Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Class Pets!!

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
May 24, 2009
Like Wizard101, each class gets a pet of their class at a certain level. This idea could be put into to play in Pirate101 as well!

For Privateer, because many of their powers are based around different kinds of birds, they could have a bird pet that comes with a healing power.

For Musketeer, they might have a goldfish pet, because their first agility boosting power is an animation involving a goldfish, and the goldfish could give them that power.

For Buccaneer, they could have a squid pet, because, similar to the pet of the Musketeer class, their first strength boosting power involves a squid. The squid would also provide the strengthening power.

For Swashbuckler, I was thinking they could have a snake similar to the one seen in their hiding powers. The snake would provide a hiding power.

For Witchdoctor's, I could not think of any ideas. Maybe a Jobu Skull? One of those floating eyes? I'm not sure.

Please tell me what you think of this idea as well as what the Witchdoctor class could have as a pet.

Bosun
May 06, 2009
DrParrot on Jan 2, 2014 wrote:
Like Wizard101, each class gets a pet of their class at a certain level. This idea could be put into to play in Pirate101 as well!

For Privateer, because many of their powers are based around different kinds of birds, they could have a bird pet that comes with a healing power.

For Musketeer, they might have a goldfish pet, because their first agility boosting power is an animation involving a goldfish, and the goldfish could give them that power.

For Buccaneer, they could have a squid pet, because, similar to the pet of the Musketeer class, their first strength boosting power involves a squid. The squid would also provide the strengthening power.

For Swashbuckler, I was thinking they could have a snake similar to the one seen in their hiding powers. The snake would provide a hiding power.

For Witchdoctor's, I could not think of any ideas. Maybe a Jobu Skull? One of those floating eyes? I'm not sure.

Please tell me what you think of this idea as well as what the Witchdoctor class could have as a pet.
I also don't think Pets should give Powers for the Players, because they're set up is different from Wizard101's. What I would agree with is for them to have the potential to cast a power that effects the whole team.
I think each Class' pet should have 2 epic powers and have an increase in 1 stat that appeals to their class (i.e. Strength is to Privateers and Buccaneers, Agility is to Swashbucklers and Musketeers, and Will is to Witchdoctor and Privateer).

So here's what I would suggest:

For Privateers, a Falcon pet would suit them nicely and could have the 'Second Chance' and 'Repel Boarders' epics. It could have the potential to cast Refresh. This pet would have a lot of Will.

For Musketeers, I think a banana-hurling Monkey would be nice and would be one of the first (or few) ranged Pets. This pet could have the 'Burst Fire' and 'Quick Draw' epics. He could potential cast Wind Spirit. The Monkey could have a lot of Agility.

For Buccaneers, a Shark pet might be just a little more appealing. The Shark pet could have 'Vengeance Strike' and 'Hold the Line.' He could possible cast Kraken's Coils. The Shark could have a lot of Strength.

For Swashbucklers, I have always wanted a swashbuckling Ferret pet. The Ferret could have 'First Strike' and 'Riposte' epics and possible cast Gallant Defense. The Ferret could have a lot of Agility.

For Witchdoctors, there is a mythical animal called the Cat Sidhe, which was a black cat and a familiar to Witches. Also thought to be a Kellas cat. Possibly a witchdoctor-ized Cat Sidhe would work best? It could be ranged as well with the epics 'Mojo Rising' and 'Coward's Bane.' It could potentially use Juju. The Cat Sidhe would have a lot of Will.

Maybe these?

Ensign
Jul 21, 2013
This is a good idea, I like it! But how would the power work? Would it be added to our "deck"? Or would the pet cast it (which could cause the pet to waste it)? Or would we tell the pet when to cast it? Also, how would we obtain this pet? As for the Witchdoctor pet, how 'bout a chicken ghost? like the chicken in the juju line of powers and Tso's chicken, only a ghost?

Gunner's Mate
Apr 09, 2011

I could see this happening ONCE and what if they were upgraded a bit?
so, like, the snake can become a python or something you know?

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Petty Officer
Jun 17, 2013
I think Musketeers should get a marley bone puppy with a gun which you earn at level 5 and he upgrades at every 5 levels.

Petty Officer
Mar 11, 2011
Maybe Witchdocters could get a pet Juju Chicken from the Juju, Big Juju and Great Juju power cards?

And I just think Musketeers could get a Ki-Rin from the Cloud Spirit power card.

Buccaneers could get a pet Shark from the Shark's Fury power card.

And the Privateer pet could either be and Hawk(or Eagle I dont know which one Revive is) or an Owl from the healing powers.

Ensign
Jan 29, 2011
Witchdoctor could have a chicken like in the juju buffs.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
I think that any witchdoctor pet should help them where they need it the most. Casting agility or a second chance epic.

Petty Officer
Jul 22, 2013
Swashbucklers - A parrot with a knife in his claws
Privateer - A parrot with a eye patch
Witchdoctor - a chicken from the chicken buffs
Bucks - A shark or a squid
Musketeer - I imagine a frog with a gun or a small fox?
I like this idea! Very neat and thought out.

Bosun
Jan 02, 2012
Cunning Finnigan S... on Jan 2, 2014 wrote:
I also don't think Pets should give Powers for the Players, because they're set up is different from Wizard101's. What I would agree with is for them to have the potential to cast a power that effects the whole team.
I think each Class' pet should have 2 epic powers and have an increase in 1 stat that appeals to their class (i.e. Strength is to Privateers and Buccaneers, Agility is to Swashbucklers and Musketeers, and Will is to Witchdoctor and Privateer).

So here's what I would suggest:

For Privateers, a Falcon pet would suit them nicely and could have the 'Second Chance' and 'Repel Boarders' epics. It could have the potential to cast Refresh. This pet would have a lot of Will.

For Musketeers, I think a banana-hurling Monkey would be nice and would be one of the first (or few) ranged Pets. This pet could have the 'Burst Fire' and 'Quick Draw' epics. He could potential cast Wind Spirit. The Monkey could have a lot of Agility.

For Buccaneers, a Shark pet might be just a little more appealing. The Shark pet could have 'Vengeance Strike' and 'Hold the Line.' He could possible cast Kraken's Coils. The Shark could have a lot of Strength.

For Swashbucklers, I have always wanted a swashbuckling Ferret pet. The Ferret could have 'First Strike' and 'Riposte' epics and possible cast Gallant Defense. The Ferret could have a lot of Agility.

For Witchdoctors, there is a mythical animal called the Cat Sidhe, which was a black cat and a familiar to Witches. Also thought to be a Kellas cat. Possibly a witchdoctor-ized Cat Sidhe would work best? It could be ranged as well with the epics 'Mojo Rising' and 'Coward's Bane.' It could potentially use Juju. The Cat Sidhe would have a lot of Will.

Maybe these?
This is a good idea, except that right now, pets are a very minor part of the game. If we make pets too powerful, we risk disrupting a well-balanced system. Maybe a single-class only pet that has either 2 epic talents (like the armadillo) or 1 epic and one team-affecting power is a better upgrade. Ninja Pirate, the power would be cast by the AI once per combat, hopefully when triggered by game conditions that reflect your need. For example, refresh could be triggered when at least two members of your team are hurt when the pet's turn starts. Pets are allies, after all, the best we can do with them is learn to predict their behavior and make the plan able to take advantage of their meager virtues.
This brings me to a previous suggestion I'd like to reiterate. I would love to have the option to right-click on my pet's image on the battle board to toggle on or off an order for my pet to Stay or Sic 'em! The pet would always start with the default order to Sic 'em as she does now. Right clicking once on my pet would give her the order to Stay. Stay order immobilizes my pet, but she will attack one adjacent enemy on her turn if there is one, and her epic talents would trigger normally. This should not eat up much bandwidth and would make players much happier with P101 to have even this small amount more control over our teams. Right now we mostly ignore our pets in battle because their brainlessness makes them weaker than the half-strength companions they were intended to be. A tiny bit of control over their actions would make pets much more decisive in PvP or PvE than they are now, and it would probably make more difference than adding an epic talent or power.

Gunner's Mate
Aug 08, 2010

Good idea! I think pets shouldn't be able to be controlled, but just have powers and are likely to use them.

Buccaneers could have a bull/buffaloon pet, that has "Hold the Line" and Vengance strike. It has the power "Krakens coils" then you train it into "Shark's fury" and after that go to "Whales might". It's training are just playing minigames, like in wizard101.

Musketeers could have a Duckling pet, like Bill from the magnificent seven, but smaller overall. It has the epics "Overwatch" and "Parting shot". It has the power "Wind spirit", after it's "Promotion" it gets "Cloud spirit", then "Sky Spirit"

Swashbucklers Should get a Ninja Piglet pet, that has "First strike" and "Riposte". It's power is at first "Walk in shadows" Then it's "Walk in darkness" then after it's last promotion its "Black fog", which provides hidden for the group (however from anywhere on the map).

Privateers could have a Puppy as a pet, that eventually looks like the little admiral dogget companion, but smaller. It's first epics are "Repel borders" and "Cheap shot". It first gets "Refresh" then it goes to "Regroup" and finally "Reinforce".

Witchdoctors could get a wicked crow pet, (creepy i know). It starts with the epics "Mojo rising" and "Cowards bane".(P.S: Giving it Juju would be too op). It gets "Vulture's gift", "Crows song" and at it's last promo "Raven's Cry".

Merciless Jean Percy, 65
Merciless Jack Ramsey, 59

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jan 3, 2014 wrote:
I think that any witchdoctor pet should help them where they need it the most. Casting agility or a second chance epic.
Sorry, what a typo, I meant Accuracy, not agility. *Rolls eyes* Silly me.