Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Huge Pile Of Treasure!!

AuthorMessage
Captain
Jan 17, 2012
So, I'm wandering around the Aquila vendors, because I've hit my experience cap, and don't want to do further things which won't gain me any experience.

So, I am looking through the Housing Vendor's wares, and the first thing on their list of items for sale is one called, Huge Pile Of Treasure!

Oh, this looks nice. You could put that in your home and show everyone how rich you are. How much is it?

200,000 gold.

In other words, I have to completely fill my backpack with gold, then give it to this vendor so I end up with nothing, in order to get an item I can display in my home that shows how much gold I have.

Let me guess...if you sell it, you only get a pittance.

Someone over there has a very odd sense of humor.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I bought this twice on my highest level characters. It's a way to quickly get rid of max gold and make room to sell additional items. It's also a quick way to transfer 75,000 gold to a lower level character.

No to mention, if you want to display it in your treasure room, you can be the envy of all who may stop by your castle.

I like it.

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
That someone is Mr.Trelawny,the developer in charge of housing items.

Lieutenant
May 29, 2009
There are several sizes of treasure piles that cost varying amounts.

This is just a way to show off how much gold you've accumulated. Some people spend a lot of time farming and reach the gold cap easily. They don't want to buy items or equipment that is going to clutter their banks/backpacks/houses/attics. Besides can you imagine how much stuff you would have to buy in order to deplete that 200,000 gold? So this is basically a way to get rid of your gold & show your status with just one item. :)

~SM~

PS I do believe, though, that with the addition of Advanced Pets more people are spending their gold on morphing and hatching!

Ensign
Jul 04, 2013
Max DeGroot on Jun 15, 2014 wrote:
So, I'm wandering around the Aquila vendors, because I've hit my experience cap, and don't want to do further things which won't gain me any experience.

So, I am looking through the Housing Vendor's wares, and the first thing on their list of items for sale is one called, Huge Pile Of Treasure!

Oh, this looks nice. You could put that in your home and show everyone how rich you are. How much is it?

200,000 gold.

In other words, I have to completely fill my backpack with gold, then give it to this vendor so I end up with nothing, in order to get an item I can display in my home that shows how much gold I have.

Let me guess...if you sell it, you only get a pittance.

Someone over there has a very odd sense of humor.
i feel like gunn was only the richest pirate in history because he had 200,001 gold

Commodore
May 31, 2009
SatchelMan7 on Jul 22, 2014 wrote:
i feel like gunn was only the richest pirate in history because he had 200,001 gold
How very true. He found the unique bug to beat the gold cap. KI had to use large amounts of bug spray (and a fly swatter) to get rid of that bug before launching the game.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
How much gold do you need to buy a skyway? Captain Avery did this and got Skull Island.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Now that the Morphing tent is drinking in my gold as fast as I can pour it, none of the expensive treasure piles are much of a temptation any more!. At 10,000 to 21,000 a pop, morphing cleans a pirate out fast.

-Indigo