Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Destroying ships

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Apr 27, 2012
The manual says that if I destroy a ship, I get something different from winning while boarding. I destroyed two ships and got nothing . All I see is wreckage without any chests. If I go near the wreckage, nothing happens. What am I doing wrong? What happens if we win by destroying the ship instead of winning while boarding;.

Ensign
Dec 02, 2012
sandy20850 on Feb 22, 2014 wrote:
The manual says that if I destroy a ship, I get something different from winning while boarding. I destroyed two ships and got nothing . All I see is wreckage without any chests. If I go near the wreckage, nothing happens. What am I doing wrong? What happens if we win by destroying the ship instead of winning while boarding;.
if you win by destroying the ship, the wreckage is the gold or item you get for destroying the ship. if you board you get more gold and clothes

Captain
May 13, 2011
let me explain the pros of boarding or sinking directly

if you chose the board, you fight like you should be used to. if you win a battle after boarding, chests will drop like normal. once you get all the chests or time runs out, you return to your ship and continue sailing

if you choose to sink the ship, you can salvage whats left of it. you will get money and/or ship equipment. remember: you get nautical xp once you sink the ship, but you need to touch the wreckage to claim the loot. dont worry if someone else claims it. you get a share of the loot if you contributed to the fighting

Petty Officer
Apr 27, 2012
Gunner's Mate
Jun 27, 2013
Sometimes you get ship equipment. Maybe you weren't close enough to the ship wreckage because I know that they hold coins. I don't know why nothing happens though.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
When you see the wreckage floating, take your ship over to it and drive right through it. You will hear a sound effect to let you know you connected correctly and you will see in the text box what your prize was. Sometimes it is gold only and a lot of times it is a piece of ship equipment. If you do get one it will show up at the top of your screen for a few seconds and you can hover your mouse over it to see it's stats. After it goes away and you want to look some more you can click on the ship icon the comes down when you put your mouse at the top of the screen and a list will drop down and the title at the top is whatever your newest prize is or you can hit letter ' E ' to open ship parts section and look on the last page to see your newest acquisitions.

If you board you will still win your nautical xp at the end of the battle, just not as much. By boarding you can win clothing and weapons or other wearable things from the baddies you fight. There are some bosses in ships out there that have some amazing things to drop for you so boarding them is really the best way to get stuff. Boss ships have their name in white letters, so if it is a boss, try both ways several times, their drops are always better than anyone elses, they just may be a little more rare drops so you may have to do it several times to get a goodie. When you sink some of them you can get ship parts that cannot be bought anywhere, and are as good as or even better than anything in the crown shop. There is one particular boss in Cool Ranch that I boarded for three days to get a particular drop he was known for. I got an armadillo pet and 2 golden stingtails from him for good measure. When you get to Cool Ranch look for The Midnight Bandit and remember him as a good source for deck battle goodies.

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2012
Nothing happens when you go near the wreckage? You should be able to get some gold from it. If not, it could be a glitch.

Bosun
Jan 02, 2012
You get ship parts as well as some gold when you sink a ship in broadside combat. Like gear, parts don't drop every fight. Fortunately all ship parts are auctionable, so you can get any except the rarest, highest level parts in the bazaar. When you get to the highest level world, you will need to farm the boss ships there for the top parts, or buy them for crowns.

First Mate
May 01, 2012
After defeating an enemy ship, move your ship into the debris left behind (usually a pile of floating boxes and wood planks). This is the only way to pick up the Gold and, sometimes (not all the time), Ship Equipment. The drop rate appears to be random. It does appear that if you have two or more Pirates attacking one ship, the drop rate gets better and, sometimes, you get an excellent piece of equipment. It does seem that the harder the ship is to defeat, the better the drops. When you first click on an enemy ship, the name of the Ship you are attacking along with who Captains the ship, what type of ship it is, and the Health of the enemy ship appears at the top of the screen. On this display to the far left is a number in a circle. This number is supposed to show approximately the level of the ship. The higher the number, the higher the experience (and hopefully loot) gained when you defeat it.

If you don't board the enemy ship and they don't board you, you get Gold and, sometimes, Ship Equipment. When you board (or are boarded by the enemy) and you defeat the enemy, you get Gold and, sometimes, Equipment for your Pirate and/or Housing Items. You can either use the loot or sell it at the Bazaar or a Vendor for Gold.