Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

aquila compared to greece

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Dec 28, 2012
I've noticed something interesting on Aquila, that it is like Greece,

here's how I know

1. you know in Achilles heel that Achilles was shot by an arrow and in troy it says that EAGilles fallen by parisss the firebrand

2. Knossos was a modern town in Athens

3. Hercules was a roman god of strength and he was the son of the roman king of the gods which I think is Jupiter which the greek king was zeus

these are interesting finds and if you find any more then comment below

Romantic Nicholas Jones level 64 swashbuckler

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
You are not the first to notice this but I applaud you for you knowledge of the classics. Nice catch.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
It also contains many classic Roman tidbits as well.

Dante Ramsey

Bosun
Feb 25, 2012
your close, and you have decent knowledge of Greek history, but your also missing a decent bit. Ulysses the eagle is a nod to the odyssey, but in roman mythology the hero of the odyssey was named Ulysses, not Odysseus. Aquila made it clear that they had a emperor. Greece never once had a true emperor. also, gladiators were a roman thing. its clearly a mash-up of the two ancient cultures, using bits and pieces of each. finally, if it was solely Greek, then why would they have Praetorian? only Romans had those, the Greek never had a truly unified army, with any substantial hierarchy.

Matthew Walker level 65

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Blixet on Dec 24, 2013 wrote:
your close, and you have decent knowledge of Greek history, but your also missing a decent bit. Ulysses the eagle is a nod to the odyssey, but in roman mythology the hero of the odyssey was named Ulysses, not Odysseus. Aquila made it clear that they had a emperor. Greece never once had a true emperor. also, gladiators were a roman thing. its clearly a mash-up of the two ancient cultures, using bits and pieces of each. finally, if it was solely Greek, then why would they have Praetorian? only Romans had those, the Greek never had a truly unified army, with any substantial hierarchy.

Matthew Walker level 65
Nice history info. Thank you.