Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

theory. kane is a lie?

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Jul 08, 2013
i was talking with a friend one day and we talked about how the armada elites were like chess pieces BUT if queen is a armada elite and queen is the strongest chess piece there so what if kane is just a rumor to scare everybody what if queen is behind this?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
warrior021u on Jul 17, 2014 wrote:
i was talking with a friend one day and we talked about how the armada elites were like chess pieces BUT if queen is a armada elite and queen is the strongest chess piece there so what if kane is just a rumor to scare everybody what if queen is behind this?
Your speculation is very interesting. But I've come up with an alternative hypothesis - The Lady Elite ( I call her Dame ) is actually the Knight piece on the chessboard. Kane is the chessmaster and he's playing the 'long game'. But why can't he be both the King and Queen? The most powerful piece and the most important piece in one?

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
Kane could very well be a lie. However, knowing how things are going and how things are being laid out for us as the hunt for the City of Gold gets more intense, Kane is MOST LIKELY real, but there is still a SMALL chance he could be fake. If he is fake, it would mean that Queen is the real brains behind the operation......or both of them could be fake. What if PHULE is the head of Armada operations? Think of it. He looks like nothing more than a glorified joker, but sometimes, our enemies are in plain sight, and who better to be the head of the Armada than Phule, the Elite we least expect to be important.

Petty Officer
Apr 21, 2012
warrior021u on Jul 17, 2014 wrote:
The Chess analogy isn't perfect, as Mew himself stated. After all, what are Phule and Deacon then? I wouldn't read too much into an imperfect analogy.

Captain
Oct 15, 2012
i dislike this theory,everyone says it every so often,it's not that great.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
wraithcaster on Jul 17, 2014 wrote:
The Chess analogy isn't perfect, as Mew himself stated. After all, what are Phule and Deacon then? I wouldn't read too much into an imperfect analogy.
Did you know there is a form of chess called Jester Chess? It's played on a 10 x 10 board with an extra piece called a jester! There's your Phule ( fool = jester ).

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
I would tend most to agree with 'wraithcaster' on this one. Given the data we have, we know that:

(a) Kane is the first of the Armada

(b) the Elites were created by Kane

(c) the Elites -- that we have met -- seem to vie with one another... for Kane's favor perhaps?

This seems to indicate -at the moment, with the information we have so far- that the Elites are a more-or-less equal circle of advisors to Kane. So if this hypothesis holds true, Deacon, Rooke, Bishop, Phule, and the Lady each have no inherent status greater than the others, and that they compete with each other for the opportunity, perhaps, to be Kane's right-hand Clockwork. It would probably be the best strategy for Kane. Thus the Lady would not be necessarily 'Queen', the most powerful chess piece. I would also doubt that Kane would make a minion that could perhaps in the end overset him. (Cronus overthrows Saturn, then Zeus overthrows Cronus...)

Of course, it may be that Kane does not intentionally make a minion that is more powerful than him. We haven't met the Lady, and we haven't met Phule in his real element. Perhaps the Lady is really that powerful. And if I were her, I'd hide it. But that is speculation more wild than logical.