Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The war between Marleybone and Valencia

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Jan 18, 2011
I get the whole idea behind it, but there's something that's bothering me .....

If this war have been recorded into some textbook written on the history of the spiral, what would they call it? Every war that happens always have some sort of name that its famous for like World war two and the seven days war, so what would we call this particular war whenever we pull it to conversation?

In my opinion, I think the war between marleybone and valencia would be called "The war of engines" or "The steel and bone war". I'm looking for someone else to pitch in (Maybe a staff member of KingsIsle .... can we ask Blind mew?) or anyone at all. give me your best idea

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
winter goddess on Jan 24, 2014 wrote:

If this war have been recorded into some textbook written on the history of the spiral, what would they call it? Every war that happens always have some sort of name that its famous for like World war two and the seven days war, so what would we call this particular war whenever we pull it to conversation?

In my opinion, I think the war between marleybone and valencia would be called "The war of engines" or "The steel and bone war". I'm looking for someone else to pitch in (Maybe a staff member of KingsIsle .... can we ask Blind mew?) or anyone at all. give me your best idea
Well I would love to call it the Pirates Folly War but that would reveal who started the whole thing and make life very unpleasant for us pirates.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Jealous war that's what I think marleybone are jealous of valencias beautiful architecture

Bosun
Jan 02, 2012
winter goddess on Jan 24, 2014 wrote:

Now is too early in the game for the participants to guess what history will call this war. I could be over fairly soon (doubtful), or it could drag out and involve so many worlds that the Polarian War will look like a skirmish by comparison. The winners (survivors, at least) write history (his story). Valencia may come to call this the "Armada War" if we win, or "Eradication of Piracy" if they win. I could see them never admitting it as a war, because Kane wants remain in a constant state of war to maintain power and execute his "Grand Design". Ultimately, unless the war does damage in Valencia, it will never be real to the people in Valencia anyway.
If all or most of the major players in the "First Polarian War" get dragged into this conflict, most participants may dub this the "Second Polarian War", especially if a lot of the major fighting happens in Polaris. If the importance of El Dorado becomes generally known it could even become the "El Dorado War", or "The End of Home Rule in The Spiral".

Lieutenant
Jan 18, 2011
Ronan, look you can't go saying that this isn't a good idea. Besides, they already called the war in Monquista the Monquistan civil war. plus there also the trojan war we end up helping to end in aquila so i making this a big deal. We should come up with a name since so far it's mostly marleybone (allies with rajah) and Valencia (allies with mooshu). So far no other nation is getting into this so I say we call it the "Engineers' war"

Plus, they would never call it the armada war since this too focus on both worlds. it have to be with the armada themselves to count.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
How, about we call it the "Clockwork Aggression" since the actual war was started by the Armada.
I mean, yes we did create the correct atmosphere that allowed the war to begin, but the Armada and Marleybone don't seem to know that we were the one of the main causes of the war.

Petty Officer
Feb 29, 2012
winter goddess on Jan 28, 2014 wrote:
Ronan, look you can't go saying that this isn't a good idea. Besides, they already called the war in Monquista the Monquistan civil war. plus there also the trojan war we end up helping to end in aquila so i making this a big deal. We should come up with a name since so far it's mostly marleybone (allies with rajah) and Valencia (allies with mooshu). So far no other nation is getting into this so I say we call it the "Engineers' war"

Plus, they would never call it the armada war since this too focus on both worlds. it have to be with the armada themselves to count.
Rajah? Is that some kind of new world? Actually, there is probably a lot of worlds mentioned in the game that haven't came out.
  1. Darkmoor
  2. Krokotopia
  3. Polaris
  4. Grizzleheim
  5. and Rajah? Isn't that like were the tigers came from?
I don't know what to call it, actually

Captain
May 13, 2011
how about the war of marleybone? the war is dangerously close to the capital

Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009
I like to call it the pointless war, considering it was only started to free Napoleguin from his imprisonment.

Just my thoughts

Captain
May 13, 2011
Gruesome Richard on Feb 5, 2014 wrote:
I like to call it the pointless war, considering it was only started to free Napoleguin from his imprisonment.

Just my thoughts
what about mustang sally? el toro wouldnt be reunited with her if it wasnt for the war. still, i wouldnt risk that many lives just to break someone out of prison. catbeard. can you pass me your bowl of pickled herring? thanks *burns it*