Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Sarah Steele promo quest w/ shocking results!

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
What I was assigned to do to promote Sarah Steele was horrific. I am expected to retrieve 4 cannons from the Rojo Guard ships, and I had to defeat like 8 of them, but obtained only 2 cannons! Each time you defeat a ship, you have a 20% of getting the cannons, maybe even less than that. This somehow reminds me of the Inoshishi key quest. I've spent close to an hour defeating ship after ship after ship (constant deck fighting)! (And my swashbuckler uses a gun LOL) I think the Rojo Guard is being greedy. Please help!

Happy Esmerelda level 16

First Mate
Oct 15, 2012
CheeryCherry1234 on Oct 23, 2013 wrote:
What I was assigned to do to promote Sarah Steele was horrific. I am expected to retrieve 4 cannons from the Rojo Guard ships, and I had to defeat like 8 of them, but obtained only 2 cannons! Each time you defeat a ship, you have a 20% of getting the cannons, maybe even less than that. This somehow reminds me of the Inoshishi key quest. I've spent close to an hour defeating ship after ship after ship (constant deck fighting)! (And my swashbuckler uses a gun LOL) I think the Rojo Guard is being greedy. Please help!

Happy Esmerelda level 16
I will help. Just give me a time,place, and realm and I will try my best to be there.
Smiling Natalie lvl 55

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011

Happy Esmerelda level 16
Well, look at the bright side...

Imagine all the Nautical Experience you got from that quest

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
pirate101 lover on Oct 23, 2013 wrote:
I will help. Just give me a time,place, and realm and I will try my best to be there.
Smiling Natalie lvl 55
no, I finished it

First Mate
Oct 15, 2012
CheeryCherry1234 on Oct 25, 2013 wrote:
no, I finished it
OK!

Petty Officer
Jun 08, 2012

Happy Esmerelda level 16
Lucky Jack Russell's promotion quest took me hundreds of ship battles. It took me about 7 hours to collect 4 of the items, while it took my friend only 14 battles. It made me go insane...

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
Well im doing Louis leBisque's promo quest, and getting the powder is SO hard!

Ensign
Oct 29, 2013
I experienced a similar problem when in the Flooded Tunnels doing the Survey quest. It took so many battles to collect the missing survey instruments! I was beginning to wonder if it was a glitch, but that didn't make any sense.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
The Midnight Dueli... on Dec 24, 2013 wrote:
I experienced a similar problem when in the Flooded Tunnels doing the Survey quest. It took so many battles to collect the missing survey instruments! I was beginning to wonder if it was a glitch, but that didn't make any sense.
Welcome to the Message Board Family Midnight Duelist. Yes I seem to remember that taking me a while too. Mostly it was because I couldn't find the specific troggy I needed to get the few missing items. I was realm hopping all over the place trying to find the right ones before I realized that it is a roll of the dice what kinds show up, no matter which ones you dart in front of.

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
Shayden181 on Nov 16, 2013 wrote:
Lucky Jack Russell's promotion quest took me hundreds of ship battles. It took me about 7 hours to collect 4 of the items, while it took my friend only 14 battles. It made me go insane...
WHAT?!?! I know how hard it is, since I did the quest today, but you can just look for other people doing quests involving the Royal Squadron fleet. I did this with other people, and it took me about 20 minutes. (There are quests where you have to defeat the Royal Squadron, but no quests to defeat the Rojo Guard.)

Ensign
Jan 05, 2013
You know what was hard?
Getting Lucky Jack Russell.
So many Monquistans.
For about a week I worked on it I leveled up a few times and then I finally did it!
Sometimes I just have to do side quests.
Ratbeard's promotion I still haven't done I haven't unlocked the area yet.
Eventhough Avery said I could get through with the passport he gave me.
Does that make sense?

Wicked Natalie Level 11

Lieutenant
Feb 15, 2014
i did it by myself with henchman
i got it the first time

Lieutenant
Feb 15, 2014
ensign emmet was easy
he is now leutinant emmet