Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

:( I think an apology is in order.

AuthorMessage
Captain
Dec 11, 2010
Guys I have a confession, I am not really a girl.

I have my reasons why though

It all started back in my Wizard101 days. I made a character who was female for the lolz and I met an amazing friend on that character. I ended up make more friends on that character as I leveled up and eventually most of my Wizard101 characters became female. To make my in-game name more famous (note I was big on the Wizard101 message boards) I decided to take the moment to change it to my current one. The worst part is that when I saw Chrissy in-game and she saw my swashbuckler (who is male) I actually LIED to her. :( the guilt has been eating me alive and I just had to make this post. I hope she and anyone else reading this can forgive me for lying this whole time, but I wouldn't be surprised if you don't .

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Rachel Dreamsong on Jun 5, 2014 wrote:

It all started back in my Wizard101 days. I made a character who was female for the lolz and I met an amazing friend on that character. I ended up make more friends on that character as I leveled up and eventually most of my Wizard101 characters became female. To make my in-game name more famous (note I was big on the Wizard101 message boards) I decided to take the moment to change it to my current one. The worst part is that when I saw Chrissy in-game and she saw my swashbuckler (who is male) I actually LIED to her. :( the guilt has been eating me alive and I just had to make this post. I hope she and anyone else reading this can forgive me for lying this whole time, but I wouldn't be surprised if you don't .
I've tried making opposite genders in games to my real life gender, too. I liked drama all my life and I always wondered if I could 'fool' people into believing that I was a boy. I stopped doing that because of all the friends who got mad when they found out my true gender. But I believe you are a wonderful person regardless of how your avatars look. It has taken courage to come out and confess here.

Lieutenant
Jun 16, 2009
Rachel,
While this is a very nice apology, It doesn't really matter. When we are online, very few people are exactly who they seem to be. In game, gender is not really important. When I'm playing, I'm in character. My personality is not exactly the same as the personalities I have created for my characters. Don't worry to much about it. You're a member of the Pirate101 community, that matters more to us than who you are off line.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013

Shhh, that's ok....lean in close and I'll tell you a little secret- closer, closer....whoa! too close...that's good. I'm not really a pirate in real life....or a marauder for that matter!

In all seriousness, and joking aside, we all make some mistakes in life but you or anyone else shouldn't be defined or judged by the little mistakes made. Instead you should be commended for owning up to something that you are not proud of and felt guilty about. What you do after the mistake often means so much more than the actual "slip-up" itself. No body on here or in the world is perfect and if they claim to be then they are guilty of making the same mistake that you did.

To tell you the truth, there is probably an overabundance of false information and deception out there when it comes to social media and getting to know people online. A lot of times people make up other personas or fabricate untruths just to protect themselves and their private information and lives and/or loved ones. And sometimes people make up stories about themselves just to better fit in and be accepted- especially when they have suffered in real life from people not accepting them for who they really are and treating them badly because of it. They may need to feel that sense of acceptance and fitting in...and it can be easier to get that online where nobody knows you.

That reminds me of a long ago, oft-forgotten song from a great little show from my dusty generation.

"Making your way in the world today, takes everything you got.
Taking a break from all your worries, sure would help a lot.
Wouldn't you like to get away?.....sometimes you want to go....

Where everybody knows your name, and they're always glad you came.
You wanna be where you can see, our troubles are all the same.
You wanna be where everybody knows your name.

You wanna go where people know, people are all the same.
You wanna go where everybody knows your name."
- From theme song of "Cheers"

I certainly don't condone lying, but I do understand that sometimes things happen. Hey we're only humans after all....well except for the Armada. So, you lied about something on social media- it's not worth making you walk the plank...now maybe spending a week or two in the brig---ok. Boy, girl, android, marsupial, cardboard cutout, amoeba or watermole...you still seem like a good person, despite telling a lie. It was very big of you to "come clean" and I am sure that will garner some respect and admiration from your fellow pirates, it did for me.

As far as I'm considered, you are forgiven.

Lieutenant
May 09, 2009
Hi!

Fortunately I was able to see this before I won't be able to post for a while. I understand how hard and difficult it might be to make this post in the first place. Considering everyone else on these boards.I'm sure we will forgive you. I know I would at least. The past can't be changed, but you can always change your future. Try to not let it get to you! Good luck!

The Loyal Swashbuckler
Noble Ryan Thompson

Ensign
Jan 28, 2013

It's ok, I guess as long as you don't lie all the time.

Oh and thanks for knocking the scence back into me about Avery being Kane.

What is your pirate 101 name?

Tarlac Percy lvl 65

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
More seriously, I never assume someone's posting identity/icon is an accurate indication of their gender.

-Indigo

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013

Woah, big shocker. Um its fine Rachel, but that completely came outta nowhere. Well who else is keeping secrets around here? x points at chrissy x what are you, a camel?

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
Thanks guys I just needed to get it off my chest. Also @The Swashbuckler my Pirate101 character name (for my swashbuckler) is Dead-Eye Tyler Collins, same deal with my Buccaneer. The rest are different and I cant remember then all (haven't logged in for a little while but I will make sure to check back to you on that)

Petty Officer
Dec 21, 2013
I make a lot of females to for some reason my pirate that I had forever is a girl

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009

You are so wise to listen to your conscience and take steps to do the right thing. I am so proud of you for "Manning" up and coming clean. Of COURSE you are forgiven.
*Huge Chrissy Hug*
Please don't feel bad about it, the game gives us the choice to pick boy or girl to make it fun to have different characters. I totally understand that and have no issues with it. I know what bothered you was we were not having a game conversation, you were chatting with me about life and what you said clued me in to your true gender and when I pointed it out you panicked and the fib happened. I suspected as much but I totally respect players privacy and was not offended. I just let it go and have held no hard feelings. I think it is perfectly fine for on line folk to protect themselves. This game should be a safe place for all and I would never intrude on someone's boundaries.
The very fact that your lie bothered you so much shows what good character you have. If you were a hard hearted fellow, it would not have needled your conscience so.
Well done sir, all is forgiven and I am so very proud.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
fearless robert sp... on Jun 6, 2014 wrote:
Woah, big shocker. Um its fine Rachel, but that completely came outta nowhere. Well who else is keeping secrets around here? x points at chrissy x what are you, a camel?
Lol Robert you are so funny. *Looks at self* While I will admit to having some humps, I am no camel.

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
I be a little shocked, but it be alright me friend like Valkoor said no pirate here perfect and I applaud ye bravery to make this post, so apologies not be needed cause ye always be a message board marauder.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

First Mate
Dec 13, 2009
No, I think she's an evil duck, sent from the future by cavemen, to destroy the camel population. People in Egypt won't be able to travel, so we'll all die!
Thus, Chrissy will cause the beginning of the end. Egypt will nuke the US in frustration. Then all-out nuclear war insues.

Because.
On that fateful day, when fire rained from the sky, the giant steel door of Vault 101 slid closed... and never reopened. It was here you were born. It is here you will die.
Because, in Vault 101: no one ever enters, and no one ever leaves.

First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
While I am not a big fan of lying I have to say... I too have create female characters, I mean who hasn't at least thought of it?

It takes courage to confess things, what may be something small to others can be huge on the person confessing, all that really matters is that you are being who you are, it doesn't really matter if you wear a mask, as long as your you, who you want to be, and if others don't like that then they can walk the plank.

Also, not everyone is being who they truly are in games, I respect everyone's decision, who am I to judge someone based on their avatar? We all have our secrets

I hope you feel better about this, I am sure Chrissy will understand!

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012

Hehe, no worries.

I, personally, am a girl. But I do happen to be a tomboy, so it's more than a little surprising why all of my in game characters are female. If you're wondering, it's a secret, and one I'm not comfortable telling.

I don't usually assume people's genders because of a screen name. Mine, I guess can be taken either way, unless you count my Central name, which is Japanese for 'Shrine Maiden of the Cherryblossoms.'

So no worries.

Ciao.

Ensign
Jan 28, 2013
Rachel Dreamsong on Jun 6, 2014 wrote:
Thanks guys I just needed to get it off my chest. Also @The Swashbuckler my Pirate101 character name (for my swashbuckler) is Dead-Eye Tyler Collins, same deal with my Buccaneer. The rest are different and I cant remember then all (haven't logged in for a little while but I will make sure to check back to you on that)
could you give me a friend finder code

First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
We've all got secrets Btw I don't know about camels, but the spiral is filled with all sorts of animal pirates

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jun 6, 2014 wrote:
Lol Robert you are so funny. *Looks at self* While I will admit to having some humps, I am no camel.
yea yea yea, lol

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
Kai Alcott on Jun 7, 2014 wrote:
No, I think she's an evil duck, sent from the future by cavemen, to destroy the camel population. People in Egypt won't be able to travel, so we'll all die!
Thus, Chrissy will cause the beginning of the end. Egypt will nuke the US in frustration. Then all-out nuclear war insues.

Because.
On that fateful day, when fire rained from the sky, the giant steel door of Vault 101 slid closed... and never reopened. It was here you were born. It is here you will die.
Because, in Vault 101: no one ever enters, and no one ever leaves.
hahahah lol

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
Noble Tyler Strong on Jun 8, 2014 wrote:
We've all got secrets Btw I don't know about camels, but the spiral is filled with all sorts of animal pirates
yeah thats true XD

Lieutenant
May 01, 2010

Um........OK, that came out of nowhere.
In all seriousness though, don't be beating yourself up so much over a small mistake. I see clearly why you'd feel the need to apologize (misleading people and what not) but what you did is nothing short of human nature: you felt a sense of acceptance and did what you could to keep it. It happens all the time and, in all honesty, lying about yourself in a game is really no big deal as opposed to doing it in real life. Besides, nobody is ACTUALLY going to know the true identity behind the PC (unless you by chance know somebody in real life who plays the game, but that's the exception). You where at least good-hearted enough to realize your mistake and come clean about it, but remember that it's just a game.
Personally, popularity shouldn't even matter. Yes, it's great to have people who acknowledge you in a positive way, but fun should be the only important factor.