Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Funny/Ironic Names

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
435Snow Owl on Jul 21, 2014 wrote:
I've also seen a Taylor Swiftstalker. That cracked me up for a good 10 minutes.

I wonder what Bonnie Anne's last name could be... I bet 1,000 gold pieces it's Clyde. Get it? Bonnie Anne Clyde?
Actually it's Fox, Her brother is Guy Fox ( he plans to blow up the Isle of Dog's docks ) His name is an easter egg referring to the Gunpowder Plot ( to blow up the House of Parliament ) The ringleader's name was Guy Fawkes.

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2012
anecorbie on Jul 21, 2014 wrote:
Actually it's Fox, Her brother is Guy Fox ( he plans to blow up the Isle of Dog's docks ) His name is an easter egg referring to the Gunpowder Plot ( to blow up the House of Parliament ) The ringleader's name was Guy Fawkes.
Yeah I know, it's just that a while ago I looked up "punny names" and when I found that... "Haha... that'd be great!"

Gunner's Mate
May 28, 2013
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jul 17, 2014 wrote:
Thanks Misty, I sure hope you aren't the suing type- almost tossing you from a chair and now the whole exploding head thing and all. Nice save dear Bonnie lass!

Prince Fluffy is pretty funny too (I'm sure he has a complex) and believe me when I say I have at least some 100+ pets and at least half of them cause me to laugh every time I see their names. Just from memory some of the other ones I thought were funny are Scrappy Sniffles, King Daisy, Miss Stinker, Miss Bruno, Captain Pepper (reminds me of The Beatles), a Lil' Labor Golem named Sneaky Dancer, and an Ebon Spectre named Cuddles.

Nice one on the funny nods to Jack Sparrow- Finch/Nightingale, LOL. KI you've done it yet again. I had posted a somewhat funny little 'story' where Ratbeard referenced a Captain Jack Swallow and the Pirates of the Scarabeing in a thread a while back. But I never noticed or paid any mind to Finch and Nightingale.

Actually, that thread is one in somewhat of a sequence of threads where the great and super funny Sam Underhill and I have a bit of fun in the Spiral with the our Captains and crews.

If you aren't too familiar with Sam Underhill, he is quite a witty, funny and brilliant writer. And he had a clever way of "crashing" a thread with some of his funny and intelligent antics. This is a bit off topic, but I thought you might enjoy the shenanigans. Unfortunately I never finished off with the last thread.

I think this is the order they go in, if you are interested. It's a bit to read but hope you enjoy it!

Congrats Valkoor Gunners Mate Rank!
Congrats Valkoor Lieutenant Rank!
Congratulations to Golden Guardian's- gunner's mate!
Valkoor is first mate!!!
Valkoor 1,000 yar!
Well, here I am blushing! Thank you for the references (your check is in the mail Valkoor). Alas, Bob Saves the Cake ends with part four. More works are in the works so to speak, and should One-eyed Jack finds them fit to print... who knows what the future may hold.

But anyway, I'm sure those wonderful Cool Ranch names like Hoss Cartwright and Clint Eastwood have already been mentioned.

On a different ironic note, I have a pirate that has TWO companions both named Night Heart. Another pirate of mine has a companion named Two-gun Bart Canton - the irony is he uses knives.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
I've also seen a Taylor Swiftstalker. That cracked me up for a good 10 minutes.

I wonder what Bonnie Anne's last name could be... I bet 1,000 gold pieces it's Clyde. Get it? Bonnie Anne Clyde?
LOL Taylor Swiftstalker.

Bonnie Anne Clyde--I never would have thought of that! Great thinking on your part, Snow Owl! Some family friends of ours have two donkeys--the first one was named Clyde already, and they rescued another donkey and named it Bonnie.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
Sam Underhill on Jul 22, 2014 wrote:
Well, here I am blushing! Thank you for the references (your check is in the mail Valkoor). Alas, Bob Saves the Cake ends with part four. More works are in the works so to speak, and should One-eyed Jack finds them fit to print... who knows what the future may hold.

But anyway, I'm sure those wonderful Cool Ranch names like Hoss Cartwright and Clint Eastwood have already been mentioned.

On a different ironic note, I have a pirate that has TWO companions both named Night Heart. Another pirate of mine has a companion named Two-gun Bart Canton - the irony is he uses knives.
Noooo, it can't end!! *cries and rereads it* Ahem, anyways, I can't wait to see what else you cook up, Sam! I remember seeing this thread about Sarah Steele and El Toro a while back, and it cracked me up! I think you should expand on it because it would be HILARIOUS!

Wow, two Night Hearts? That must cause some argument when only one party invitation with the name Night Heart on it shows up in the mail!

When I got my Bison Galleon, I named it Stormy Sky since I thought it sounded neat. After that, I sped through Cool Ranch and didn't really care about side quests. When I went back to Cool Ranch because I was having some major trouble in MooShu, I picked up all of the side quests that I could and happened to recruit a Black Storm Raider named Stormy Sky. Fail on my part, I guess. I didn't even know that Bison existed until I recruited him! So now I have a bison and a ship named Stormy Sky.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
anecorbie on Jul 20, 2014 wrote:
I have a golden scorpion ( tribal pack ) pet called Tiny Cuddles
I recently hatched a Not so Great White Shark, and its name is Big Sniffles.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Sam Underhill on Jul 22, 2014 wrote:

Don't mention it Sam and you're welcome, payment is more than enough- just make sure to get the last name right....2 of my neighbor's share the same first name of Valkoor! And that's quite a shame about the end of Bob and his Cake. Is there perchance a Tart or Danish in grave need of rescuing...a Twinkie perhaps? Actually I think with what is inside a Twinkie, it could withstand just about anything!

Can't wait to read any of your future works, as I am sure they will be up to par or even better than your other past, wonderful offerings. I will keep a watchful eye out for them in Fan Fiction, that is a guarantee. I actually am hoping to submit a few of my own in the near future.

WHAT??? Did I hear you correctly (sorry, Ratbeard was snoring next to my ear- still off-key too)! Did you say that you have 2 companions that share the same name? I'm guessing that with the name Night Heart they are akin to the thunderous buffalo. If so, talk about Twison the Bison!

And what better way to surprise the enemy then to trick them into thinking you are using a completely different set of weapons, unless Bart's name is actually a reference to his vigorous workout routine and massive Biceps. I'll have to double check, but I actually think that my son has that same mustang companion on his pirate as well.

Nice "hearing" from you Sam!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Yeah I know, it's just that a while ago I looked up "punny names" and when I found that... "Haha... that'd be great!"
I'm ashamed to admit that I didn't catch your pun until much later, color me red!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jul 22, 2014 wrote:
Don't mention it Sam and you're welcome, payment is more than enough- just make sure to get the last name right....2 of my neighbor's share the same first name of Valkoor! And that's quite a shame about the end of Bob and his Cake. Is there perchance a Tart or Danish in grave need of rescuing...a Twinkie perhaps? Actually I think with what is inside a Twinkie, it could withstand just about anything!

Can't wait to read any of your future works, as I am sure they will be up to par or even better than your other past, wonderful offerings. I will keep a watchful eye out for them in Fan Fiction, that is a guarantee. I actually am hoping to submit a few of my own in the near future.

WHAT??? Did I hear you correctly (sorry, Ratbeard was snoring next to my ear- still off-key too)! Did you say that you have 2 companions that share the same name? I'm guessing that with the name Night Heart they are akin to the thunderous buffalo. If so, talk about Twison the Bison!

And what better way to surprise the enemy then to trick them into thinking you are using a completely different set of weapons, unless Bart's name is actually a reference to his vigorous workout routine and massive Biceps. I'll have to double check, but I actually think that my son has that same mustang companion on his pirate as well.

Nice "hearing" from you Sam!
Well, you're one to talk! I believe I never saw your lovely poem in Fan Fiction! Hmm, how about it, Valkoor?

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
anecorbie on Jul 23, 2014 wrote:
Well, you're one to talk! I believe I never saw your lovely poem in Fan Fiction! Hmm, how about it, Valkoor?
Alright you got me Esperanza and point well taken! Stay tuned!

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
MistyDragon13 on Jul 7, 2014 wrote:
Hello, my fellow Pirates! *Hands out yum and cake*

Well, the title says it all. Have you seen any Pirates with funny or ironic names out in the Spiral? Some of the ones I've seen or made up are:

Hannah Abbott (Harry Potter character)
Lily Evans (Harry Potter's mom)
Ulysses Grant
Martin Freeman (plays the character of Bilbo Baggins in the Hobbit)
Tim Burton
Charlotte Webb
Tiny Tim
Morgan Freeman
Honest Abe
Chris Cringle
Sam Underhill
Charlie Gordon (Flowers for Algernon)
Daniel Radcliffe
Holly Webb (author)

What are some that you've seen?
well i did just recently find out that there is some famous politician named robert spencer :D

Ensign
Jun 18, 2009
I have a Ulysses Grant--Union General and US president
Charles Xavier - Prof X from X men
Cole Younger Old west outlaw
Robert Blake--actor in TV show Berretta

Lieutenant
Jun 23, 2012
Has anyone else seen a character dressed all in black named Wesley? (A play on The Man In Black/Westlet from The Princess Bride.)

I also think people could create two characters named Tarloc and Noah and say that they're brothers. (Noahtak and Tarrlok are two brothers from the TV show Avatar: The Legend of Korra.)

Commodore
May 31, 2009
the wanderer on Jul 26, 2014 wrote:
I have a Ulysses Grant--Union General and US president
Charles Xavier - Prof X from X men
Cole Younger Old west outlaw
Robert Blake--actor in TV show Berretta
Oh wow, I didn't even think of Charles Xavier! That's a really good one!

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
anecorbie on Jul 11, 2014 wrote:
B.A. Barakas ( Mr. T ): the correct quote is: "I pity the fool..."
The A Team!
you got it but i found one and my all time favorite name one here, Tim burton. if you can guess who he is you have my ever lasting respect

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
TheDragonspyrePira... on Jul 27, 2014 wrote:
you got it but i found one and my all time favorite name one here, Tim burton. if you can guess who he is you have my ever lasting respect
Duh! One of my favorite producers and film writers of all time!

Commodore
May 31, 2009
anecorbie on Jul 27, 2014 wrote:
Duh! One of my favorite producers and film writers of all time!
His movies disturb me...*shivers*

Ensign
Oct 20, 2011
One time i was in a battle with another player, and his companion had the name "bob dillan," which was a clear reference to the famous classic singer Bob Dylan! I can't believe it that the developers put that name in for a companion, it was awesome!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I wish Ki was a bit more generous with girl's names. For example they have Cavendish, Thatcher and Mitchell available as last names, yet there is no Margaret to go with them This would have allowed a player to create 3 famous Margarets! Margaret Cavendish ( scientist and writer of the 17th century ) Margaret Thatcher ( British PM ) and Margaret Mitchell ( Gone with the Wind )
And as Nightingale is also available, why couldn't we have Florence? The closest you can get is Flora!

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
MistyDragon13 on Jul 28, 2014 wrote:
His movies disturb me...*shivers*
me to but i still watch them. nightmare before Christmas is my favorite one :) a tale of love, tragedy, and heroic actions make it one of my favorite movies of all time (plus it looks cool)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Well, I just saw a player with a name that struck a chord, Aleta!
I was a huge Prince Valiant fan and Aleta was the name of his wife.
So I did a search for the name and got a couple of other Aletas.
Aleta is the name of a character in Darren Shan's The Demonata.
There is even an Aleta Mitchell - American film, tv and theater actress.

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
Lieutenant
Jun 23, 2012
One of my family members wishes that KI had included the name Trudy for the girl's names and Snow in the last names. That way he could make Dashing Trudy Snow.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
Scarlet Freeman on Aug 1, 2014 wrote:
One of my family members wishes that KI had included the name Trudy for the girl's names and Snow in the last names. That way he could make Dashing Trudy Snow.
I didn't get that until I read it twice. That's just too punny! *groans* Why can't I make up stuff like that?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Scarlet Freeman on Aug 1, 2014 wrote:
Oh that is just beyond punnifically brilliant Well done. *Still giggling*