Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

A couple of minor glitches?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 11, 2014
Hello!

I've been playing for a short while now, and I've begun to notice a few things here and there. I'll do my best to try and list the things I can remember.

During the quest 'Welcome to the Jungle' :
At the stage where you are to defeat the Armada captain Optimus Caerulus in the Plundered Tunnels, I was able to enter combat with him before the dialog opened (being unaware I should wait for one) necessitating me to defeat him twice likely because the quest stage didn't advance. Not particularly inconvenient, but still a bug. I was unable to verify this bug could be consistently duplicated as it is a storyline quest. In case it is relevant, I think I had snuck past the captain, and attacked him from the opposite direction from which it would have been expected for you to travel.

During the quest 'Into the Fire' :
While battling Chumba Wumba at the top of the Volcano, I used the ability Mighty Charge to smash a tiki totem that was just outside my reach. However, this did not cause the same result as clicking on it, as the totem was not listed as being destroyed but could not be destroyed again properly. I was thus trapped in an eternal battle with the boss which eventually forced me to flee. On the plus side, I knocked him down enough to want to watch the music video again. This is a rather inconvenient one as it's a minor pain to have to run back up the mountain. The bug seems not to be just me, though, as I found somebody else has mentioned it, so I thought it worth corroborating.
ref - https://www.pirate101.com/forum/the-bilge-pump/mighty-charge-breaks-volcanios-8ad6a417440156c101444615b8074695

During the quest 'Cursed!' :
The quest worked properly, from start to finish, but instead of a character portrait and name for Cursed Saplings, I saw a dummy portrait with the caption 'UnitNames.000003...' (it was truncated, but I think the next digit was also '0'). This remained true until I had finished the quest, but I was unable to verify it as repeatable since it could only be done once. In hindsight, I should have backed entirely out of the client and re-loaded, and I don't think I did that, but I do recall neither changing zones nor backing out to the character screen would correct it.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 12, 2010
Dalonin on Feb 22, 2014 wrote:
Hello!

I've been playing for a short while now, and I've begun to notice a few things here and there. I'll do my best to try and list the things I can remember.

At the stage where you are to defeat the Armada captain Optimus Caerulus in the Plundered Tunnels, I was able to enter combat with him before the dialog opened (being unaware I should wait for one) necessitating me to defeat him twice likely because the quest stage didn't advance. Not particularly inconvenient, but still a bug. I was unable to verify this bug could be consistently duplicated as it is a storyline quest. In case it is relevant, I think I had snuck past the captain, and attacked him from the opposite direction from which it would have been expected for you to travel.

While battling Chumba Wumba at the top of the Volcano, I used the ability Mighty Charge to smash a tiki totem that was just outside my reach. However, this did not cause the same result as clicking on it, as the totem was not listed as being destroyed but could not be destroyed again properly. I was thus trapped in an eternal battle with the boss which eventually forced me to flee. On the plus side, I knocked him down enough to want to watch the music video again. This is a rather inconvenient one as it's a minor pain to have to run back up the mountain. The bug seems not to be just me, though, as I found somebody else has mentioned it, so I thought it worth corroborating.
ref - https://www.pirate101.com/forum/the-bilge-pump/mighty-charge-breaks-volcanios-8ad6a417440156c101444615b8074695

The quest worked properly, from start to finish, but instead of a character portrait and name for Cursed Saplings, I saw a dummy portrait with the caption 'UnitNames.000003...' (it was truncated, but I think the next digit was also '0'). This remained true until I had finished the quest, but I was unable to verify it as repeatable since it could only be done once. In hindsight, I should have backed entirely out of the client and re-loaded, and I don't think I did that, but I do recall neither changing zones nor backing out to the character screen would correct it.
Yes yes, some of these have also happened to me.

Gunner's Mate
Jun 27, 2013
One-eyed Jack said in another topic that there is always a bug when you use powers on a tiki idol. He said don't use powers on it, just regular attacks.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Dalonin on Feb 22, 2014 wrote:
Hello!

Welcome to the message boards Dalonin . You really have a great eye for detail and a great memory. With people like you helping with the quality control this game is going to soon be so shipshape it will squeak.

Ensign
Feb 11, 2014
RyeKishatu - I must have missed that one! Thanks for letting me know. My point, however, was that if you can do something that breaks the intention of the game, it's still a bug, regardless of whether people are aware of the workaround or not--I was not :) Our feedback on bugs can be very useful to their developers (I'm a software developer).

Thanks Chrissy! :)