Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

pvp is becoming un-fun for some and fun for others

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 10, 2012
Recently i have been playing pvp and my experiance in a word was awful. Every time i play all of the lvl 60-65s team up and just dominate everyone. I like to help new players who want to try pvp once or twice and they don't like it due to this issue. I suggest Kingsisle makes pvp tiers like lvl 1-10 is tier one, lvl 11- 20 is tier two, and so on and so forth. This way everyone can enjoy pvp and have a fair chance of winning instead of 4 lvl 65s and their companions ganging up on them.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
sensible kandrick ... on Jun 19, 2014 wrote:
Recently i have been playing pvp and my experiance in a word was awful. Every time i play all of the lvl 60-65s team up and just dominate everyone. I like to help new players who want to try pvp once or twice and they don't like it due to this issue. I suggest Kingsisle makes pvp tiers like lvl 1-10 is tier one, lvl 11- 20 is tier two, and so on and so forth. This way everyone can enjoy pvp and have a fair chance of winning instead of 4 lvl 65s and their companions ganging up on them.
Don't worry when ( if? ) ranked pvp comes to P101 you'll be matched by rank. For right now I suggest you go to a quieter realm to duel.

Bosun
Feb 25, 2012
sensible kandrick ... on Jun 19, 2014 wrote:
alright, normally i like to respond to these kinds of threads with patience, but the sheer quantity of comments that are practically identical to this are absurd. have no fear, KI will eventually make ranked pvp. as it exists now, pvp is essentially a prototype. it exists so that there is something left other than gear-grinding for top level players. unfortunately, this means that it will not always, in fact it will almost always NOT be a fair fight. Ratbeard has made it crystal clear that he has not balanced pirates for pvp, and that pvp will be updated when they choose to update it. outside of that . . . . find a quieter realm, or buy a house with it's own pvp sigil. you can't expect a level 65 to just let a level 4 win. they simply are not ready to introduce it yet. when it arrives, it will be wonderful. ( this is KI after all) all we need is patience.

Gunner's Mate
Jun 22, 2011
For most people, there is absolutely no point doing any sort of PVP until you are max leveled and have farmed the gear that you want. This will maximize your chances of not getting destroyed by a higher leveled/more equipped person. I don't see why people can't realize this, but it's essential to any sort of PVP.

Fiery Courtney
Max Level Witchdoctor
Longtime PVPer
Skilled Fortune Seeker

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
AlphaWolf02 on Jun 22, 2014 wrote:
For most people, there is absolutely no point doing any sort of PVP until you are max leveled and have farmed the gear that you want. This will maximize your chances of not getting destroyed by a higher leveled/more equipped person. I don't see why people can't realize this, but it's essential to any sort of PVP.

Fiery Courtney
Max Level Witchdoctor
Longtime PVPer
Skilled Fortune Seeker
But you have to admit that it's frustrating for a group of low to mid level pirates who want to PvP, to be absolutely thrashed when a gang of maxed out, farmed to the Nth degree, pirates jump in.
Conversely, there have been times when I want to duel and the Brawlin' Hall and Spar Room was full of low level pirates. So I didn't get to duel ( I refuse to duel anyone more than 8 levels below me. )

Ensign
Jun 16, 2013
AlphaWolf02 on Jun 22, 2014 wrote:

Fiery Courtney
Max Level Witchdoctor
Longtime PVPer
Skilled Fortune Seeker
As much as I hate to say it, this is very much true. Until ranked PvP is released (whenever that's going to be...) there's no point in taking a character that's, I'd say, under lvl 58 into PvP as they're just going to walked all over by anyone who is higher level. Which there is almost always someone max or near max in Avery/Bonnie Anne/Blind Mew realms.

If you're a lower level and still want to PvP, my recommendation is to find some of the other low levels (preferably within 5 levels of yourself) and try to get them to join you in another realm that doesn't have any on else in it. This is what the max level players do when you see them trying to organize a 4v4 or just a generally "fair" fight.

I don't even bother taking my low level pirates into PvP anymore. I'm usually rather hesitant to do so once they're even maxed until I have a power card on at least all but one or two of my gears.

Don't take this the wrong way, but until ranked PvP is released, which we don't even know if KI has even started working on it yet, this is going to be your best option. Coming to complain on the forums and on central or whatever other message boards you use isn't going to change anything nor is it likely going to speed up KI's decision making for ranked balancing and/or release.

So these topics are effectively pointless, as we've all seen it before and we've all said this in response.

I'm gonna end my rant here before I drive myself into a fit

Silly Sebastian (,,)

Gunner's Mate
Jun 22, 2011
Silly Sebastian on Jun 22, 2014 wrote:
As much as I hate to say it, this is very much true. Until ranked PvP is released (whenever that's going to be...) there's no point in taking a character that's, I'd say, under lvl 58 into PvP as they're just going to walked all over by anyone who is higher level. Which there is almost always someone max or near max in Avery/Bonnie Anne/Blind Mew realms.

If you're a lower level and still want to PvP, my recommendation is to find some of the other low levels (preferably within 5 levels of yourself) and try to get them to join you in another realm that doesn't have any on else in it. This is what the max level players do when you see them trying to organize a 4v4 or just a generally "fair" fight.

I don't even bother taking my low level pirates into PvP anymore. I'm usually rather hesitant to do so once they're even maxed until I have a power card on at least all but one or two of my gears.

Don't take this the wrong way, but until ranked PvP is released, which we don't even know if KI has even started working on it yet, this is going to be your best option. Coming to complain on the forums and on central or whatever other message boards you use isn't going to change anything nor is it likely going to speed up KI's decision making for ranked balancing and/or release.

So these topics are effectively pointless, as we've all seen it before and we've all said this in response.

I'm gonna end my rant here before I drive myself into a fit

Silly Sebastian (,,)
It may have been a rant, but it was an intelligent rant.

Petty Officer
Jun 08, 2012
AlphaWolf02 on Jul 27, 2014 wrote:
It may have been a rant, but it was an intelligent rant.
It is NOT an intelligent rant, because for one, it's easy to solve... All you have to do is.....CHANGE REALMS!! o: What!?!?!? I CANNOT change realms, it's too HARD... Sorry, but that is all you have to do.. If you need someone to PvP with, go to a fuller realm, add people that would want to PvP with you(and you would like to PvP with/against), go to a different realm(Perfect...), then have them port. Easy?

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
All I can recommend is that you get a class house(example Rake's Lagoon) where there's a PvP sigil and invite people to fight you there. Complaining about how unfair PvP is now won't speed up Kingsisle's work on Ranked PvP, so just be patient.

Fearless DolanGrant lvl 65

Gunner's Mate
Jun 22, 2011
anecorbie on Jun 22, 2014 wrote:
But you have to admit that it's frustrating for a group of low to mid level pirates who want to PvP, to be absolutely thrashed when a gang of maxed out, farmed to the Nth degree, pirates jump in.
Conversely, there have been times when I want to duel and the Brawlin' Hall and Spar Room was full of low level pirates. So I didn't get to duel ( I refuse to duel anyone more than 8 levels below me. )
I have thrashed and been thrashed as a level 53 PvPing. It's all part of the game, and if someone can't handle it, they either should improve their strategy or not play.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
AlphaWolf02 on Aug 18, 2014 wrote:
I have thrashed and been thrashed as a level 53 PvPing. It's all part of the game, and if someone can't handle it, they either should improve their strategy or not play.
Depending on your level, it depends who is thrashing you. Level 25 against say a level 30, this is a good match with a chance for victory for the lower level ( with strategy and a bit of luck ). Being thrashed by a level 65 who has farmed Beachhead, Maruzame or Hyssarik Palace is NOT a balanced match and the higher level should be ashamed of such a 'victory'.

Gunner's Mate
Jun 22, 2011
anecorbie on Aug 18, 2014 wrote:
Depending on your level, it depends who is thrashing you. Level 25 against say a level 30, this is a good match with a chance for victory for the lower level ( with strategy and a bit of luck ). Being thrashed by a level 65 who has farmed Beachhead, Maruzame or Hyssarik Palace is NOT a balanced match and the higher level should be ashamed of such a 'victory'.
What I meant was I've beaten players who've farmed and I've been beaten by players who have farmed. It's all part of the game.