Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

best two epic talents.

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 06, 2011
what does everyone think the best combination of epic talents? you can't really affect what epic talents you'll get but you can change tat in your companions. there are a lot of combinations obviously but I think for all the classes, these are the best combination
swashbuckler: riposte, relentless
buccaneer: vengeance strike, relentless
witch doctor: improved mojo blast, mojo echo
musketeer: quick adjust, burst fire
privateer: flanking, relentless
I've just found that these are good talents to combine, especially the bust fire, quick adjust combo because of the chance that you will hit again, and another chance if you miss either shot. has anyone else found good combos?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
iateaunicorn12 on Jan 11, 2014 wrote:
what does everyone think the best combination of epic talents? you can't really affect what epic talents you'll get but you can change tat in your companions. there are a lot of combinations obviously but I think for all the classes, these are the best combination
swashbuckler: riposte, relentless
buccaneer: vengeance strike, relentless
witch doctor: improved mojo blast, mojo echo
musketeer: quick adjust, burst fire
privateer: flanking, relentless
I've just found that these are good talents to combine, especially the bust fire, quick adjust combo because of the chance that you will hit again, and another chance if you miss either shot. has anyone else found good combos?
Nice thread. This should really generate some really great training tips from this great and diverse group.

Bosun
Jan 02, 2012
All epic talents are good. The more a comp. has, the better he is, imo. The epic system is reasonably balanced now, except that a number of tier 3 epics are still broken, IMO. I tend to be most partial to the ones that hit hardest and the ones that can hit any class of enemy. So, I agree with the OP in that I prefer Relentless/Burst Fire/Mojo Echo, because it fits both criteria. Like the OP, I prefer accompanying epics that hit at least as hard as a normal attack, and trigger frequently, to hopefully trigger more echo attacks. Buffing the Prime stat and maybe high accuracy vs. dodge helps too. I'm a big fan of doubling up on all epics except flanking, crossfire, second chance, Jobu's Ruse, quick adjust, blade storm, and Double Tap (because it's so rare that they can trigger twice, much less three times); and overwatch (because overwatch 2&3 stop triggering so far away from the comp.). The powers granted by tripling an epic are pretty good too (when they work properly) I just wish they lasted longer than one round.

I imagine that Kane will have Hold the Line 3, Repel Boarders 3, First Strike 3, Riposte 3, Vengeance Strike 3, Second Chance 3, Relentless 3, Blade Storm 3, and Cheap Shot 3. With all those he would (Quoting Robert E Howard) "weave a steel net of death" for anyone foolish enough to cross blades with him. Maybe he will have Steely Resolve against magic and sparkshooters too!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Row4n412 on Jan 15, 2014 wrote:
All epic talents are good. The more a comp. has, the better he is, imo. The epic system is reasonably balanced now, except that a number of tier 3 epics are still broken, IMO. I tend to be most partial to the ones that hit hardest and the ones that can hit any class of enemy. So, I agree with the OP in that I prefer Relentless/Burst Fire/Mojo Echo, because it fits both criteria. Like the OP, I prefer accompanying epics that hit at least as hard as a normal attack, and trigger frequently, to hopefully trigger more echo attacks. Buffing the Prime stat and maybe high accuracy vs. dodge helps too. I'm a big fan of doubling up on all epics except flanking, crossfire, second chance, Jobu's Ruse, quick adjust, blade storm, and Double Tap (because it's so rare that they can trigger twice, much less three times); and overwatch (because overwatch 2&3 stop triggering so far away from the comp.). The powers granted by tripling an epic are pretty good too (when they work properly) I just wish they lasted longer than one round.

I imagine that Kane will have Hold the Line 3, Repel Boarders 3, First Strike 3, Riposte 3, Vengeance Strike 3, Second Chance 3, Relentless 3, Blade Storm 3, and Cheap Shot 3. With all those he would (Quoting Robert E Howard) "weave a steel net of death" for anyone foolish enough to cross blades with him. Maybe he will have Steely Resolve against magic and sparkshooters too!
Really great tips here and I really love that quote. Thank you for sharing it.

Petty Officer
Apr 15, 2010
my egg shen has relentless and second chance so if i'm lucky he goes first strike relentless second chance that's the best combo i can think of or riposte and vengeance strike so you always get two hits when your attacked!

Kai sawkins privateer 28