Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Funny/Ironic Names

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
May 12, 2012
Ensign
Nov 17, 2012
Lieutenant
Nov 05, 2011
MistyDragon13 on Jul 7, 2014 wrote:
Hello, my fellow Pirates! *Hands out yum and cake*

Well, the title says it all. Have you seen any Pirates with funny or ironic names out in the Spiral? Some of the ones I've seen or made up are:

Hannah Abbott (Harry Potter character)
Lily Evans (Harry Potter's mom)
Ulysses Grant
Martin Freeman (plays the character of Bilbo Baggins in the Hobbit)
Tim Burton
Charlotte Webb
Tiny Tim
Morgan Freeman
Honest Abe
Chris Cringle
Sam Underhill
Charlie Gordon (Flowers for Algernon)
Daniel Radcliffe
Holly Webb (author)

What are some that you've seen?
I've read flowers for Algernon, but I only got half way through the book.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2015
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Pirate101 fan on Feb 8, 2017 wrote:
I saw a luke skywalker once, he wasn't a jedi
That name only occurs in W101. You only saw one? Lol, I've seen hundreds ( not all at once, of course. )

Ensign
Dec 18, 2010
Back when I was in Cool Ranch, I saw a bison ship called Red Bull.

Ensign
Jan 30, 2017
I don't know how no one has seen this but (excuse me if someone else had said this before) Bonnie Anne is the name of a famous pirate (named anne bonny) backwards... and the commodores name means commodore,
the name of captain Ahab from Jonah town is the name of the captain of the whailing ship in Moby Dick, Subodai the name of the first companion for the buckler is the name of the Uriankhai military general (his name was actually Subutai), all of the magnificent seven characters were based off of real people from the west and Manny, Moe, and Jack are the mascots for a automobile supply company.

-Alejandro DeClark

Ensign
Jan 30, 2017
cakesauce360 on May 11, 2015 wrote:
I'm pretty sure Bonnie Anne's name is based off of a real pirate who was named Anne Bonny
I'm sorry i didnt see your comment came first

Lieutenant
Nov 05, 2011
anecorbie on Jul 20, 2014 wrote:
I have a golden scorpion ( tribal pack ) pet called Tiny Cuddles
I've had 3 pets named tiny cuddles which two of them I got from wrangling, and the other is the ostrich you get when you do the Bestia quest to gain access there.

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
Oh, i like this, Haha! i have seen Morgan Freeman and Michael Jackson.lol

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Some more possible names for pirates ( just for girls, this time ):
Betty ( Bette ) Davis: American actress
Jackie Collins: English novelist
Mary Stewart, Queen of Scots ( She used the French version -- Stuart )
Helen Keeler ( This is very close to Keller, so for those who want to honor this American, you can use this. )
Bridget Jones ( fictional character from Bridget Jones' Diary. )
Harriet Vane ( fictional character from the Lord Peter Whimsey mysteries by Dorothy Sayers. )

Ensign
Jun 05, 2013
Blind Mew on Jul 8, 2014 wrote:
I'm a sucker for Dave Bowman, myself. Now if he'd just stop griping about the pod bay doors...
Blame Hal for that one. T_T

Gunner's Mate
May 08, 2010
this isn't a character name, but one night at about 2 am, I was with a friend farming ships in haunted skyway, and I read the name, and oh my the name killed me.
"The Death's Deathly Head"
I didn't stop laughing for like 30 minutes

Gunner's Mate
May 08, 2010
I'd also like to respond with the mag 7, and the history behind
"Duck Holiday" - Doc Holiday, lawman who fought with Wyatt Earp, also based off a character mentioned in pirate101, Wyatt Chirp
"Bat Masteron" - I believe he was a famous lawman, can't be too certain today
"Billy the Kidd" - famous outlaw known for breaking out of two jails, very uncertain if Pat Garret (I believe) shot him.
"Wild Bill Hickok" - Folk Hero, and Lawman, Was shot playing cards in 1876, his hand is what Captain Blood's hand is in pirate101, known as "Dead man's Hand"
"Calamity Jane" - Scout, and frontier women, married Bill Hickok as well
"Buffalo Bill" - Famous Buffalo Hunter, also a showman.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
witchdoctor of awe... on Mar 6, 2017 wrote:
I'd also like to respond with the mag 7, and the history behind
"Duck Holiday" - Doc Holiday, lawman who fought with Wyatt Earp, also based off a character mentioned in pirate101, Wyatt Chirp
"Bat Masteron" - I believe he was a famous lawman, can't be too certain today
"Billy the Kidd" - famous outlaw known for breaking out of two jails, very uncertain if Pat Garret (I believe) shot him.
"Wild Bill Hickok" - Folk Hero, and Lawman, Was shot playing cards in 1876, his hand is what Captain Blood's hand is in pirate101, known as "Dead man's Hand"
"Calamity Jane" - Scout, and frontier women, married Bill Hickok as well
"Buffalo Bill" - Famous Buffalo Hunter, also a showman.
"Bat" Masterson was a friend to the Earps, was well known as a gunman and got his nickname by using a cane on a couple of rowdies, instead of a gun. Ended his life as a sports journalist for a newspaper.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
anecorbie on Mar 2, 2017 wrote:
Some more possible names for pirates ( just for girls, this time ):
Betty ( Bette ) Davis: American actress
Jackie Collins: English novelist
Mary Stewart, Queen of Scots ( She used the French version -- Stuart )
Helen Keeler ( This is very close to Keller, so for those who want to honor this American, you can use this. )
Bridget Jones ( fictional character from Bridget Jones' Diary. )
Harriet Vane ( fictional character from the Lord Peter Whimsey mysteries by Dorothy Sayers. )
I've finally seen a "Bridget Jones"!

Ensign
Jun 09, 2016
Oh boy, I like this one: "Wicked Morgan Freeman", a name I was contemplating whether or not should be my new witchdoctor name (triple reference!). 'Wicked' refers to the wicked weaves of the fictional witch Bayonetta (who is, believe it or not, a Nintendo character now that such a company shares the franchise with Sega), 'Morgan' a reference to Morgan Le Fay the witch of Camelot, and I sincerely hope you don't need me to explain 'Morgan Freeman' to you.

Lieutenant
Oct 18, 2014
Hardy Quinn.

He wears red and black...

toopunnyforme

Hardy Quinn
Brought To You By Dumb Pun Studios!

Gunner's Mate
May 02, 2009
Captain
Apr 24, 2016
(some of these's aren't from pirate101, but wizard101)
-adam davenport- character from lab rats
-leo davenport- character from the Disney tv show lab rats
-chase davenport- another character from lab rats
-donna noble- the tenth doctor's companion in the whole 4th revived season
-tyler rose- tyler rose=rose tyler. rose tyler was the tenth and ninth doctor's companions until the episode "doomsday" of the second season. (I seriously know this stuff! don't judge)
-amy pond- the eleventh doctor's 1th companion.
I will list more if I find more!

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jul 10, 2014 wrote:
A couple more that I thought were interesting.

- Short Martin (Actor Martin Short- makes me want to watch Innerspace, Pure Luck and The Three Amigos)
- Henri Higgins (character from My Fair Lady- actually Henry, I think)

And I thought these were kind of funny as well

- Black Blake Blake
- Earnest Ernest
To be honest, Henry Higgins is also a character from Fringe, the TV show.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
I once saw a Scarlet Johansson (like Scarlett Johansson)!

Captain
Apr 24, 2016
I feel like "john smith" should be possible, and if its not already, "Martha jones" as well. if they were, I would make a boy character named john smith, and a girl named Martha jones. get it? smith and jones? like the doctor who episode? I know jones and john are possible, but not smith, I haven't seen any pirates named Martha, so I don't think that's possible. and I make them both witch doctors or something.

Captain
Apr 24, 2016
thedragonpirate245... on Aug 8, 2017 wrote:
I feel like "john smith" should be possible, and if its not already, "Martha jones" as well. if they were, I would make a boy character named john smith, and a girl named Martha jones. get it? smith and jones? like the doctor who episode? I know jones and john are possible, but not smith, I haven't seen any pirates named Martha, so I don't think that's possible. and I make them both witch doctors or something.
anyone else agree with me?

Captain
Apr 24, 2016
I have a "ghost of days to come" named Minnie....

I also got a fish named kane, he's got a gold color on his face, like his mask......

harriet jones

Bradley paisley, a country music star. (actually the music star's name is brad paisley)

Ian groot. lol

I saw a fox radical named david tennant in the isle of dogs sewer. guess where that name is from.

I have a friend named Edward teach.....

I also have a pirate named fiery john Atherton, not ironic. Atherton sounds funny. I just call him johnny for short.

also if its not already possible, susan foreman!