Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

How did you start?

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Jun 15, 2009
Hello everyone Griffin here again. I have been meaning to post this topic for a while but was always too busy to post. Anyway I wanted to ask you all you got into playing pirate101. Were you an original KI fan and come over from Wizard101? Did you see the commercials and decide to try it?

I was persuaded by a very good friend of mine to try out Wizard101. After playing for some years I heard about Pirate101. I was a bit skeptical at first but eventually decided to try it out. That was probably the best choice I've ever made.

So that's my story. Now tell me yours. I am exited to hear all about your introduction to Pirate101.

- Griffin

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Griffen Deverux on Apr 19, 2014 wrote:
Hello everyone Griffin here again. I have been meaning to post this topic for a while but was always too busy to post. Anyway I wanted to ask you all you got into playing pirate101. Were you an original KI fan and come over from Wizard101? Did you see the commercials and decide to try it?

I was persuaded by a very good friend of mine to try out Wizard101. After playing for some years I heard about Pirate101. I was a bit skeptical at first but eventually decided to try it out. That was probably the best choice I've ever made.

So that's my story. Now tell me yours. I am exited to hear all about your introduction to Pirate101.

- Griffin
Well after I got over the crushing disappointment of not being selected for beta, I kid, I kid KingsIsle, A friend from Wizard 101 talked me into coming over and giving it a try. At first I didn't like it as I thought there was no control in battle ( Silly me ) but she told me to hang in there and as I grew so would my control. After all how much control do you need to squash a few troggies? So I hung in there for the second day and I was hooked. By then I was seeing all the humor and I loved the environment and well, my wizards have suffered greatly from neglect. I pop over there once in a while but my heart is here. What can I say? A virtuous pirate has found her home.

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
Year one wizard101 right here. Almost beta pirate101 to (I was to late to sign up by the time I heard about it the beta was just about to close and they weren't accepting anymore) I was an original KI fan. I loved there work and when I heard about pirate101 I immediately let the other wizards take care of Malli for me and smuggled myself into skull island (I crushed the armada ship with a helephant spell just to let you know and destroyed there reinforcements with meteors, guess which school I am. And btw who let the heck hounds out? It may or may not be me) so ya a original. Well I guess I'll see you in the skyways!

-Jack nightgale lvl 65 buccaneer

Gunner's Mate
Jul 08, 2013
lets see here to be honest i first started wizard 101 then i stopped doing it then i joined pirate 101 and then i used my account for wizard 101 so i'm back on there again

fearless talon Lewis

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I started with Wizard101, when the MMO I was playing got into some serious trouble with hackers, they went off-line for a month! I tried Wizard and had a grand time, then when I saw the adds for the new game, of course I signed up for beta ( unfortunately was not selected ). However I bought a Game card so I could play early when it was released on line, been playing ever since. Not playing Wizard as much, being a pirate is too much fun!

Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2012
Griffen Deverux on Apr 19, 2014 wrote:

- Griffin
I might as well spin you that yarn. It was a boring day for me and my little brother. We were in the living room watching tv when the first Pirate101 ad came on. I said to him, "We've gotta try that." So we nearly trample each other as we get signed on and play the game. It was love at first sight for me on this game, since I can't turn down a good role playing game.

First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
I wanted to participate in Beta, but I didn't know about prepaid credit cards at that time XD, I heard of Pirate101 and got extremely excited, I played it as soon as it was released in live.