Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Class Talk

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 28, 2013
Hey guys, just wanted to make a little somthin about classes. It's one of my FAVOURITE parts of pirate101, and I am making something dedicated to it. Here, we talk, review, etc, about classes. So while I'm at it, I will review the Buccaneer:

The buccaneer has got to be my favorite class. First of all, you get the most powerful gear. You get Kobe, Barnabus, and vengeance strike. You get to do massive damage to a single target, and take lots o' damage too. There just AWESOME!!!

BUCCANEERS

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
I have a pirate of each class and there are aspects of each that I just love. They are all unique but uniquely delightful. KingsIsle did a great job creating & balancing them.

Petty Officer
Sep 27, 2013
Ok, one statement is true, the other one? No. Buccaneers can take a lot of hits, but don't do that much damage. Of course, they are Heavy Duty *Chuckle* Duty.. LOL ok so back onto business. They have heavy armor, which gives them good health.

Captain
Oct 15, 2012
Bosun
Feb 25, 2012
well, buccaneers are great and all . . . if you like having extra stuffing to be kicked out of you. they have good health, and towards the end good abilities, but in my opinion, swash has the best stats in dodge and attack, and decent accuracy. it doesn't matter how much health i have if you cant hit me.

and of course, the boosting abilities of privateer make them almost indomitable, if they understand the mechanics of their abilities. especially with espirit de corps. buccaneer is good for tanking damage, and i'm not saying that their week, but their stats just cant compare in the end

level 65, Mattew walker

Level 17 Sly sloan silver

Ensign
Jun 28, 2013
My new favorite class is swash, I've been playing one called Merciless Wolf Hawser.

Ensign
Nov 11, 2013
Buccaneers can take a lot of hits, but dont do much damage compared to a swashbuckler. If you combine a buccaneer and swash, it would be the ultimate tank.

Ensign
Jun 28, 2013
Awesome Pirate Guy on Dec 15, 2013 wrote:
Buccaneers can take a lot of hits, but dont do much damage compared to a swashbuckler. If you combine a buccaneer and swash, it would be the ultimate tank.
you are SO right

Ensign
Feb 08, 2014
I have to say that is WRONG. Its not a tank to magic.

Petty Officer
Jun 02, 2013
no if you combine musk with swash, thats a tank, great doge, great accuracy, and great damage with good health but witchdoctor with bucanneers health would be good too