Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

drop rate idea

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Apr 09, 2011
i had an idea where you could get better boss drops according to class, so lets say i am fighting a buccaneer boss, i would have a higher chance to get buccaneer drops. If you know what I mean it would make some experimenting and the game more fun

Lieutenant
May 24, 2009
Although it is a great idea that I am pretty sure every pirate would support, it would make the game too easy. If you could attack a boss once and get an incredibly valuable No Auction item, it would be too easy to get super armor and stats. Soon everyone would have super armor and stats and the game would get boring, PvP wise, because EVERYONE would be super powered. KingsIsle made it so it is harder to get your classes items and easier to get other classes items, just to make the gamer fairer.

Have a Piratey Holiday! Lvl 65

Gunner's Mate
Apr 09, 2011
DrParrot on Dec 25, 2013 wrote:
Although it is a great idea that I am pretty sure every pirate would support, it would make the game too easy. If you could attack a boss once and get an incredibly valuable No Auction item, it would be too easy to get super armor and stats. Soon everyone would have super armor and stats and the game would get boring, PvP wise, because EVERYONE would be super powered. KingsIsle made it so it is harder to get your classes items and easier to get other classes items, just to make the gamer fairer.

I'm not saying the gear is super good or gear for JUST that class lets just say it's like a 25% more chance to get that class gear doesnt have to be like that

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
DrParrot on Dec 25, 2013 wrote:

Excellent point.