Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Good writers on the message boards

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Sep 09, 2010
Hi everyone take some raspberry yum and raspberry yum cake the good writers are highlander fox,valkoor the victorious,quick pearl,modest hank Ironside,death wizard Rachel dream song Rachel and Chrissy

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
krokotopia pirate on Jun 23, 2014 wrote:
Hi everyone take some raspberry yum and raspberry yum cake the good writers are highlander fox,valkoor the victorious,quick pearl,modest hank Ironside,death wizard Rachel dream song Rachel and Chrissy
Great idea, Thanks for the yummy yum and cake. I think many or all are good, Others I can think of are:Anne Radcliffe and Sam Underhill, CDE Winter, Anecorbie, Hoodoo Master, Kelsey Fireheart, Paige Moonshade, Calamity Pixieshade, Cunning Finnigan Sharp, Xiriganism, Golden Guardian, Just Add Bacon, Calamity Finch, Jack Morgan, Indigo Ring, Blind Mew, One-Eyed Jack, Frogfather, So many more are in my mind but I am gonna run out of space. This list could go on forever and I still would manage to leave someone out.

I just think all of you are awesome writers and I look forward to reading your thoughts every day.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
Ooh, thank you very much for the Yum. Best drink this while me crew's out on their various jobs...

Well, Chrissy has the most posts out of anyone on the message boards. Congrats to ye, Chrissy on all those yars! I read the boards before I got a membership and I was and am always impressed on how thoughtful and kind you are to everyone! You really make the message boards a wonderful place.

I honestly can't list everyone who's an amazing writer, since most everyone is! I have to say, though, those fan fictions are AMAZING!!

Bob the Musketeer Saves the Cake is one of my favorites along with On the Streets of Dogs, Hench (wo)man for Hire, The Toymaker, A Survivor's Word, and Anne Radcliffe's stories. These are so well written with vivid descriptions that I feel like I'm there along with the characters. I can't wait for the next installments! Hats off to the authors of these stories!

Well, me crew's returnin' so I best be off! Fair sailin' to ye!

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jun 24, 2014 wrote:
Great idea, Thanks for the yummy yum and cake. I think many or all are good, Others I can think of are:Anne Radcliffe and Sam Underhill, CDE Winter, Anecorbie, Hoodoo Master, Kelsey Fireheart, Paige Moonshade, Calamity Pixieshade, Cunning Finnigan Sharp, Xiriganism, Golden Guardian, Just Add Bacon, Calamity Finch, Jack Morgan, Indigo Ring, Blind Mew, One-Eyed Jack, Frogfather, So many more are in my mind but I am gonna run out of space. This list could go on forever and I still would manage to leave someone out.

I just think all of you are awesome writers and I look forward to reading your thoughts every day.
Sorry Chrissy,I'm not too comfortable with mind readers,you understand,right?

There are so many more.I tried to make a list,but I had to cut short.

Also,Valkoor's a good poet.Not sure if that counts.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I would add Sparticus32 ( Jack Nightingale ) to your list, Chrissy!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
anecorbie on Jun 25, 2014 wrote:
I would add Sparticus32 ( Jack Nightingale ) to your list, Chrissy!
Indeed you are right. Anyone not included in that list is not because they didn't belong, it is only due to my brain not giving up the information I asked for. I wish I had the ability to just list the Message Board Marauder "Anyone who posts" list and everyone there is a great writer in my book. Now the Fan Fiction pages; that's a whole nother level of awesomeness. Those guys truly rock.

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
Indeed! Thank you for the yummy yum, and i agree! The people on this list are the best message board writers there every was! You know why, because they are all funny,(valkoor) caring(chrissy),fun(all of them lol), so, the words that i have just spoken, proves that the people on this list are better message board writers then any of us could ever hope to be! Thank you, i have spoken.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Rebecca, you are as kind as can be to recognize all of the many gifted writers here on the boards. And I agree, there is definitely some brilliance peeking through those many well written posts. Who knew pirates were so creative and articulate? And when do they have the time to develop such literary prowess, what with all of the plunderin', swashbucklin', excapin' and hightailin' they do.

There are many great and welcomed "side effects" from life here on the boards: a much needed laugh or two, an escape through cleverly crafted storytelling, being swept away by a writer's imagination, reintroducing oneself to culture and history and so many more. I know that this is a company site, but it is also a Haven (and heaven) for all things wonderfully written.

I am not much of a writer compared to many others here on the board, but I do enjoy trying to create something to attempt to inspire thought or a giggle (most times it ends in a groan though). That's the great thing about expressing yourself here on the boards. You don't have to be the greatest or most amazing writer in the world, you just have to write from what moves or motivates you. There are always piratin' eyes and scurvy souls out there that are willing to appreciate and enjoy your offerings, no matter how meager you think they are. Whether I write anything impressive or not, writing here on the boards has sparked a much greater desire to open up and create through words and imagination, and that's always a good thing.

So, thank you to all of the brilliant and imaginative minds that share their works here on the boards!

*** Oh, and there's also a few other amazing writers that dwell here on the boards: a Mew, a Rat, a Rabbit, an Eagle, a Frog, a familiar Captain and many other KI staff. They surely provide inspiration to us all.

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
i just do funny puns

-jack nightgale lvl 65 buccaneer

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
MistyDragon13 on Jun 25, 2014 wrote:
Ooh, thank you very much for the Yum. Best drink this while me crew's out on their various jobs...

Well, Chrissy has the most posts out of anyone on the message boards. Congrats to ye, Chrissy on all those yars! I read the boards before I got a membership and I was and am always impressed on how thoughtful and kind you are to everyone! You really make the message boards a wonderful place.

I honestly can't list everyone who's an amazing writer, since most everyone is! I have to say, though, those fan fictions are AMAZING!!

Bob the Musketeer Saves the Cake is one of my favorites along with On the Streets of Dogs, Hench (wo)man for Hire, The Toymaker, A Survivor's Word, and Anne Radcliffe's stories. These are so well written with vivid descriptions that I feel like I'm there along with the characters. I can't wait for the next installments! Hats off to the authors of these stories!

Well, me crew's returnin' so I best be off! Fair sailin' to ye!
It gives me a great thrill that you included my 'Hench ( wo ) man for Hire' in your list! Like you, I enjoy everything Anne Radcliffe writes. I would like to recommend the 'Companion' short stories by Orlando Orleans; each story is told from the point of view of a companion, they're very good!

Bosun
Sep 09, 2010
  • And many more who's escapes from my mind

Petty Officer
Oct 11, 2012
Good idea and congrats to the winners, I enjoy writing in these message boards, until about a week ago I did not read the p101 boards any, but now I have found to enjoy it and I plan on making many posts here.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
TheDragonspyrePira... on Jun 25, 2014 wrote:
i just do funny puns

-jack nightgale lvl 65 buccaneer
Hey! don't discount a funny pun to lighten someone's day! Besides you do a lot more than puns, you have also given very helpful advise.

Bosun
Sep 09, 2010
Commodore
May 31, 2009
anecorbie on Jun 25, 2014 wrote:
It gives me a great thrill that you included my 'Hench ( wo ) man for Hire' in your list! Like you, I enjoy everything Anne Radcliffe writes. I would like to recommend the 'Companion' short stories by Orlando Orleans; each story is told from the point of view of a companion, they're very good!
You're welcome, anecorbie! I really like Hench (wo)man for Hire, and it made me delete and restart my own fanfiction so that I could start from scratch and make it more mature-sounding! I read a lot of Pirate101 fanfiction in my spare time, and yours is one that I keep coming back to time and time again.

I forgot to mention the Companion short stories, I LOVE the Old Scratch one. Ah, my terrible memory...

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
MistyDragon13 on Jun 26, 2014 wrote:
You're welcome, anecorbie! I really like Hench (wo)man for Hire, and it made me delete and restart my own fanfiction so that I could start from scratch and make it more mature-sounding! I read a lot of Pirate101 fanfiction in my spare time, and yours is one that I keep coming back to time and time again.

I forgot to mention the Companion short stories, I LOVE the Old Scratch one. Ah, my terrible memory...
Have you submitted anything yet? I would love to read it!

Ensign
Jul 10, 2009
MistyDragon13 on Jun 26, 2014 wrote:

I second everything you said.

Also, The Helpful Pirate is very deserving of his username.

Ivette Xavier, Oracle

Commodore
May 31, 2009
anecorbie on Jun 27, 2014 wrote:
Have you submitted anything yet? I would love to read it!
I haven't submitted anything as of now, but I plan to send in a little something I've decided to call 'Origins' about the backstory of my main Pirate, Misty Jackson. The other tale I'd like to finish, but sadly have run out of ideas for is a humorous story called 'The Misadventures of Clueless Jack Roberts'. I think I'll be done with one of them by the end of July.

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
What about Blind-Mew and One-Eyed Jack? They are great posters too

Petty Officer
Oct 11, 2012
Yes, I really am impressed with KI, so many posts as we send everyday for questions or whatnot they always answer us back within a day. KI really is awesome, I think one eye jack, ratbeard, blind mew all are very very good posters

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
Thank ye Chrissy for the complement, but I be not sure I'm that good of a writer, even thou I can try to spin a thread or two I be not sure if I be any good to impress any pirate here, but thank ye thou.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Rachel Dreamsong on Jun 28, 2014 wrote:
What about Blind-Mew and One-Eyed Jack? They are great posters too
Not to worry, they haven't been forgotten, in fact they are up there more than once.

Bosun
Sep 09, 2010
I haven't been on the boards in a while that is why