Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

An issue with the updates.

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Kai Alcott on Jun 1, 2014 wrote:
If they put you in the programming, then you would have to give players a side quest to gather you the materials!
Now you're talking Kai. I could sure go for that.

Although I am extremely self sufficient, stubborn and greatly enjoy hard work- so I surely couldn't and wouldn't allow young, orphaned pirates to go and do my dirty work for me- especially with the Armada and other Spiral enemies hot on their heels.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Cunning Finnigan S... on Jun 1, 2014 wrote:
You know what would be a cool idea for Crimson Jake?

What if he gave a new, short quest line that would eventually lead up to gaining him as a Companion? I'm surprised no one suggested that. I think it would be really fun to have at least 1 Human Companion without loosing the Animal-Cartoon feel KI mostly goes for.

I could see him as a pretty solid Buccaneer. He could deal some strong 'left-hooks' (get it?) Until his quest was moved to another NPC on Skull Island, he seemed to have a taste for Battacuda, so perhaps he could have a line of Fish-themed powers. The Kraken Coils and Triton's Song powers would work for him. Plus he'd probably been in a ton of scraps to lose a leg and an arm. It's surely fitting of an old Pirate once on the Skies!
I really like that idea. It wouldn't be the first time our captains have given a homeless pirate a home.

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
I'm alright with the updates, except for the buffaloon pet. I HATE it's new "voice" when it attacks. The only reason I don't like buffaloons anymore.

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
Kai Alcott on Jun 1, 2014 wrote:
What's that reason?
Well when you have sharks, zombies, skeletons, Dinosaurs, Bulls, Bison, eagles, and other deadly creatures on your crew, eventually they get hungry for some fresher meat.

El Toro: What? Did the companion just insist that we eat humans that get picked for the crew?
Catbeard: Idk but they do sound a bit delicious when prepared with Pickled Herring
Fin Dorsal: Looks like we aren't having Crimson-Jake Kabobs today

Lieutenant
Jun 16, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jun 2, 2014 wrote:
Now you're talking Kai. I could sure go for that.

Although I am extremely self sufficient, stubborn and greatly enjoy hard work- so I surely couldn't and wouldn't allow young, orphaned pirates to go and do my dirty work for me- especially with the Armada and other Spiral enemies hot on their heels.
I shudder to think of the puns that we would be forced to endure, should you become an NPC. While I'll concede that many of them are quite amusing, a lot of them are painfully reached for.

First Mate
Dec 13, 2009
Rachel Dreamsong on Jun 3, 2014 wrote:
Well when you have sharks, zombies, skeletons, Dinosaurs, Bulls, Bison, eagles, and other deadly creatures on your crew, eventually they get hungry for some fresher meat.

El Toro: What? Did the companion just insist that we eat humans that get picked for the crew?
Catbeard: Idk but they do sound a bit delicious when prepared with Pickled Herring
Fin Dorsal: Looks like we aren't having Crimson-Jake Kabobs today
Bulls and Bison are herbivores.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Melody Fisher on Jun 5, 2014 wrote:
I shudder to think of the puns that we would be forced to endure, should you become an NPC. While I'll concede that many of them are quite amusing, a lot of them are painfully reached for.
Uh, thank you...I think, but perhaps not?

Yeah you are right Melody- an NPC with that pun usage, would be horrific...simply and utterly horrific and I HAVE been nursing a pulled hamstring since reaching for that last group of puns. I would never wish that kind of torture on even Kane.

In all fairness to my dastardly and shameful pun reaching- humor and any attempts at comedy are always quite an extreme reach, because none of us share the same sense of humor or laugh at the same things(thank goodness in my case). The glory of diversity and individuality, I suppose.

I know that I am guilty of overreaching, but when I was a wee lad, my mom always taught me that the things worth grasping and holding onto the most, were the things you had to reach the farthest for.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Melody Fisher on Jun 5, 2014 wrote:
That is the point of a pun, if it has you rolling your eyes and groaning, then it is successful.