Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Funny/Ironic Names

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Nov 11, 2012
Ensign
Aug 09, 2013
I use Edward Heath, who was Prime Minister of the United Kingdom (1970 - 1974).

Edward Heath - Privateer - Level 15
Black Scott Kent - Privateer - Level 18

Petty Officer
Aug 30, 2014
MistyDragon13 on Jul 7, 2014 wrote:
Hello, my fellow Pirates! *Hands out yum and cake*

Well, the title says it all. Have you seen any Pirates with funny or ironic names out in the Spiral? Some of the ones I've seen or made up are:

Hannah Abbott (Harry Potter character)
Lily Evans (Harry Potter's mom)
Ulysses Grant
Martin Freeman (plays the character of Bilbo Baggins in the Hobbit)
Tim Burton
Charlotte Webb
Tiny Tim
Morgan Freeman
Honest Abe
Chris Cringle
Sam Underhill
Charlie Gordon (Flowers for Algernon)
Daniel Radcliffe
Holly Webb (author)

What are some that you've seen?
Bloody Mary (the myth/legend)

Ensign
Jan 19, 2014
First Mate
Oct 15, 2012
Ensign
Jan 12, 2011
First Mate
Oct 15, 2012
MistyDragon13 on Jul 8, 2014 wrote:
Huh, before this I'd never heard of Ann Radcliffe. Guess I need to go research some authors...and actors...and athletes...and scientists...and everyone else...

I only did the ones I could think of off the top of my head, and by the time that I remembered Edward Teach, the 'edit' button had disappeared.

Thanks to all who replied! That was a really great list, Valkoor!

Now I'm gonna go search through the name lists again to find some more!
Yeah same here.....
I told ya video games do have benefits!

First Mate
Oct 15, 2012
elitedemon5 on Oct 27, 2014 wrote:
i have a character named black adam dc universe villian
Really?
I have a character named Black Adam not because of the dc universe villain, but because of Blake and Adam from Rwby.
I watch too much Madoka Magica and Rwby. I think I have a problem.

Ensign
Jun 17, 2012
I'm pretty sure Bonnie Anne's name is based off of a real pirate who was named Anne Bonny

Ensign
Jun 17, 2012
Ensign
Jan 19, 2014
MistyDragon13 on Jul 12, 2014 wrote:
Haha, I have a T-shirt that says 'Department of Redundancy Department'.

Okay, I have a story to tell about my funny ship name.

So, I had just defeated Deacon, and I ran over to collect my MooShu skiff, right? I press 'x' and the box pops up on the right side of the screen. It says, "You commandeered HAPPY RAINBOW" and I was thinking:

1. Are you kidding me? Happy Rainbow?!? I am not flying around in a ship named Happy Rainbow.

2. LOL this is soooo funny!! I wonder what people will say if they saw this!! Maybe I should keep it as Happy Rainbow!

3. No. This name will be changed. I don't care how much it costs.

So, yeah. I did not fly out of Motherlode Mine with a MooShu Skiff, I flew out of there on a Bison Galleon. And then I went straight to Skull Island to rename my skiff Imperial Dragon.
lol the first time i read this (I didnt have access to the message boards at the time) i had just had gotten a mooshu galleon about an hour before with the same name!

Commodore
May 31, 2009
autrison12 on May 13, 2015 wrote:
lol the first time i read this (I didnt have access to the message boards at the time) i had just had gotten a mooshu galleon about an hour before with the same name!
How's that for coincidence, eh?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Billy Kidd, a combination of William Kidd, famous pirate, and Billy the Kid ( he even dressed in Cool Ranch clothes. )

Ensign
May 31, 2014
MistyDragon13 on Jul 7, 2014 wrote:
Hello, my fellow Pirates! *Hands out yum and cake*

Well, the title says it all. Have you seen any Pirates with funny or ironic names out in the Spiral? Some of the ones I've seen or made up are:

Hannah Abbott (Harry Potter character)
Lily Evans (Harry Potter's mom)
Ulysses Grant
Martin Freeman (plays the character of Bilbo Baggins in the Hobbit)
Tim Burton
Charlotte Webb
Tiny Tim
Morgan Freeman
Honest Abe
Chris Cringle
Sam Underhill
Charlie Gordon (Flowers for Algernon)
Daniel Radcliffe
Holly Webb (author)

What are some that you've seen?
Edward Teach (Blackbeard)

Ensign
Jan 19, 2014
MistyDragon13 on May 13, 2015 wrote:
How's that for coincidence, eh?
I know, right?

Petty Officer
Sep 26, 2011
One-Eyed Jack on Jul 10, 2014 wrote:
Tom Jones! With a name like that, it's not unusual to be loved by anyone.
Ha Ha! Jack you're a riot

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
This a bit of a story, so bear with me. It began in the Tower where I noticed a pirate with the name of Catherine Reade. This name sounded familiar to me, but I couldn't remember just where. Virtuous Dante Ramsey was on line, and knowing he has an interest in things historical, I decided to ask him if he had heard of Catherine Reade.
He hadn't. I then suggested that the name might be literary: we began guessing everything from Jane Austin to the Brontes, to Dickens, but with no luck.
So after that run, I went to the internet and found Catherine Read ( no e ) a Scottish portrait painter of the 1700s
( 1723 - 1778 ), apparently famous and well thought of during her time.
I'm not saying that player named herself after this Catherine, but its a possibility.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Ok, so this 'funny' name belongs to one of my pets...and may not ring a bell with some of the younger players. But I have a pet named Miss Daisy and I sure would like to start a new pirate, name him Morgan Freeman (since it is an option, after all) and equip my pet Miss Daisy. Now if KI would only get us an automobile mount that our pets could ride in with us, I would be Driving Miss Daisy-- now, that..would...be....hysterical! Well, at least to me! (I have a sneaky suspicion that being able to create those two names is surely no coincidence!)

Tandy is dandy!

* I also have a Clownfish appropriately named Giggles, which makes me chuckle too.

Ensign
Oct 18, 2014
In the crown shop (I'm not sure when he's unlocked, but I have unlocked him), there's a chicken named Monterey Jack, like the cheese XD

Gunner's Mate
Apr 01, 2013
This is an assortment of very awkward names I have found on my voyages:

"Underhill" (Just put a Mr. in front of it.)
"Scarlet Johansson"
"Adam West"
"Ian Groot" (Say it out loud.)
"Austin Moone" (From Wizard101 and returning in Pirate)
"Able Edward"
"James Carter"
"Golden Fred" (Please no...)

I will post more later.

Boucan do it!

Ensign
Dec 28, 2014
My character's name is TwoFaced Megan Sound
Familiar? By MeghanTranior In the song lips are
Movin she says Your So two faced Lol so I had to be

Ensign
Oct 18, 2014
In Monquista, one of the royal ships has a captain by the name of "Jorge Curioso" (sorry if I spelled it wrong). I found that hilarious!
Dead-Eye Destiny- lvl 47

Ensign
Oct 18, 2014
One of the Skull Island Quests, Marquis Mark & the Funky Bunch, is named after a band called "Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch"

Dead-Eye Destiny

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
serbekah123 on Aug 13, 2015 wrote:
In Monquista, one of the royal ships has a captain by the name of "Jorge Curioso" (sorry if I spelled it wrong). I found that hilarious!
Dead-Eye Destiny- lvl 47
And did you also note that the name of his ship is El Sombrero Amarillo? For those you don't speak Spanish the boss' name translates as : Curious George; and the ship is The Yellow Hat.

Lieutenant
Aug 19, 2011
Anne Frank
Black Jack (like the card game)
Noble Stede (noble steed)