Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Real stuff in pirate101 Aquila edition

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
May 19, 2013
The debate is still in but for me Aquila is more based off of Rome even though they have Greek gods names but then I am not that far into it I haven't beat the hydra yet but I'm getting there
1. Tibirdious is actually Tiberius who was emporer of Rome he was a Caesar
2. Circus Maximus is a real arena ( i do realize that is in skull island but you get it)
3. Apollo ( said apoyyo ) is actually Apollo obviously.
4. Hawkules is Hercules
5. The oracle is a real thing used to of course tell the future and you really did have to give her an offering if you lived in that time
That's all I can think of if there's anything else please post.

Petty Officer
Aug 27, 2010
jesusfollower363 on Jul 4, 2014 wrote:
The debate is still in but for me Aquila is more based off of Rome even though they have Greek gods names but then I am not that far into it I haven't beat the hydra yet but I'm getting there
2. Circus Maximus is a real arena ( i do realize that is in skull island but you get it)
4. Hawkules is Hercules
5. The oracle is a real thing used to of course tell the future and you really did have to give her an offering if you lived in that time
So how does this prove your point, exactly?

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
jesusfollower363 on Jul 4, 2014 wrote:
4. Hawkules is Hercules
yea exept the real oracle could not really tell the future, its fake, but it would cool if yu could

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
fearless robert sp... on Jul 5, 2014 wrote:
yea exept the real oracle could not really tell the future, its fake, but it would cool if yu could
did you ever learn about the battle of the 300? the Spartan king went to her for a prediction for the future of the battle, she said he would die (in riddles) and he did. she could in fact tell the future dude.

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
the whole story was based off of the iliad and the odyssey by homer, currently reading for summer reading list.

Petty Officer
Apr 21, 2012
The Scylla, was based off a monster Odysseus (in Roman, Ulysses) encountered in the Odyssey, the monster actually devoured several of Odysseus' men.

We also encounter the Sirens, which were also in the Odyssey, their beautiful voice would compell sailors to run their ships on the islands rocky shores. Odysseus survived by ordering his men to stuff wax in their ears (like we did) while tying himself to the ship's mast to avoid running the ship aground.

In the end, we help Odysseus find his bow, a reference to the story when Odysseus' wife Penelope (yes, Penelope) couldn't hold the suitors back anymore so she held a contest. Whoever can string Odysseus' bow and shoot it through 12 axe handles would marry her and take the throne, only the newly returned Odysseus could string his great bow. He then proceeded to massacre all the suitors.

And the war at the beginning, based off the Trojan War in Homer's Illiad. The leader of the greek forces was Agememnon (Eagememnon), and two of his men were the mostly invincible warrior Achilles (Eagilles), who's only weakpoint was his heal. (Hence the phrase, Achille's Heal.) And also the most clever of the Greek heroes, Odysseus. The rest is pretty much what we did, except the mouse was a horse.

Petty Officer
Feb 05, 2013
Expert on greek myths comming through: Ahem:

1. Hawkules is both greek and roman. He is truly greek, called Heracles, but then was re-named Hercules by the romans. So he is greek. +1 Greek

2. Romans did NOT make offerings to the oracle of Delphi. The Greeks did. The Romans had someone called an
"Augur" who sacrificed animals to the gods to receive omens. +1 Greek

3. Circus Maximus is a real arena, a roman one i believe, but i think the Athena Parthenos Was there i can't remember. +1 Romans

4. The trojan war. We were on the Greek side. The ophidians were meant to be the Trojans. It was pretty much the same, except for the swap of names. Achilles Was Eagilles etc. etc, his only weakpoint was his heel because he bathed in the styx, blah blah. +1 Greeks

5. All the places in Aquila, are greek places, NOT, roman places. + 1 greeks

Results: Greeks: 4 Romans: 1

Petty Officer
Feb 05, 2013
TheDragonspyrePira... on Jul 8, 2014 wrote:
did you ever learn about the battle of the 300? the Spartan king went to her for a prediction for the future of the battle, she said he would die (in riddles) and he did. she could in fact tell the future dude.
The oracle of Delphi is given the gift by Apollo. Of course, she can tell the future. Greece was no immature place.