Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Why hang around the Brawlin' Hall?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Dec 15, 2012
So this kinda annoys me when like 30 people are hanging around inside when people are battling just standing there and then nobody is in the Spar Chamber. I wait for like 30 minutes in the Spar Chamber for someone to come in. I also have a friend (who I will unfriend) which all he does is sit there talking for 3 hours. Is there a way to make it that there is a max amount of people that can enter at a time? I battled once and the people are way to distracting.

Ensign
Jun 16, 2013
Well, personally, I know there's a lot of people that they just like to hang out and chat. Whether they've already beaten the game, ran out of membership, or just don't feel like doing anything at that time, they just hang out and chat with each other.

There's also the benefit of the new guys and even some experienced ones able to just run in the Brawlin' Hall and ask for help and/or advice. With lots of people hanging out there, there's lots of possible answers for them.

Also, in the case of a lot of people, they don't even know the Sparring Chamber exists. At the start of the game, when they run passed the Brawlin' Hall, they get a message from Boochbeard telling them about the Brawlin' Hall and PvP in general. So they either go check it out then or later. Many don't know that the Sparring chamber is there in the first place, having not been pointed out to them and that it's tucked away behind the Kraken Skulls Tavern.

I'm not trying to justify it for you, just pointing why it is the way it is, as well as some of the possible benefits to it.

-Silly Sebastian ()

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Try changing realms I don't know how you change reals whatsoever but yes a max amount would be nice but discriminative

Ensign
Jan 22, 2010
People go inside the brawling hall to relax and hang out and get away from questing while watching other pirates battle it out, its fun and entertaining to sit and watch sometimes if you don't like that you should just go back to questing.

Captain
May 13, 2011
im fine as long as they hang around in the edges. i dont like it when people run around in the middle while i spar

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
witchdoctor daruis on Jan 11, 2014 wrote:
Try changing realms I don't know how you change reals whatsoever but yes a max amount would be nice but discriminative
Changing realms is quick and simple once you know how.
Just go the gear icon in the top menu that drops down when you move your mouse up there. Then select 'Options'. Then select the tab almost on the end in the far right with the globe on it. Then select which realm you want to go to and click the green button and you are transported.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Flamec4114 on Jan 12, 2014 wrote:
People go inside the brawling hall to relax and hang out and get away from questing while watching other pirates battle it out, its fun and entertaining to sit and watch sometimes if you don't like that you should just go back to questing.
Welcome to the message board family Flamec4114. You are quite right in why there are a lot of people there and your assessment of it being fun and relaxing is spot on.
One of the main reasons the message boards are here is for others to share what they don't like and suggest other alternatives or to get ideas from other players. To suggest that Gavin just go somewhere else if he doesn't like it is a bit harsh. He was doing the right thing by coming here and asking if things can be changed or looking for ideas on how to enjoy his questing in a quieter environment. Perhaps you could use your great observational skills to suggest ways to help instead of turning away?

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Flamec4114 on Jan 12, 2014 wrote:
Yeah I agree with flqmec lol it sounds like a tavern to me lol people do that it is fun watching congrats on those yars and welcome to our epic family

Lieutenant
Dec 15, 2012
Ok, so I think I was confused when I wrote this post, because it is not worded how I wanted it to be. What I think I was trying to say is that there should be a limited amount of people per PvP arena and the people not in the battle should not be visible to the people battling. I have had people stand right in front of me and my companions I can't see anything. Maybe like once you get into a battle, you teleport to another area and you battle with the people there (kinda like you vote on which area you battle e.x. Trap valley, Burning Jungle, Cloud city, etc.. Future PvP idea?) It would make it more enjoyable and less distracting.

Lieutenant
Dec 15, 2012
I also think a good idea is a chat room. I have heard of ideas like it before and it would be a hit I'm sure.