Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

I don't think duel weapon damage is done right

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
Been playing my swashbuckler and its very upsetting that when I use 2 and 3x cards that only the first hit on the multi frame animation sequence (excluding subsequent attacks such as relentless and repost) get the damage bonus. That is to say that using my shooty stabby weapon and a 3x card and being invisible my swashbuckler does far less damage than Sarah Steel does when she uses the same card. I also once again point out when using cards such as canister shot only the first hit does any damage though you hit many times and you see all the damage numbers that fly across the screen as you hit, but the opponents health only drops by the first damage number which is only around 60 or 70 points damage at max level.

Developer
seasnake on Mar 28, 2014 wrote:
Been playing my swashbuckler and its very upsetting that when I use 2 and 3x cards that only the first hit on the multi frame animation sequence (excluding subsequent attacks such as relentless and repost) get the damage bonus. That is to say that using my shooty stabby weapon and a 3x card and being invisible my swashbuckler does far less damage than Sarah Steel does when she uses the same card. I also once again point out when using cards such as canister shot only the first hit does any damage though you hit many times and you see all the damage numbers that fly across the screen as you hit, but the opponents health only drops by the first damage number which is only around 60 or 70 points damage at max level.
As I've explained before, the damage numbers you see are part of the display only.

You do not actually do "multiple" hits with a dual weapon or indeed any weapon.

You make an attack, and the server calculates one damage sum. For purposes of explanation, let's say it's 100 damage.

• One animation might display that as one big swing that does 100 damage.
  • Another animation might display that as two equal swings for 50 damage each.
  • Another animation might display that as one decent swing for 75 damage and then a little follow-up kick or bonk for another 25 damage.
Etc.

Three different players, each using a different kind of weapon (one smashy, one shooty/slashy, one stabby) can do the exact same attack and the same amount of damage and you'll see it displayed three different ways.