Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The "That Was Yesterday" Quest complaint

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 19, 2009
I'm currently on the "That Was Yesterday" quest in MooShu where you have to defeat a Inoshishi bandit for a key. I battled them several times; winning each time, and I did not get the key. I'm still currently stuck on the mission. If you know the answer to this problem, please reply.

Gunner's Mate
Jun 27, 2013
I agree. It took me an hour and a half to get it. And after getting it, you have to fight more. Even though I am eight levels above average, it took forever to get it. Here are some tips, from my experience, to get a better chance of getting it:

- Beg to KI, like the time I begged for the armadillo. I believe that this worked. It was that battle where I got it.
- Do it alone.

Golden Chris Silver - Level 56

Petty Officer
Jul 25, 2013
there is no problem, it is just chance, you get it or you dont, i took me one fight to get it lol

Bosun
Jan 02, 2012
I think KI actually raised the drop rate for that key in a previous update already. I spent over a week on one of my pirates trying to get that key. It is still a big milestone in the game, like the bumbaloons, but both used to be worse.

Lieutenant
Jan 19, 2014
Row4n412 on Mar 4, 2014 wrote:
I think KI actually raised the drop rate for that key in a previous update already. I spent over a week on one of my pirates trying to get that key. It is still a big milestone in the game, like the bumbaloons, but both used to be worse.
A week? What a pain.

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
Go for the ones near the cave, I found that much easier

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
Same thing here, Collecting quests are becoming unforgiving as of late. I hate to say this but collecting quests in both pirate101 and wizard101 are unforgivably unfair lately,espically in Moo Shu. No offense,but that is how i feel also.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Monkrinx2024 on Mar 21, 2014 wrote:
Same thing here, Collecting quests are becoming unforgiving as of late. I hate to say this but collecting quests in both pirate101 and wizard101 are unforgivably unfair lately,espically in Moo Shu. No offense,but that is how i feel also.
I am confused. What is so unfair about it? Fairness denotes a breaking of the rules, what rules are being broken? Just because it is a challenge or it takes some time has nothing to do with fairness. It's just a challenge and it is designed to be. Life is full of challenges and why should our games be any different? In fact it is the challenges that draw me to a game. To not be challenged to me is very boring. Just boring, not unfair. Not liking something has nothing to do with fairness. We all have our right to our opinion and that's ok, but to blame the game and call it unfair because you don't wish to be challenged sees a little unfair to me.

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Mar 21, 2014 wrote:
I am confused. What is so unfair about it? Fairness denotes a breaking of the rules, what rules are being broken? Just because it is a challenge or it takes some time has nothing to do with fairness. It's just a challenge and it is designed to be. Life is full of challenges and why should our games be any different? In fact it is the challenges that draw me to a game. To not be challenged to me is very boring. Just boring, not unfair. Not liking something has nothing to do with fairness. We all have our right to our opinion and that's ok, but to blame the game and call it unfair because you don't wish to be challenged sees a little unfair to me.
For some people like me, I get it in half an hour. For other people, they take 8 hours of constant repetitive and annoying fighting, and for some others it may take as long as a week, and heck I would hate it if it took longer. This is not farming for an uber rare piece of gear like the generals armatura, this is the storyline. This is supposed to take 1 hour max, and not endless hours. I don't know whats up with this quest. Of course in general you are right, "collecting quests" do take time and are not really unfair. It's just that this is an odd quest, with what seems like a 5% chance of getting the key. It is not really a challenge (a challenge in my terms is a hard boss fight that requires intellect and strategy to fight a cunning opponent, where the odds of winning solely depend on metal ability and quick thinking under a time limit, where the moves and possibilities are endless, where success has only a few paths that can be navigated under perfection and precision).

A challenge is not endless hours staring at a computer screen, hoping to get a key to progress to the next chapter of the storyline.

A true challenge, which only a few brilliantly gifted pirates have done, is to do the Fort Bassest Quest at Level 52 or below, without the aid of anyone except themselves. Even with an ally like Nausica, this fight is intense. Massive strategic respect to those who have done this.

This will be my last post for a while since I have a math exam , until then farewell.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Golden Guardian on Mar 23, 2014 wrote:
For some people like me, I get it in half an hour. For other people, they take 8 hours of constant repetitive and annoying fighting, and for some others it may take as long as a week, and heck I would hate it if it took longer. This is not farming for an uber rare piece of gear like the generals armatura, this is the storyline. This is supposed to take 1 hour max, and not endless hours. I don't know whats up with this quest. Of course in general you are right, "collecting quests" do take time and are not really unfair. It's just that this is an odd quest, with what seems like a 5% chance of getting the key. It is not really a challenge (a challenge in my terms is a hard boss fight that requires intellect and strategy to fight a cunning opponent, where the odds of winning solely depend on metal ability and quick thinking under a time limit, where the moves and possibilities are endless, where success has only a few paths that can be navigated under perfection and precision).

A challenge is not endless hours staring at a computer screen, hoping to get a key to progress to the next chapter of the storyline.

A true challenge, which only a few brilliantly gifted pirates have done, is to do the Fort Bassest Quest at Level 52 or below, without the aid of anyone except themselves. Even with an ally like Nausica, this fight is intense. Massive strategic respect to those who have done this.

This will be my last post for a while since I have a math exam , until then farewell.
So true, about a challenge. Your description of Fort Bassett as one really resonated with me as my primarary character ( a Swashbuckler ) had to attempt the boss battle at least four times, but I finally won!

Captain
May 16, 2011

Agreed, I soloed Fort Basset on my own, with a certain Level 52 Swashie named Clever Liam Zest. Boy, was it a challenge.

Petty Officer
Feb 29, 2012

Thanks for calling me brilliantly gifted. Fort Basset is hard. Took me and my sis 5 tries to get it. Don't know if we were level 52 or not but that is hard. I had trouble with the key, it took like 15 battles, but my sis got it in one try. I heard one person saying "I'm going to scream so loud if i don't get this key" Fix the key problem, Kings Isle.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
PRIVATEERJACK10 on Mar 29, 2014 wrote:
Thanks for calling me brilliantly gifted. Fort Basset is hard. Took me and my sis 5 tries to get it. Don't know if we were level 52 or not but that is hard. I had trouble with the key, it took like 15 battles, but my sis got it in one try. I heard one person saying "I'm going to scream so loud if i don't get this key" Fix the key problem, Kings Isle.
I don't think it is a "Problem" any more. They have adjusted the drop rate but it is still supposed to be a rite of passage for Mooshu, at least that's how I looked at it. On some I had to do more battles than I can count and one I got the first battle and one was around 10th. Ya just never know, it is supposed to be a chance roll.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Mar 30, 2014 wrote:
I don't think it is a "Problem" any more. They have adjusted the drop rate but it is still supposed to be a rite of passage for Mooshu, at least that's how I looked at it. On some I had to do more battles than I can count and one I got the first battle and one was around 10th. Ya just never know, it is supposed to be a chance roll.
Sorry slight correction, the drop rate has not yet been adjusted but will be on the upcoming update, thanks to some helpful info from our beloved One-Eyed Jack.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
indeed i actually stopped playing pirate101 because of that quest this was before the easier update make sure u dont quit on that quest
and fort basset sounds scary i must face it soon lol

Ensign
Sep 15, 2013
I didn't really have a problem with getting the key. However, I do have a problem with the Bandit Cave. How the heck are you supposed to defeat three sorcerers that are all level 49 when I am only a level 40 Swashbuckler? Unless I'm going in the wrong place, which I highly doubt, because you first have to fight some Inoshishi mobs that are your level. Am I doing something wrong??

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Fallon Nightingale on Jun 14, 2014 wrote:
I didn't really have a problem with getting the key. However, I do have a problem with the Bandit Cave. How the heck are you supposed to defeat three sorcerers that are all level 49 when I am only a level 40 Swashbuckler? Unless I'm going in the wrong place, which I highly doubt, because you first have to fight some Inoshishi mobs that are your level. Am I doing something wrong??
Hi Fallon, welcome to the message boards. Some quests you have to put on the back burner until you are strong enough for them. Also to give you time to make sure your companions are trained up enough. That is a good one to do with others for if you have three friends with you, you will outnumber the bad guys.

Ensign
Sep 15, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jun 15, 2014 wrote:
Hi Fallon, welcome to the message boards. Some quests you have to put on the back burner until you are strong enough for them. Also to give you time to make sure your companions are trained up enough. That is a good one to do with others for if you have three friends with you, you will outnumber the bad guys.
Thanks for the advice! I accidentally tried that tactic before you posted your response, and it worked. Now I'm not stuck anymore! Oh, and I think the drop rate was upped again, because I got my key in three tries. Maybe it's just luck... happy pirating anyway!
-Fallon Nightingale

Lieutenant
May 19, 2013
I had this problem to but the answers simple follow the arrow to the exact spot don't knock it till u try it