Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Account Name and Message Board Problem

AuthorMessage
First Mate
May 01, 2012
I have 2 different accounts. This account is working fine. My second account gets the error "Your account name contains inappropriate or prohibited word(s). You cannot post to these message boards." As far as I know, there has never been a problem with either account and I have never been notified by e-mail that there was a problem. The other account uses the same e-mail address as this one and I have checked both accounts to verify that the e-mail address is correct and current in the My Account data. The other account has not posted anything recently because I have been using this account almost exclusively.

I tried to report this problem to support and have the reference number #140409-000614. This was reported two to three days ago (or more) and I have not heard from support at this time. I understand if I have to wait a little longer than normal due the update testing. Would you please look into this problem and find out how it can be corrected?

Administrator
SlightlyMadWizard on Apr 12, 2014 wrote:
I have 2 different accounts. This account is working fine. My second account gets the error "Your account name contains inappropriate or prohibited word(s). You cannot post to these message boards." As far as I know, there has never been a problem with either account and I have never been notified by e-mail that there was a problem. The other account uses the same e-mail address as this one and I have checked both accounts to verify that the e-mail address is correct and current in the My Account data. The other account has not posted anything recently because I have been using this account almost exclusively.

I tried to report this problem to support and have the reference number #140409-000614. This was reported two to three days ago (or more) and I have not heard from support at this time. I understand if I have to wait a little longer than normal due the update testing. Would you please look into this problem and find out how it can be corrected?
I believe this is resolved now, but can you check and let me know if you're still having issues with posting on your other account?

You may need to clear your Internet Browser cache.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
First Mate
May 01, 2012
As of today (4/12/14) at around 8:20 pm PDT, it has not been resolved. I replied to the letter (dated 4/10/14) from Support saying that they thought it was fixed.

I clear my Browser Cache almost every day since both it and the Temp Files (which I also clear) since they appear to affect game play (both speed, responsiveness, and crashes).

Administrator
SlightlyMadWizard on Apr 13, 2014 wrote:
As of today (4/12/14) at around 8:20 pm PDT, it has not been resolved. I replied to the letter (dated 4/10/14) from Support saying that they thought it was fixed.

I clear my Browser Cache almost every day since both it and the Temp Files (which I also clear) since they appear to affect game play (both speed, responsiveness, and crashes).
How about now?

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
Yes, it worked today. Thank you, One-Eyed Jack.