Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

How to defeat pirate classes

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Nov 23, 2012
Hello message board world this topic is going to be on how to beat every single pirate class. i will tell you tips weaknesses and strengths of every class. First i'm going to rank each class from best to worst. ( btw this is MY personal opinion. this rank is not real true facts)

1st privateer

2ndwitchdocter

3rdswashbuckler

4thmusketeer

5thbucaneer

The first one is the privateer which is one hardest one to beat due to powers and buffs. To avoid the bomb move your team need to spread out around the arena. their armor and resistance is kinda balence but you need to wait to attack it to burn out the buffs and powers.

second is the witchdocter. they know how to keep away from the battle but still do damage. the first thing you need to do is fight it face to face. and witchdocter has very low armor so swords and axes are good against it. and most of it spells are rang less so watch out for those powers.

the third one is swashbucklers. they deal the most damage and have the most epics. they'd be on top if they could black damage. the swashbucklers are equaled on armor and resistance but not that equal. you need to keep a certain distance to avoid their dances of steel, poison, epics,and bleeding strikes.

the forth is musketeer. they have major range on their guns and they set thousands of traps to get you off the board. musketeers have low armor so physical attacks should do the most on musketeers also the privateer bomb and the musketeer bomb is basically the same so you still need to spread out if they do

And finally the fifth one is the buccaneer. buccaneers has many powers and buffs like privateers and has many epics like the swashbuckler but with that extra steps move any body with first strike or repel boarders and high dodging and accuracy can damage the buccaneer critically on the first turn and buccaneers have very low resistance so magical and gun attacks can battle the buccaneer.

Well that's it these are my ways to defeat each class i hope you have some good use to this.

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
the awesome smuggl... on Mar 29, 2014 wrote:
Hello message board world this topic is going to be on how to beat every single pirate class. i will tell you tips weaknesses and strengths of every class. First i'm going to rank each class from best to worst. ( btw this is MY personal opinion. this rank is not real true facts)

1st privateer

2ndwitchdocter

3rdswashbuckler

4thmusketeer

5thbucaneer

The first one is the privateer which is one hardest one to beat due to powers and buffs. To avoid the bomb move your team need to spread out around the arena. their armor and resistance is kinda balence but you need to wait to attack it to burn out the buffs and powers.

second is the witchdocter. they know how to keep away from the battle but still do damage. the first thing you need to do is fight it face to face. and witchdocter has very low armor so swords and axes are good against it. and most of it spells are rang less so watch out for those powers.

the third one is swashbucklers. they deal the most damage and have the most epics. they'd be on top if they could black damage. the swashbucklers are equaled on armor and resistance but not that equal. you need to keep a certain distance to avoid their dances of steel, poison, epics,and bleeding strikes.

the forth is musketeer. they have major range on their guns and they set thousands of traps to get you off the board. musketeers have low armor so physical attacks should do the most on musketeers also the privateer bomb and the musketeer bomb is basically the same so you still need to spread out if they do

And finally the fifth one is the buccaneer. buccaneers has many powers and buffs like privateers and has many epics like the swashbuckler but with that extra steps move any body with first strike or repel boarders and high dodging and accuracy can damage the buccaneer critically on the first turn and buccaneers have very low resistance so magical and gun attacks can battle the buccaneer.

Well that's it these are my ways to defeat each class i hope you have some good use to this.
Well, like you said...it's opinion and here's mine. I agree that privateers are the best class for pvp. That's probably why you see so many of them. Most people choose the easiest way to get what they want and are afraid to try to win without them. They are not impossible to beat, though. My Musketeer (which I think is the second best class for pvp) has beaten many of them. Or at least I would have beaten them if they hadn't fled when they saw they were losing. That happens a lot. Hmm. What's that say about the personality type drawn to this class in general? The reason I think Musketeers are second best is because of all the multi-player attacks they have that will hit for 500+ even without agility buffs. I still have my Dragoon Autocannon which can deliver the most devastating attack in the game. It can hit for over three thousand damage. Witchdoctors are third best, I believe. They don't have the firepower or defense needed to win usually when facing a powerful Privateer or Musketeer. My Swashbuckler is deadly, but there is no getting past their weakness because if you gear up for defense and healing you will lose your dodge and agility and that's what makes this class deadly to begin with. Without their dodge and agility they really don't have much and the frequency of their epics will suffer. Buccaneers? What can you say about them. I fell bad for that class as far as pvp goes. They would have to have one wild assortment of gear to be successful and almost have to build a Buccaneer that isn't really a Buccaneer. The reckless frenzy attack is just that...reckless. Even when you use damage control like leviathans call with it you still take heavy damage and will probably be taken out in the next round. Hopefully, as time goes by, powers will be added to the other classes that will balance things out more in pvp and skill will be the determining factor more so that just the class of pirate you have. Unless they do that or start to have something like treasure cards it will never change and soon all you will see are Privateers. Nobody will select the other classes if they know they can't win with them.