Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Lvl 75 Power Ideas: Witchdoctor, Privateer

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Dec 16, 2009
I would like to toss out my ideas for some new powers for the next level cap expansion. Assuming that the level is increased by 10, I designed 4 new powers for each class. Here are my ideas for witchdoctors and privateers:

Witchdoctor

Lvl 67
Name: Mojo Echo Rank 2
Type: Epic Talent(Passive)
Description: Bonus Attack if you hit(Base 35% chance)
Explanation: Another rank to the mojo echo line which significantly improves a witchdoctor's offensive prowess.

Lvl 69
Name: Project Sprit
Type: Power(Active)
Description: Morph into Spectral Version of Self, gain passive talents Alert and Fly.
Duration: 5 rounds
Explanation: By transforming yourself into a ghost, you gain the ability to fly and take 1/2 damage from environmental obstacles.

Lvl 72
Name: Shared Clairvoyance
Type: Talent(Passive)
Description: All witchdoctor companions gain the passive ability Spirit Sight(ranged companions) or Fast Rank 1(Melee companions)
Explanation: A powerful ability that allows a witchdoctor to extend the range of all of their witchdoctor companions permanently.

Lvl 75
Name: Mojo Tempest
Range: Equal to wand/staff range
Area of Effect: 3 by 3 square
Description: Superior Attack Burst, Erase 1 buff from each target hit.
Explanation: A powerful mojo storm that erases one positive buff from the opponent.

Privateer

Lvl 67
Name: Repel Boarders Rank 2
Description: Bonus Attack when enemy approaches
Explanation: The next rank of the repel boarders line that allows privateers to punish multiple enemies who approach.

Lvl 69
Name: Valors Pallisade
Description: -25% incoming damage to all allies.
Explanation: A defensive talent that allows the Privateer to protect all his/her companions at once.

Lvl 72
Name: Massive Artillery
Range: Infinite
Area of Effect: 4 by 4 square
Description: Superior attack barrage, 100% chance for fire to all tiles.
Explanation: The next incarnation of the big guns line, this talent affects a larger area and guarantees the appearance of fire on any tile.

Lvl 75
Name: Saving Grace
Description: Any incoming critical hit(damage only) to the pirate has a 75% chance to trigger an automatic Reinforce.
Explanation: A powerful ability that helps the pirate and his team if taking severe damage.

Bosun
May 06, 2009
Eric Stormbringer on Apr 6, 2014 wrote:
I would like to toss out my ideas for some new powers for the next level cap expansion. Assuming that the level is increased by 10, I designed 4 new powers for each class. Here are my ideas for witchdoctors and privateers:

Witchdoctor

Lvl 67
Explanation: Another rank to the mojo echo line which significantly improves a witchdoctor's offensive prowess.

Lvl 69
Description: Morph into Spectral Version of Self, gain passive talents Alert and Fly.
Explanation: By transforming yourself into a ghost, you gain the ability to fly and take 1/2 damage from environmental obstacles.

Lvl 72
Description: All witchdoctor companions gain the passive ability Spirit Sight(ranged companions) or Fast Rank 1(Melee companions)
Explanation: A powerful ability that allows a witchdoctor to extend the range of all of their witchdoctor companions permanently.

Lvl 75
Explanation: A powerful mojo storm that erases one positive buff from the opponent.

Privateer

Lvl 67
Explanation: The next rank of the repel boarders line that allows privateers to punish multiple enemies who approach.

Lvl 69
Explanation: A defensive talent that allows the Privateer to protect all his/her companions at once.

Lvl 72
Explanation: The next incarnation of the big guns line, this talent affects a larger area and guarantees the appearance of fire on any tile.

Lvl 75
Description: Any incoming critical hit(damage only) to the pirate has a 75% chance to trigger an automatic Reinforce.
Explanation: A powerful ability that helps the pirate and his team if taking severe damage.
I like the majority of your ideas and I think they all add a fun element to each class, but there are a few concerns/suggestions.

Mojo Tempest is a very nice power of itself, however, Rank 4 continuations of any of the Power Series won't happen any time soon. Ratbeard has said this sometime last year during the games early days. I think this power would be great on a rare drop or for a much higher level.

Again, Massive Artillery wouldn't happen at Level 72. Maybe after the El Dorado story, but as with Mojo Tempest, would make a fine power on a rare drop. I would also suggest changing the name to something different. Maybe:
"Explosive Barrage", "Bombs Away!", or something along those lines. I feel the name is not as unique or continuational as it could be after "The Big Guns"

Shared Clairvoyance is definitely a top card for me. I like this one, but I'm not sure what "Spirit Sight" is. Either I haven't seen this power yet, or this is one you made your own. I think before Shared Clairvoyance could be an actual Power, Spirit Sight should already be an Epic/Talent. Also, I feel it should only last 3-5 Rounds and not permanent.

Project Spirit (I assume you mean) is also a favorite of mine. Adding something like Polymorphing to me is very cool. Now what should happen if your Transformation ends and you're above an area that's without ground? I bet this is a factor as to why a power like this has yet to be made. Still like it!

On the Power "Saving Grace" could you please elaborate on what "Reinforce" is? I'm not sure what this does. As with the power "Shared Clairvoyance" I believe Reinforce must be introduced first then Saving Grace. Also should Reinforce be something like (and these are just my assumptions) an Armor/Resistance increase or Vengeance Strike to Criticals, I think the percentage should drop to 35-50% so that the spell is not exactly surefire and would be the subject of "overpowered". This leaves room for a potential new series that could work up to 75%.

I'm completely fine with Valor's Palisade (spelled with one "l"), but again a fourth level of the Valor series (or any Power series) won't happen for a while and this may could become another piece to a rare drop item.

Overall, I love the concept of the spells, I just think some of them are a few levels too early.

Cunning Finnigan Sharp

Gunner's Mate
Apr 13, 2010
Eric Stormbringer on Apr 6, 2014 wrote:

Witchdoctor

Lvl 67

Lvl 69

Lvl 72

Lvl 75

Privateer

Lvl 67

Lvl 69

Lvl 72

Lvl 75
Pretty good, just two problems. 1. Since Massive Artillery is part of the Gunnery family, shouldn't it be 3x3? 2. Saving Grace=OP. How about you make it like a reflection thing, where half the damage taken is forced onto the opponent. Ex: Unit A is a Privatter with Saving Grace. Unit B is about to attack Unit A. Unit B deals 100 damage. Saving Grace activates, and Unit B takes 50 damage. The attack still does full damage, but the game takes the full damage, halves it, and makes the attacker take half of the damage.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 16, 2009
Cunning Finnigan S... on Apr 6, 2014 wrote:
I like the majority of your ideas and I think they all add a fun element to each class, but there are a few concerns/suggestions.

Mojo Tempest is a very nice power of itself, however, Rank 4 continuations of any of the Power Series won't happen any time soon. Ratbeard has said this sometime last year during the games early days. I think this power would be great on a rare drop or for a much higher level.

Again, Massive Artillery wouldn't happen at Level 72. Maybe after the El Dorado story, but as with Mojo Tempest, would make a fine power on a rare drop. I would also suggest changing the name to something different. Maybe:
"Explosive Barrage", "Bombs Away!", or something along those lines. I feel the name is not as unique or continuational as it could be after "The Big Guns"

Shared Clairvoyance is definitely a top card for me. I like this one, but I'm not sure what "Spirit Sight" is. Either I haven't seen this power yet, or this is one you made your own. I think before Shared Clairvoyance could be an actual Power, Spirit Sight should already be an Epic/Talent. Also, I feel it should only last 3-5 Rounds and not permanent.

Project Spirit (I assume you mean) is also a favorite of mine. Adding something like Polymorphing to me is very cool. Now what should happen if your Transformation ends and you're above an area that's without ground? I bet this is a factor as to why a power like this has yet to be made. Still like it!

On the Power "Saving Grace" could you please elaborate on what "Reinforce" is? I'm not sure what this does. As with the power "Shared Clairvoyance" I believe Reinforce must be introduced first then Saving Grace. Also should Reinforce be something like (and these are just my assumptions) an Armor/Resistance increase or Vengeance Strike to Criticals, I think the percentage should drop to 35-50% so that the spell is not exactly surefire and would be the subject of "overpowered". This leaves room for a potential new series that could work up to 75%.

I'm completely fine with Valor's Palisade (spelled with one "l"), but again a fourth level of the Valor series (or any Power series) won't happen for a while and this may could become another piece to a rare drop item.

Overall, I love the concept of the spells, I just think some of them are a few levels too early.

Cunning Finnigan Sharp
Thanks for the feedback. Let me see if I can help clarify some things for you.
-Spirit Sight(link here)- The reason I made it permanent is because witchdoctor companions are some of the most overlooked. They have good powers and the ability to stack damage but they have poor accuracy and dodge, poor range(most witchdoctor companions have a mere 3 range), and pitiful health. Shared clairvoyance drastically increases their abilities making them competitive with the likes of buccaneer, swashbuckler and musketeer companions.
-Reinforce(link here)
-I like "Bombs Away" as the name of the power, very creative.
-For Project Spirit I imagine the game restricting your movement options to only an area of solid land for the last round. If all else fails I imagine the spirit teleporting to the nearest available open square on land and then demorphing at the end of the last round.