Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The problem with these MOB's...

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Apr 03, 2014
I know it isn't "impossible" to beat them, but the enemies in CR sure are right next to that! They have way too many extra hits and if I even get anywhere near them they shoot you twice. Each enemy attacks 3 to 5 times per round! Not to mention if you want to attack them they hit you once before you attack with "first hit" and than right after with "vengeance strike." I also have the same powers on most of my companions but they still get beat by these huge birds

~♥Catherine Kelly♥~

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
ItzCat on Apr 19, 2014 wrote:
I know it isn't "impossible" to beat them, but the enemies in CR sure are right next to that! They have way too many extra hits and if I even get anywhere near them they shoot you twice. Each enemy attacks 3 to 5 times per round! Not to mention if you want to attack them they hit you once before you attack with "first hit" and than right after with "vengeance strike." I also have the same powers on most of my companions but they still get beat by these huge birds

~♥Catherine Kelly♥~
Hi Catherine, welcome to the message boards. Try using musketeers that have large area of effect hits, or witchdoctor companions that have large hits to several at once. Privateers have some good wide damage hits too and some have those much needed heals for you. That way you avoid the first hit and vengeance strikes. Hit them from afar and put someone like Ratbeard in front of your crew to stop their advancement and take some hits for you ( hopefully you have boosted his protection and his life levels ). Then your long range hitters can be somewhat protected as they deal out the damage for you. And as always have those heals handy or Valor's Armor or Fortress to protect your squishies.

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
ItzCat on Apr 19, 2014 wrote:

~♥Catherine Kelly♥~
Nice signature and btw welcome to the message boards! You'll love it here and can speak what's on your mind or just ask for help (might want to try out roleplay it's just telling a story) but to stay on topic what you might want to do is get a melee weapon when you fight gun guys and a gun when you fight melee guys. I know you shouldn't really do this in most cases but when I was in cool ranch I found this helpful, the best place to get weapons is the bazaar. You may already know this but when you get there click on the scroll which means lvl and look for the best one you can find but note that just because there I higher lvl doesn't mean there better in fact for my Aquila galleon I'm using cannonades (I think that's what there called) which com from marlybone. There lvl 54 or 44 but there better than any Aquila cannon I can find. I still use my dragoon sword which is also from marlybone and it's better than any weapon I can find to. Also for.boots I use the armada heavy boots which are like the only one (I have seen so far) that has heavy armor talent. So look a bit under the top lvl for you you may find something better. Lvl up your companions and get friends. And btw no need to scare you but you ain't seen nothing compared to Rooke or Aquila. And when you get to marlybone see my thread about tips for dragons (armada) it will help. Bye

-Jack nightgale lvl 65 buccaneer

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
There's not much I can add to this very helpful advise, except to say this: if you haven't been doing side quests, now is the time. Raise your & companions levels and the battles will be easier! Good Luck

Ensign
May 24, 2014
yea these things have too much health and a maximum of five relentless strikes like, seriously kings isle can you change tht 4 the players

Ensign
Apr 26, 2011
I've tried to get ki's attention about this before but they won't respond. You can't put a huge difficulty spike about half way through the game. Why is the dodge rate so high? and i'm not talking about just cool ranch. I'm talking about the Monquistan and skull island quests you get from cool ranch too. I used to be able to sink ships easily. But now i'm at about 100 health while sinking so most of the time i have to board. I would really appreciate if KI did something about this.

Allan Ashburn Lvl 28