Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

A pirate101 TEAM!!!

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 28, 2013
Hi guys, I have an idea for a team of players. There would be a maximum of 4 people. We would complete the game. It would most likely make the game easier. The classes I think should be on the team are:

Two buccaneers
A privateer
A witchdoctor

Of course, if you want to join, you can choose any class you want, but I think it should be that combination. If it were two , a and a , this would be my strategy:

The buccaneers would charge up and do the most fighting, the privateer would heal and buff the team, and the witchdoctor would strike from range. I will leave this post for a few days, then come back. If more than three people apply, I will choose the three I think will help most. The three(or less) chosen, along with myself, will than try to complete the game.

Application sheet:

Name of character:

Class:

How your parents died:

Where ye grew up:

Gender of character:

(You must make a new character to join)

We will meet

I hope you join my team.

Before I leave, I will make my character:

Name of character: Dashing Rodrigo DeClarck

Class: Swashbuckler

How your parents died: Squid attack

Where ye grew up: Mooshu

Gender of character: boy/male

Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
thetotalawesomenes... on Dec 28, 2013 wrote:
Hi guys, I have an idea for a team of players. There would be a maximum of 4 people. We would complete the game. It would most likely make the game easier. The classes I think should be on the team are:

Two buccaneers
A privateer
A witchdoctor

Of course, if you want to join, you can choose any class you want, but I think it should be that combination. If it were two , a and a , this would be my strategy:

The buccaneers would charge up and do the most fighting, the privateer would heal and buff the team, and the witchdoctor would strike from range. I will leave this post for a few days, then come back. If more than three people apply, I will choose the three I think will help most. The three(or less) chosen, along with myself, will than try to complete the game.

Application sheet:

Name of character:

Class:

How your parents died:

Where ye grew up:

Gender of character:

(You must make a new character to join)

We will meet

I hope you join my team.

Before I leave, I will make my character:

Name of character: Dashing Rodrigo DeClarck

Class: Swashbuckler

How your parents died: Squid attack

Where ye grew up: Mooshu

Gender of character: boy/male
Didn't you say you need 2 Buccs, 1 Priv, and 1 WD, but you have a Swash?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
I think it would make more sense to have one from each class. That way you can utilize the strengths from each class and support each other's weaknesses. Working together like that would make an awesome team.

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
Hmm..? Lets see... I already have a Swashbuckler, Witchdoctor, Privateer, and a Musketeer, but NO Buccaneer...

This might work well for the both of us, my friend lol. If we have to create a new character, then I'll just create a Buccaneer lol

I can tell you right now her name will be Bloody Belle, but as far as the rest, it might change but...

How me parents died: Lost at sea (you get Lucky Jack Russel, right..? I got every other companion but him heheh)

Where I grew up: Probably Mooshu

I think I already answered all your questions lol. Is there a time/place/realm you want to maybe meet in..?

Ensign
Jun 28, 2013
First, pirates in the sky, well i did, but it was just an idea. You can choose any class you want. And chrissy, what about sigils, there are only room for four players on a sigil at a time, and that would mean one would have to wait, and do the sigil solo. The point is to paly together, and finish the game quicker.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
thetotalawesomenes... on Dec 29, 2013 wrote:
First, pirates in the sky, well i did, but it was just an idea. You can choose any class you want. And chrissy, what about sigils, there are only room for four players on a sigil at a time, and that would mean one would have to wait, and do the sigil solo. The point is to paly together, and finish the game quicker.
I didn't think of that, Sorry, blond moment.

Ensign
Jun 28, 2013
Bloody belle, we will all work out the realm when everyone has joined the team.

Gunner's Mate
Apr 09, 2011
I am not any of those classes but,
class:
how my parents died: storm
where i grew up:Mooshu

Petty Officer
Sep 24, 2013
It sounds to me like you want to beat the game and max your pirate level as soon as possible. While your strategy may work, I personally don't think it will be faster. As you can see to the left of my post, I joined and started playing pirates relatively three months ago. I play with my finance and we already have 3 maxed pirates each (1 with all the side quests completed). We're doing the side quests on our other pirates now for two reasons: (i) we won't have to farm gold and spend bank to train new companions we may get as we they will already be at maxed level, (ii) fighting enemies and ships in the side quests will be so much easier and less time consuming since our pirates are already at max level.

Now our strategy is pretty simple, every time there is a battle only one of us will join or commence the fight and the other will either wait or port to skull island if the fight will drag both of us into it. The second pirate will join the battle usually a minute later when we start to select attacks for the second turn. This pirate will join without his or her companions and may add only one or two enemies at most to the battle upon coming in. Ultimately, this reduces the number of enemies we have to fight, which in turn reduces the fighting animations (these take up way to much time in my opinion). This strategy works great for farming gear since most bosses only drop 1 gold chest.

Yesterday, we ended up doing the final Itacha dungeon with a random Swashbuckler and her friend who joined later on, so roughly 3.5 pirates all together. It took us little over one hour to complete this 3 battle dungeon, when had I been alone or done the strategy above, it would have only taken us 20 minutes, maybe even less. Anyways, just some food for thought, think about it and see if it works for you as it did for us.

Ensign
Jan 22, 2011
I'll make a char for the team later, this will be his application form
Name: Valkoor
Class: Witchdoctor
How your parents died: Mutiny
Grew up in: Mooshu or Grizzleheim. Not sure yet

Ensign
Jun 28, 2013
It's ok chrissy, I get that kind of stuff all the time

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Dec 29, 2013 wrote:
I didn't think of that, Sorry, blond moment.
Well I have an idea. You can have as many pirates join this team and help each other out. That way it can be around 6+ guys attacking a ship and doing stuff together. When it comes to the 4 player sigil issue for dungeons and instances (and lets say we have 6 in the team), why not put 3 in one and 3 in the other?

PS: Nah its not a blond moment chrissy, its actually a good idea if you apply ^^^that^^^

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Wicked Victor Arms... on Dec 30, 2013 wrote:
It sounds to me like you want to beat the game and max your pirate level as soon as possible. While your strategy may work, I personally don't think it will be faster. As you can see to the left of my post, I joined and started playing pirates relatively three months ago. I play with my finance and we already have 3 maxed pirates each (1 with all the side quests completed). We're doing the side quests on our other pirates now for two reasons: (i) we won't have to farm gold and spend bank to train new companions we may get as we they will already be at maxed level, (ii) fighting enemies and ships in the side quests will be so much easier and less time consuming since our pirates are already at max level.

Now our strategy is pretty simple, every time there is a battle only one of us will join or commence the fight and the other will either wait or port to skull island if the fight will drag both of us into it. The second pirate will join the battle usually a minute later when we start to select attacks for the second turn. This pirate will join without his or her companions and may add only one or two enemies at most to the battle upon coming in. Ultimately, this reduces the number of enemies we have to fight, which in turn reduces the fighting animations (these take up way to much time in my opinion). This strategy works great for farming gear since most bosses only drop 1 gold chest.

Yesterday, we ended up doing the final Itacha dungeon with a random Swashbuckler and her friend who joined later on, so roughly 3.5 pirates all together. It took us little over one hour to complete this 3 battle dungeon, when had I been alone or done the strategy above, it would have only taken us 20 minutes, maybe even less. Anyways, just some food for thought, think about it and see if it works for you as it did for us.
Well There's yer problem.............. Imagine doing a dungeon with only half a pirate, lol. That would cause all kinds of glitches and errors. *Still giggling*

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Wicked Victor Arms... on Dec 30, 2013 wrote:

P.S.
Congratulations on your engagement. May your upcoming marriage be as joyous as The Toro's

Ensign
Dec 25, 2012
Name of character: Diego Cog.

Class: Privateer

How my parents died:Storm

I grew up in: Marleybone (idk)

I'll make the new char on Friday (