, The Great Dog was born! He created the land of Marleybone and the dogs and cats within it. Not far from that, the mighty creator was born, creating mooshu and the farm animals within it. Not far from THERE ( i know your getting bored) Thunder Bird created the totem spirits, and made the mighty realm of cool ranch! She later decided her mighty bison and others must travel to each others realms, therefore creating the "stormgate" as she mentions it is her winds that blow us between worlds. And all around that spiral, more worlds were popping up! That is my theory anyway.
That is a very interesting concept, two similar parallel and connected spirals. Very creative thinking Destiny.

I, however will continue to follow the ideal of Parsimony, or that the best hypothesis is on the one that explains the most, while being the least complex.

So, I will say that there is only one Spiral, sung into existence by Bartleby and Grandmother Raven. With this idea, the Aquilan Gods, Cool Ranch Spirits, Titans, and other such other worldly beings are all left over from the First World. Now, each being or set of beings would naturally determine that they are the most powerful, and therefore must be the creator of at least some part of the spiral.

The influence of the Aquilan Gods, and the Spirit Beings of Cool Ranch clearly do have quite some influence withing their worlds, but I'm not sure if their influence is very strong outside of their respective domains. So, while Thunder Bird, Brother Wolf, Sister Snake, and such would have great influence in Cool Ranch, I doubt that they have much real impact in Skull Island, or Marleybone, or Mooshu. And, no matter what these elder beings say, I doubt they actually have the power to create their own worlds or spirals.

Petty Officer
Aug 27, 2010
Theory: So, in Wizard101, the whole idea of combat magic is summoning images and representations of magical creatures, including the Titans and other god-like figures, such as the Aztecan Ice Lord(?). So, what if the deities of the Spiral (the Totem Spirits in Cool Ranch, Marleybonnia in Marleybone, the Holy Simian in Monquista, and the Moodha in Mooshu(along with all the other spirits)) are just spells from long ago mages which suite the worlds culture, but over time, due to the continuous summoning of them, have become independent and fully fledged beings?

Also, since there's a church in Santo Pollo, the chickens/horses must have a deity of their own. Anyone have any ideas concerning that deities name?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
MarleybonePatriot on Aug 10, 2014 wrote:
Theory: So, in Wizard101, the whole idea of combat magic is summoning images and representations of magical creatures, including the Titans and other god-like figures, such as the Aztecan Ice Lord(?). So, what if the deities of the Spiral (the Totem Spirits in Cool Ranch, Marleybonnia in Marleybone, the Holy Simian in Monquista, and the Moodha in Mooshu(along with all the other spirits)) are just spells from long ago mages which suite the worlds culture, but over time, due to the continuous summoning of them, have become independent and fully fledged beings?

Also, since there's a church in Santo Pollo, the chickens/horses must have a deity of their own. Anyone have any ideas concerning that deities name?
Santo Pollo is Spanish for Holy Chicken. draw your own conclusions.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
MarleybonePatriot on Aug 10, 2014 wrote:

Ooh, I like that idea MarleybonePatriot.
The spirit beings like Thunderbird and Sister Snake are really super powerful, self aware spells gone awry?
Although I'm not sure if that applies to the Aquilan Gods. But, please do post more on the this idea if you can, it's really interesting.