Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Can't log into a certain charater

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 13, 2013
I can't log into my level 65 privateer. It says "Varifying Character... Please Wait" and it stays like that for a while until showing "Can't access character, please try again." It started after I was helping my friend with his quests and in certain places, like Catbeard's Lair, the screen would freeze while loading. When I went to Valencia, I stopped at Steed's Villa (I think that's what it's called right?) I went through the gates and it did the same thing. I logged out, then I went back in to the character selection but it wouldn't work and said Varifying Character, then "Please try again." I've put a lot of crowns into my character and wouldn't like to lose it. How can I fix this?

Administrator
Hi! I forwarded your message to our Customer Support and they have reset you character's location. Could you try logging in again with your level 65 Privateer?

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
Mar 07, 2013
One-Eyed Jack on Mar 3, 2014 wrote:
Hi! I forwarded your message to our Customer Support and they have reset you character's location. Could you try logging in again with your level 65 Privateer?
Hello, this same problem has happened to me. I was on my level 55 privateer . I was going to go farm Friar Sand so on my way into Subata Sky way and then it just froze, so out of habit i exited the game and reentered and it said that. I have put a lot of time, effort, and money in this character and I want him back.

Ensign
Jul 13, 2013
Thank you! It's working fine now. If I try to go back to Steed's Villa might it do the same thing again?

Ensign
Mar 07, 2013
Valkoor Walker on Mar 3, 2014 wrote:
Hello, this same problem has happened to me. I was on my level 55 privateer . I was going to go farm Friar Sand so on my way into Subata Sky way and then it just froze, so out of habit i exited the game and reentered and it said that. I have put a lot of time, effort, and money in this character and I want him back.
His name is Valkoor Walker and i have contacted King Isle and they said try re-installing the game and that didn't work. This has been a problem for about 3 days. I am getting frustrated because no one has had an answer.

Administrator
DrWhoFan11 on Mar 3, 2014 wrote:
Thank you! It's working fine now. If I try to go back to Steed's Villa might it do the same thing again?
It's a very tricky bug, so if it does happen again, please try to remember any details that might help us recreate it and fix it!

Glad to hear you're back in the skyways and hopefully without further issues.

Administrator
Valkoor Walker on Mar 3, 2014 wrote:
Hi! I've forwarded your message along to our Customer Support, and hopefully we can get your Privateer back in working condition soon

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Ensign
Nov 01, 2012
Not to be a bother, but it seems the same has happened to two of my characters. A level 24 Buccaneer and my level 13/14 witchdoctor. (Funny thing is, I created the witchdoctor to escape the buccaneer glitch.) Are you able to help me as well? If so, thank you.

Administrator
Erin Deveraux on Mar 12, 2014 wrote:
Not to be a bother, but it seems the same has happened to two of my characters. A level 24 Buccaneer and my level 13/14 witchdoctor. (Funny thing is, I created the witchdoctor to escape the buccaneer glitch.) Are you able to help me as well? If so, thank you.
Good news! Our Customer Support has reset the locations of both your characters. If you have any further questions please respond to the ticket that was sent to the email associated with this account.

Thanks!

Ensign
Nov 01, 2012
Okay, this bug is starting to get ridiculous The second after she's reset, My witchdoctor glitches again. She's once again trapped in Verifying Character land. Just a friendly request to the game devs, Can we try to find the root of this bug and eliminate it? It's severely interrupting my gameplay, and i'm having a hard time having fun when I can't get on the character I wish to. (For me, this problem happened the most in Cool Ranch and Monquista.)

Ensign
Nov 01, 2012
Wait, scratch the first part of my last post. It seems it's fixed itself. But the latter still remains, if it's possible to fix the glitch entirely, please do so.

Ensign
Aug 22, 2010
hi. this glitch happened to me, also. I was on my level 29 privateer. I had a quest in scrimshaw, tradewinds skyway. I was in port regal going into tradewinds so it was loading. it was taking a long time, so I logged off and went back on. it said "please wait, verifying character" like usual. but it was taking longer than normal. then it said " unable to enter game" or something like that. some help would be nice. I don't really want to start over with a new character. please help.

Ensign
Sep 22, 2009
One-Eyed Jack on Mar 3, 2014 wrote:
can you please reset my LVL 13 please?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
KBluewhisper on Mar 18, 2014 wrote:
can you please reset my LVL 13 please?
Hi KBluewhisper, welcome to the message boards. You need to contact customer support and tell them your account name and the name of your stuck pirate. Then they can help you out, as many formerly stuck pirates can attest to.

Ensign
Aug 22, 2010
lucas yellowfish on Mar 17, 2014 wrote:
hi. this glitch happened to me, also. I was on my level 29 privateer. I had a quest in scrimshaw, tradewinds skyway. I was in port regal going into tradewinds so it was loading. it was taking a long time, so I logged off and went back on. it said "please wait, verifying character" like usual. but it was taking longer than normal. then it said " unable to enter game" or something like that. some help would be nice. I don't really want to start over with a new character. please help.
My character's name is Lucas Yellowfish, if it helps you fix my problem

Administrator
To those who have experienced this problem in the past or are now encountering this issue, did this issue happen after logging out while the screen between zones was showing (aka the Transition screen that shows Boochbeard and Gandry)?

Ensign
Aug 22, 2010
Yes, it happened to me while in the transition screen

Ensign
Aug 22, 2010
lucas yellowfish on Mar 17, 2014 wrote:
Ok well, its working fine now. It's letting me go everywhere again. Thanks for the help anyway

Ensign
Nov 01, 2012
One-Eyed Jack on Mar 19, 2014 wrote:
To those who have experienced this problem in the past or are now encountering this issue, did this issue happen after logging out while the screen between zones was showing (aka the Transition screen that shows Boochbeard and Gandry)?
Yes. I've noticed it usually occurs when playing on the Avery server. It may be a good idea for those who are experiencing this problem to change realms. I've found it helps.

Administrator
lucas yellowfish on Mar 20, 2014 wrote:
Ok well, its working fine now. It's letting me go everywhere again. Thanks for the help anyway
You are welcome!

Once we found what we believed to be the root of the problem, we took the entire game down to make a special bug fix. As it says in that link: "Although we believe this update will generally fix the "Verifying Character...Please Wait" issue, if you do experience a stuck character as described after this update, please contact support@pirate101.com. We would like to get your character back in the skyways ASAP and investigate more as to what would be causing this issue for you."