Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Test Realm Patching Failure

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009
Level of your character:
6 Pirates, five level 65s, one level 6.
Location where the bug occurred:
The Character Selection Screen.
Quest Name (if applicable):
N/A
Companion Name and Tier of Promotion (if applicable):
N/A
Description of the bug:
After logging into the Pirate101 Test Realm Launcher, it finishes patching with seconds, which I know means something is wrong. When it brings me into Character Selection, the only thing it patches is the Shared World data and some critical animation. It does not patch anything else. When I attempt to play on a character, it tells me this area is not ready, but no patching occurs afterwards.
How often does this bug seem to happen? (Once/Sometimes/Often/Every time)
Every Time
Were you playing Solo? (Y/N)
Yes
If you were in a group or playing with others, how many?
N/A
Were you the only one to experience this issue?
I have not seen anyone else on the forums encounter this issue so far.
Can you reproduce this bug?
Yes

Other information:
I have already tried uninstalling Pirate101 Test, restarting my computer, reinstalling, and adjusting my Proxy settings as it recommended before I uninstalled it.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009
UPDATE: 2:24 P.M.

After encountering the same error with the Live Realm Launcher, I went through a complicated series of Window's firewalls rules with Protocols and Program Rules and whatnot and I have been able enter the game itself. However, the only world I seem to be able to play in is Cool Ranch, and even then, nothing is loading in the world. All I see is the Skyway I am in, no enemy ships, no players, not even my character.

Administrator
Hi! Sorry you're having troubles.

I've forwarded your message on to our Customer Support for review.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009
One-Eyed Jack on May 5, 2014 wrote:
Hi! Sorry you're having troubles.

I've forwarded your message on to our Customer Support for review.
Thanks, I sent a ticket previously for the Live Realm Launcher issue since they said they could not assist with Test Realm Launcher issues.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009
UPDATE: 4:23 P.M.
I have resolved the issue with the Live Realm Launcher. It seems the problem may have been caused after I uninstalled a program called "Privoxy". I believe this caused the Patch Client to lose connection to the servers due to my internet using Proxy LAN servers.