Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Kinda Unfair

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Dec 15, 2012
I have been looking at some of the maxed peoples stats and it is ridiculous how much base dodge they have compared to swashbucklers. I saw a Privateer with 170 dodge and accuracy with one item of gear that boosts them! I am a Swashbuckler and I have 2 gear items that boost my dodge and I only have 130. I've seen that most classes have more dodge than us and Musketeers have about the same. I think that since we are supposed to be the "Masters" at dodging, we should have a bit more than all the other classes.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Witty Gavin on Apr 3, 2014 wrote:
I have been looking at some of the maxed peoples stats and it is ridiculous how much base dodge they have compared to swashbucklers. I saw a Privateer with 170 dodge and accuracy with one item of gear that boosts them! I am a Swashbuckler and I have 2 gear items that boost my dodge and I only have 130. I've seen that most classes have more dodge than us and Musketeers have about the same. I think that since we are supposed to be the "Masters" at dodging, we should have a bit more than all the other classes.
My guess is that they used their practice points for Dodgy and some gear has great dodgy boosts.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
How you created your pirate also counts to dodgy, When I choose Mooshu as my place of origin I got 'natural warrior' this gives me a damage bonus. When I created my second swashbuckler, I chose Scrimshaw, which gave me 'naturally dodgy' with a dodge bonus.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
Wow privateers with higher dodge stats than, a swashbuckler ? I didn't see that coming,typical privateers usually have low dodging ability,due to the heavy armor talent. But there are some pirates have higher stats than the typical pirate or the other way around.

In other words no two pirates are alike.

" Two words,endless possibilities." -Slick Brittany Andrews

Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
The only way that is possible is if they were buffed (one item of gear with buff a boost on it just isn't going to give any privateer remotely close to either 170 dodge or accuracy). After they buff their stats go up, so does yours but you don't get to view your own stats when playing and buffed. I do hate not being able to do so.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
I don't know if you're considering the whole picture Gavin. I have also seen some non swashbuckler's with high dodge. But, I just took a look at my max level swashbuckler. Her dodge, is 165, only 5 points lower than the Privateer you saw. I know that my swashbuckler does not have all the best swashy equipment she can get.

I'm also pretty sure that Ratbeard has said that dodge ability is affected by the difference between the agility of the pirate and the attacker. Now, my swashbuckler with 165 dodge, also happens to have an agility level of 106/100.
Now, so far I have not seen another pirate that has higher than max agility.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
they could have used a stat potion, I think your able to boost your dodge with one of those

Lieutenant
Dec 15, 2012
Chrissy, you already have a 1/4 of a thousand yars. That's crazy! You just got twice as many as I have in a year in a week! Lol.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Witty Gavin on Apr 5, 2014 wrote:
Chrissy, you already have a 1/4 of a thousand yars. That's crazy! You just got twice as many as I have in a year in a week! Lol.
Good math skills there. It seems to work exponentially sometimes but like I have said, I really don't look at it. Someones yars on an individual post is what makes me smile.

Petty Officer
May 18, 2013
seasnake on Apr 4, 2014 wrote:
The only way that is possible is if they were buffed (one item of gear with buff a boost on it just isn't going to give any privateer remotely close to either 170 dodge or accuracy). After they buff their stats go up, so does yours but you don't get to view your own stats when playing and buffed. I do hate not being able to do so.
Have you tried the haha emotion that's how I read my stats in a battle I can even friend myself also when I use a buff I check my stats and my dodge is 167 I forgot accuracy but even out of battle in my last battle if I used buff it would say my dodge is 167 but it isn't I close pirate101 page log in again and my dodge is 105 or 110 it depends because I chose Skull Island as my world that I grew up in.

Lieutenant
Dec 15, 2012
anecorbie on Apr 4, 2014 wrote:
How you created your pirate also counts to dodgy, When I choose Mooshu as my place of origin I got 'natural warrior' this gives me a damage bonus. When I created my second swashbuckler, I chose Scrimshaw, which gave me 'naturally dodgy' with a dodge bonus.
I didn't think of that... Thanks!

Gunner's Mate
Nov 27, 2009
its probably a buff...after all i have a max PT and when i was helping my max SB friend (for the trolls of course) i used every buff possible on him, (yes including the el toro! (toro theme) power as well, i got him up to 381 dodge...lol

Lieutenant
Dec 15, 2012
I notice that you guys are saying it might be buffs, and he was in a battle, so that might be it. Thank you guys for all your help.

Developer
The Swashbuckler has a "Good" stat advancement for Dodge. Privateers and Buccaneers are just behind them with "Average" and bringing up the rear are Musketeer and Witchdoctor with "Poor" stats.

The Privateer you saw likely had either an elixir buff going (+15% right there) or he had one of his many, many Privateer buffs active.

Because buffs are calculated from your base stat, if you had the same buffs going, you would *definitely* pass a Privateer.

Agility does not affect your Dodge chance, by the way.