Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

do privateers need nerfs?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 28, 2013
i saw a post saying privateers need a nerf and stuff like that -. - then it went to everyone needs a superior healing spell so my question is does every class need to become there class/ privateer its like giving everyone assasin's strike or musketeers bombs or summon skeletons( all of them) ect.

the question is do you think they need a nerf or not

witty logan quick 65 privateer (this may be a bad post because i'm privateer

Ensign
Jul 21, 2013
I for one, say NO! privateers do NOT need to get nerfed. Though they are one of the more powerful classes, especially in PVP, they are weak in quite a few ways, and people just need to learn how to exploit them. K.I. has balanced the classes pretty well, some can beat some, but not others. Also, privateers have a pretty rough time soloing, especially with fights like Tyson and the spiders in the buck bronco cave. So this is my opinion, and no-one needs to agree with it, I just don't think they need to get nerfed.

Gunner's Mate
Aug 08, 2010
privateerking on Feb 5, 2014 wrote:
i saw a post saying privateers need a nerf and stuff like that -. - then it went to everyone needs a superior healing spell so my question is does every class need to become there class/ privateer its like giving everyone assasin's strike or musketeers bombs or summon skeletons( all of them) ect.

No, they don't need a nerf. I'm not a privateer, i have a max swashbuckler and witchdoctor and i've had no problem defeating privateers. They're considered "nerfable" or "op" because they:
Heal. This isn't actually that bad, if you think about it. They've got 6 heals (3 group, 3 single and 2 have a healing over time). The first group heal refresh is quite weak actually, and the other group heals heal roughly 200-350 health each. The first single heal heals around 400-500 health if you're lucky, the second heals the same amount but has a heal over time of about 120-130. The last heal deals around 500 health, in rare non critical occasions i've seen it do 600, with healing over time at 240-260. They only have six heals, and now that swashbucklers can prevent healing they'd only use those 3 weaker group heals.
2: They shield. This is really taken to the extreme. People've been complaining that the valor's armor card is overpowered, it's really not. I've dropped it in one turn with El Toro's epic critical and a relentless, so it shields on average 1,200 damage, which is really not a lot. However stacking Valor's fortress gets REALLY annoying, especially when they do it on Nausica and have her demolish your team whilst you frantically try and take her out.
3. They buff, which is actually quite overpowering. The solution to beating buff-stackers is to rush in and kill them before they buff up. Privateers have it hardest, they have such a sheer large amount of buffs so they won't find exactly what they want when they want it. I find that killing the privateer first is great, focus on them with ranged units and have your Toro (you need him for the EDC) attack muskets so they wont dodge. Most of the time, privateers aren't using leviathans call or shields on themselves, they'd much rather use it on their nausica, that's their downfall. Once he shields another companion, it's easy to take the privy out. When the privateer's out, they can't buff or heal or shield companions, so the match is basically won.
No, privateers do not need a nerf.

Merciless Jean Percy, 65
Merciless Jack Ramsey, 65
Merciless Cass Spencer, 23

Ensign
Jul 02, 2009
I personally believe that privateers need a nerf and have a father advancement in their powers. I am a swashbuckler and its annoying not being able to give a good duel the way how its supposed to be played. I just hope that all classes get the even respect they need to take down privateers. Samuel Walker lvl 65, Kai Wright lvl 57.

Petty Officer
Mar 15, 2013
Theres been allot of these threads and Ki would have change something by now, if it was needed. But... if they did well we would be the worst class in the game. Our buffs is what make us powerful and other than that our stats and everything are bad. So the only thing Ki would nerf is our buffs and that would make us a terrible terrible class... Right now I see enough people beating privateers how it is. Every class is balanced (in my opinion at least) I do not think they need a nerf. But I agree with what your saying. Its taking a classes major ability and giving it away to everyone (privateers main buff healing) So they'd be wouldn't be unique Like whats the point being a privateer if you could get the same buffs and more with like musketeer or something right? It would make privateer un unique and a useless class giving its buffs away to people.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009
Yeah, Privateers are good enough as is. My own Privateer easily breezed the entire game solo. I have gear for general battles and gear for solo battles, each set covering the weaknesses that the enemy may exploit. Here's another thread that also had people talking about how "OP" Privy are. If you're interested, you can read some of the replies.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
As Ratbeard said before "We will nerf when it is warranted"

Ensign
Jun 28, 2013
DeathWiz101378 on Feb 5, 2014 wrote:
No, they don't need a nerf. I'm not a privateer, i have a max swashbuckler and witchdoctor and i've had no problem defeating privateers. They're considered "nerfable" or "op" because they:
Heal. This isn't actually that bad, if you think about it. They've got 6 heals (3 group, 3 single and 2 have a healing over time). The first group heal refresh is quite weak actually, and the other group heals heal roughly 200-350 health each. The first single heal heals around 400-500 health if you're lucky, the second heals the same amount but has a heal over time of about 120-130. The last heal deals around 500 health, in rare non critical occasions i've seen it do 600, with healing over time at 240-260. They only have six heals, and now that swashbucklers can prevent healing they'd only use those 3 weaker group heals.
2: They shield. This is really taken to the extreme. People've been complaining that the valor's armor card is overpowered, it's really not. I've dropped it in one turn with El Toro's epic critical and a relentless, so it shields on average 1,200 damage, which is really not a lot. However stacking Valor's fortress gets REALLY annoying, especially when they do it on Nausica and have her demolish your team whilst you frantically try and take her out.
3. They buff, which is actually quite overpowering. The solution to beating buff-stackers is to rush in and kill them before they buff up. Privateers have it hardest, they have such a sheer large amount of buffs so they won't find exactly what they want when they want it. I find that killing the privateer first is great, focus on them with ranged units and have your Toro (you need him for the EDC) attack muskets so they wont dodge. Most of the time, privateers aren't using leviathans call or shields on themselves, they'd much rather use it on their nausica, that's their downfall. Once he shields another companion, it's easy to take the privy out. When the privateer's out, they can't buff or heal or shield companions, so the match is basically won.
No, privateers do not need a nerf.

Merciless Jean Percy, 65
Merciless Jack Ramsey, 65
Merciless Cass Spencer, 23
yea i can get my group heal to a thousand find ways to boost WILL

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
That's enough! I'm tired of people suggesting that when something is difficult in this game that it's the programmer's job to nerf it, remove it, or otherwise make it easier. I am a solo player who loves this game and its story and I'm a privateer. I do not enjoy pvp and I don't do it often. Now I would be subject to a curtailing of my powers because some people can't win at pvp? Great now I won't be able to play the way I like.

This is a strategy game there will be times when opponents attack your party with a strategy involved. It doesn't matter if they are controlled by the players or by the game itself. It is up to the player to rise to the challenge and find a way to win even if you have to keep trying. It is okay to fail sometimes because through failure we learn how to become stronger. This is a game and you have the opportunity to try again. it is a good training ground for developing a don't give up attitude for the real world. if anything I would like the developers to make the game harder. Let's get out there and go pirating

Yarrr!!

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Ensign
Jun 28, 2013
DuranteRamses87 on Feb 6, 2014 wrote:
That's enough! I'm tired of people suggesting that when something is difficult in this game that it's the programmer's job to nerf it, remove it, or otherwise make it easier. I am a solo player who loves this game and its story and I'm a privateer. I do not enjoy pvp and I don't do it often. Now I would be subject to a curtailing of my powers because some people can't win at pvp? Great now I won't be able to play the way I like.

This is a strategy game there will be times when opponents attack your party with a strategy involved. It doesn't matter if they are controlled by the players or by the game itself. It is up to the player to rise to the challenge and find a way to win even if you have to keep trying. It is okay to fail sometimes because through failure we learn how to become stronger. This is a game and you have the opportunity to try again. it is a good training ground for developing a don't give up attitude for the real world. if anything I would like the developers to make the game harder. Let's get out there and go pirating

Yarrr!!

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
-. - maybe you should of read the topic before screaming it says DO YOU think it should be nerfed or not

i dont think it should be nerfed but that doesn't mean i can't see other peoples opinions i also soloed and it was easy i'd like them to make it harder to but i wanted to see other peoples opinions with all the talk about nerfing privateers ect.

Petty Officer
Apr 15, 2010

Yarrr!!

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
exactly *hands out yum to all the pirates who could get nerfed who don't pvp*

and besides if they DO nerf them make it pvp only so the people who don't pvp aren't punished.

Kai Sawkins

stay gold

Ensign
Feb 08, 2014
Privateers don't need any kind of nerf. Each class is good enough right now. If your asking for a nerf that means you are giving up. Instead of giving up think of new tactics, find ways to empower your own class. If something is hard, don't ask the developers, ask YOURSELF what to do. You can over come it.

Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
privateers are fine as they are, the only thing that may ever need adjusted would be how many times the same buffs would be allowed to stack (I suggest only once for identical cards)

Bosun
Feb 25, 2012

Yarrr!!

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
i cant deny that the game is easier as a privateer. in fact, it is way easier than using any of the other classes. so much easier, in fact, that once i started using a privateer rather than a swash, i had to stop because the fights were SO EASY. i get not wanting to be weaker, but us privateers are so strong it is ridiculous. my stats as a privateer almost match those of my swash, and both are maxed out with gear and level. the buffs make fights so laughably easy it is pointless, the shields make us all but invincible, and the heals are so abundant i actually have to intentionally let a companion die to lose one. i get that you ont want to be weaker, but honestly, you are so strong as a privateer you are almost being cheated out of what could be a challenging strategy game. now, i love KI as much as anyone, but unless somebody can put up a REAL argument and PROVE ME WRONG, i aint buying it.

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
Blixet on Apr 4, 2014 wrote:
i cant deny that the game is easier as a privateer. in fact, it is way easier than using any of the other classes. so much easier, in fact, that once i started using a privateer rather than a swash, i had to stop because the fights were SO EASY. i get not wanting to be weaker, but us privateers are so strong it is ridiculous. my stats as a privateer almost match those of my swash, and both are maxed out with gear and level. the buffs make fights so laughably easy it is pointless, the shields make us all but invincible, and the heals are so abundant i actually have to intentionally let a companion die to lose one. i get that you ont want to be weaker, but honestly, you are so strong as a privateer you are almost being cheated out of what could be a challenging strategy game. now, i love KI as much as anyone, but unless somebody can put up a REAL argument and PROVE ME WRONG, i aint buying it.
I will be honest. Privateers struggle in the first few levels. I have a privateer who is Lv 24. Every other class has stronger attack spells and stuff at this stage, whilst all I rely on is a decent critical spell, that is either excellent or rubbish. When things stuff up, like 40 heal rather than 250, and my guys don't critical, I find it hard.

So it seems to me that KI will show me love in the next few levels, with an invincibility shield, and woah I can even stack that with more fortresses! Actually that would make a companion invincible to hits, and I don't really want that too much. Perhaps if they don't stack it would be fair. I also think since I am weaker than other classes, I should get some acc/dodge buffs... And I do! Oh goodness me, I can stack them too! 125% Accuracy and 100% dodge, now with a Toro! But I just expected that it would not stack, but have a decent not too OP battle Zeal as me best boost. Also, my attacking is decent. I think I should get like 1 assassin strike or perhaps 2 at the most as a spare back up... but I have 5 available! Oh and I get another critical buff. Lets not talk about how I can use any companion better than an other class, because now I feel like King-Kong, whilst everyone is a monquistador.

Yep, privy do need love. But they don't need that much. Just stop the stacking of spells in my opinion. As a swashbuckler I feel ANGRY SAD AND DEPRIVED that I can't stack poisons, but hey that privateer can buff and stack his accuracy, dodge and damage over the roof and into an other galaxy far far away.

To privateers who think that the ability to NOT stack spells will make them puny, weak and rubbish, AS IF! Blah you can have 50% dodge and accuracy, but seriously do you need like 100%! No, you don't, and that is the answer. Not to mention after I work so hard to bring your health to 50%, you get 50% extra dodge. Do you need 5 assassin strikes because your hits are weak... AS IF! You already have the most powerful weapons and a TEAM critical spell, no wait... 2 TEAM critical spells (that can stack). Do you need to make a companion invincible? DO you need to stack a few valors fortress, minimising the damage taken to something like 40, and on top of that a spirit shield! NO WAY!

Oh and just saying, you guys have a lot of variations of spells that cant be farmed for. No one can access your acc/dodge buffs (save some puny ones that last for 5 rounds), no one can access your team criticals, no one can match up with you!

And just saying, KI, you make me as a swash feel less unique because heaps of what I have can be farmed for. Everyone can access my poisons, 2/3 of my hides, my gambit of steel, all my cool attack stuff like sneak attack and assassins strike, all the stuf I want to keep to my self because they make me unique! Only good thing I have that no one else has is my crit spell. And I am not the only class that feels like this.

I only think privy's are OP because they stack whilst the rest of us cant!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Golden Guardian on Apr 6, 2014 wrote:
I will be honest. Privateers struggle in the first few levels. I have a privateer who is Lv 24. Every other class has stronger attack spells and stuff at this stage, whilst all I rely on is a decent critical spell, that is either excellent or rubbish. When things stuff up, like 40 heal rather than 250, and my guys don't critical, I find it hard.

So it seems to me that KI will show me love in the next few levels, with an invincibility shield, and woah I can even stack that with more fortresses! Actually that would make a companion invincible to hits, and I don't really want that too much. Perhaps if they don't stack it would be fair. I also think since I am weaker than other classes, I should get some acc/dodge buffs... And I do! Oh goodness me, I can stack them too! 125% Accuracy and 100% dodge, now with a Toro! But I just expected that it would not stack, but have a decent not too OP battle Zeal as me best boost. Also, my attacking is decent. I think I should get like 1 assassin strike or perhaps 2 at the most as a spare back up... but I have 5 available! Oh and I get another critical buff. Lets not talk about how I can use any companion better than an other class, because now I feel like King-Kong, whilst everyone is a monquistador.

Yep, privy do need love. But they don't need that much. Just stop the stacking of spells in my opinion. As a swashbuckler I feel ANGRY SAD AND DEPRIVED that I can't stack poisons, but hey that privateer can buff and stack his accuracy, dodge and damage over the roof and into an other galaxy far far away.

To privateers who think that the ability to NOT stack spells will make them puny, weak and rubbish, AS IF! Blah you can have 50% dodge and accuracy, but seriously do you need like 100%! No, you don't, and that is the answer. Not to mention after I work so hard to bring your health to 50%, you get 50% extra dodge. Do you need 5 assassin strikes because your hits are weak... AS IF! You already have the most powerful weapons and a TEAM critical spell, no wait... 2 TEAM critical spells (that can stack). Do you need to make a companion invincible? DO you need to stack a few valors fortress, minimising the damage taken to something like 40, and on top of that a spirit shield! NO WAY!

Oh and just saying, you guys have a lot of variations of spells that cant be farmed for. No one can access your acc/dodge buffs (save some puny ones that last for 5 rounds), no one can access your team criticals, no one can match up with you!

And just saying, KI, you make me as a swash feel less unique because heaps of what I have can be farmed for. Everyone can access my poisons, 2/3 of my hides, my gambit of steel, all my cool attack stuff like sneak attack and assassins strike, all the stuf I want to keep to my self because they make me unique! Only good thing I have that no one else has is my crit spell. And I am not the only class that feels like this.

Completely agree with you Golden Guardian! If we could stack our poisons as well as our Backstab and assassin's strike, it would do a lot to balance our attacks against a Privy. I would also like to see our poisons reduce acc or dodge. As it is, we have almost no de-buffs available to us.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
Golden Guardian on Apr 6, 2014 wrote:

just stop the privy op thing its getting old, cant we all put this behind us and simply enjoy the UNRANKED PvP?

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
privateerking on Feb 5, 2014 wrote:

Just leave the classes the way they are. Each class has its strengths and weaknesses. If people are concerned about pvp (which is the only reason one class seems to complain about another) then they just have to keep trying different tactics until they come up with one that works. Any class can beat any other class. There is no one class that will always win. Privateers have been giving people problems lately but that's because that class is pretty well suited for pvp. Still, I came up with tactics for my Musketeer that works great against Privateers (and any other class really) I won't say what the tactic is exactly but if people hang around the pvp arenas and pay attention they will learn how to beat them. I will say that if people aren't farming for gear then they will never be in the top tier among those who like to pvp. You can't get by on just the powers and talents you learn from your class trainer and the other trainers. You gotta have a little something extra. There are places to go and see loot tables for all the bosses so that you can figure out who to farm for the gear you need. Okay...now having said that...I have maxed a Musketeer and a Swashbuckler and am almost there with a Witchdoctor but I got bored and started a Privateer and...WHEEE!!! They are a great class. I kinda wish I had started them first. It is a really fun class to play. Of course all the classes are all fun, but I am really enjoying the Privateer class.

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
zuto4011a on Apr 7, 2014 wrote:
just stop the privy op thing its getting old, cant we all put this behind us and simply enjoy the UNRANKED PvP?
There are 3 problems.

1.) Once you introduce something that the community widely accepts, you can not take it back. If the government banned cigarettes or something, the whole world would be better. But every single government can not ban it now, because it is too big an issue and widely accepted We cannot remove PvP, because too many people do it! Sure there are the folk that dont PvP, but there are also the pirates that DO! And since PvP will 99.99% not be removed, the pirates that do PvP demand balance.

2.) Privateers are OP. The rest of us cant move on and just accept this issue. Every time we get thwacked we get irritated and feel treated unfairly, despite our hard effort farming. Heck, you need to farm for excellent gear just to beat a privateer with NO GEAR! Is there a counter to 125% acc and 100% dodge! NO! Many players have stated enough reasons why Privateers are OP, and considering they are 1/5 classes, whilst everyone else represents 4/5 angry classes, I deem it unfair.

3.) Anyone else see a musketeer is OP thread? Or a witch is OP? Or a swash or buck is OP thread? Rarely, and that was usually before the MBAQ update. Its all privateers OP! Yeah that sums it up that a vast majority of people only complain that a privy is OP, and considering they come from different classes, the argument is even more solid.

I am still not fond of the stacking principal. I wish KI would reduce that, because Privateers get massive stats after boosts. MASSIVE stats! Seriously debuffing makes them normal! from like 125% accuracy I bring it down to -5%

I am sick and tired of fighting a privateer, because they just spam thier buffs, and since KI has no proper counter, I just dont fight a privateer.

I am a privateer too, and I am gonna feel guilty once I level Silver Boris Silver equips those 3 assassin strikes and those valor's fortress I already have for him... Why do I feel a bit guilty, because I am stronger than anyone else, save the next privy!

I do agree with you, this OP talk is sickening. Thus they should make it even.

In my next post I will state why I can easily defeat a class other than a privateer.

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
As a swashbuckler I can defeat any other class save a Privateer. Here is what I do:

WitchDoctor:
Well, these guys are sneaky, and I probably wont beat one who has excellent gear. I could but it would be hard. When I am up against a witch doctor I counter thier Juju's with infinte range Sky Spirits. I tend to possess a musketeer and swashbuckler team to use the agility boost wisely. I usually let thier companions come up, because witch doctors usually send companions up front. Over here I make them faint with a team hide and some rough damage. I then kill the witch doctor. I also don't bunch guys up.

Buccaneer:
These guys are great lethal machines once they stack those Levi's. But they dont possess a decent companion buff, unless they are going all buccaneer, which I never see. I usually would follow thier principal, and make my self lethal with defense buffs. After they use thier long range attacks I hide and do nothing. Then once thier buff's have gone, I end them.

Musketeer:
These guys are hard. With all thier traps and stuff, it would be tough. I have my agility boosts to match up with thiers. I usually charge at them with some armor spells, and they waste traps, and I go back and wait for the traps to vanish (some dont have a time limit though, buts its not a big deal). They are a hard class, I lose more than I win against these guys. But it's still fair. My Hide wont work though, but there are other ways.

Swashbuckler:
Dont need to go over this.

Privateer:
I cant. I just cant. Even with 250% agility they always hit and always dodge. I cant keep them at bay, they charge at me! I hide, they barrage. They bombard me with critcal ripostes. I can not even hit a low dodge old scratch. And on top of that they have those heals and valors fortress, so any damage I create is easily countered. I then die by thier assassin strikes, which is MY spell. Why KI why?!?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Spiral Cowboy on Apr 7, 2014 wrote:
Just leave the classes the way they are. Each class has its strengths and weaknesses. If people are concerned about pvp (which is the only reason one class seems to complain about another) then they just have to keep trying different tactics until they come up with one that works. Any class can beat any other class. There is no one class that will always win. Privateers have been giving people problems lately but that's because that class is pretty well suited for pvp. Still, I came up with tactics for my Musketeer that works great against Privateers (and any other class really) I won't say what the tactic is exactly but if people hang around the pvp arenas and pay attention they will learn how to beat them. I will say that if people aren't farming for gear then they will never be in the top tier among those who like to pvp. You can't get by on just the powers and talents you learn from your class trainer and the other trainers. You gotta have a little something extra. There are places to go and see loot tables for all the bosses so that you can figure out who to farm for the gear you need. Okay...now having said that...I have maxed a Musketeer and a Swashbuckler and am almost there with a Witchdoctor but I got bored and started a Privateer and...WHEEE!!! They are a great class. I kinda wish I had started them first. It is a really fun class to play. Of course all the classes are all fun, but I am really enjoying the Privateer class.
The solution should never be: 'farm more'. A great deal of luck is required to get those wonderful extras, some get them easily, others have more trouble. It's way too random. Your reaction to the privateer class when you made one just proves my and Golden Guardian's point: privateers are op in any situation. I'm not for nerfing, just make my powers what they should be, give me that 'level playing field.'

Petty Officer
Mar 15, 2013
Golden Guardian on Apr 7, 2014 wrote:
As a swashbuckler I can defeat any other class save a Privateer. Here is what I do:

WitchDoctor:
Well, these guys are sneaky, and I probably wont beat one who has excellent gear. I could but it would be hard. When I am up against a witch doctor I counter thier Juju's with infinte range Sky Spirits. I tend to possess a musketeer and swashbuckler team to use the agility boost wisely. I usually let thier companions come up, because witch doctors usually send companions up front. Over here I make them faint with a team hide and some rough damage. I then kill the witch doctor. I also don't bunch guys up.

Buccaneer:
These guys are great lethal machines once they stack those Levi's. But they dont possess a decent companion buff, unless they are going all buccaneer, which I never see. I usually would follow thier principal, and make my self lethal with defense buffs. After they use thier long range attacks I hide and do nothing. Then once thier buff's have gone, I end them.

Musketeer:
These guys are hard. With all thier traps and stuff, it would be tough. I have my agility boosts to match up with thiers. I usually charge at them with some armor spells, and they waste traps, and I go back and wait for the traps to vanish (some dont have a time limit though, buts its not a big deal). They are a hard class, I lose more than I win against these guys. But it's still fair. My Hide wont work though, but there are other ways.

Swashbuckler:
Dont need to go over this.

Privateer:
I cant. I just cant. Even with 250% agility they always hit and always dodge. I cant keep them at bay, they charge at me! I hide, they barrage. They bombard me with critcal ripostes. I can not even hit a low dodge old scratch. And on top of that they have those heals and valors fortress, so any damage I create is easily countered. I then die by thier assassin strikes, which is MY spell. Why KI why?!?
Privateers aren't op I see them get beat Constantly... The rest of the classes in the description are pretty accurate and describe what the class revolves around. But when you talk about privateer... Its really full of hate and your problem with them. I'm a privateer and let me give you some tips on them. 1# USE toro No doubt you need him, Your other companions need to be musketeers Then the only thing they can overpower you with is a zeal. Which isn't to bad. 2# You need a damage protect of some sort It will make you a hard target I recommend a levy call. 3# If you have damage protect and gallant defense If you have your companions surrounding you WITH damage protection They are forced to attack the one with damage protection while your companions are doing damage and taking no damage. 4# One of the most important... CATCH them off guard! They wont have time to buff and they will be scrambling for their correct cards. 5# Hiding is hard make sure they use their stuff like Bonnies attack and what other AOE attacks they have Once you hide they cant do anything about it. And if you do catch them off guard they will have to sacrifice a chance to get a buff To force your hidden off. I hope some of this stuff helps if you wanna meet me in game I can maybe help some more. Just tell me! Ps This mostly applies to swashbucklers.

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
Pickletastik on Apr 7, 2014 wrote:
Privateers aren't op I see them get beat Constantly... The rest of the classes in the description are pretty accurate and describe what the class revolves around. But when you talk about privateer... Its really full of hate and your problem with them. I'm a privateer and let me give you some tips on them. 1# USE toro No doubt you need him, Your other companions need to be musketeers Then the only thing they can overpower you with is a zeal. Which isn't to bad. 2# You need a damage protect of some sort It will make you a hard target I recommend a levy call. 3# If you have damage protect and gallant defense If you have your companions surrounding you WITH damage protection They are forced to attack the one with damage protection while your companions are doing damage and taking no damage. 4# One of the most important... CATCH them off guard! They wont have time to buff and they will be scrambling for their correct cards. 5# Hiding is hard make sure they use their stuff like Bonnies attack and what other AOE attacks they have Once you hide they cant do anything about it. And if you do catch them off guard they will have to sacrifice a chance to get a buff To force your hidden off. I hope some of this stuff helps if you wanna meet me in game I can maybe help some more. Just tell me! Ps This mostly applies to swashbucklers.
Very interesting idea using gallant defence stacked with protection! I will do it, it is great advice! Btw I don't hate privateers, I just hate going against them... but hey most people do... One of my best in-game friends whom you guys dont know about is a privateer. But still I do not enjoy having him kick me everytime I PvP.