Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Repel Assualt

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 13, 2011
I think that this ranged attack epic is overpowered, as it completely prevents melee enemies from attacking the target, is there a counter to this, or is it just something that makes those characters immune to all melee attacks?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
I do knot that I just got something from Bishop that has a remove debuff move that would probably work against that. Or is it the remove buffs that will remove it? I am still not 100% clear on which works on what.

Bosun
Jan 02, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Oct 19, 2013 wrote:
I do knot that I just got something from Bishop that has a remove debuff move that would probably work against that. Or is it the remove buffs that will remove it? I am still not 100% clear on which works on what.
I assume we're talking about Rooke's epic that reflects all normal attacks against him. Remember that you can choose which companions enter the battle with you. Also, Area of effect attacks like Bonnie Anne's scatterblast or Hurricaine round work fine against him. I'll be interested to see if purge magic works on Rooke. I tried it on Moo Manchu's terra cotta bulls in the Tomb of Cow Cheng to no avail. We still have to ring the gong to take away their invulnerability bubbles.

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Oct 19, 2013 wrote:
dispel magic move debuffs - reduced accuracy, reduced damage, reduced dodge, curses etc.

Purge magic removes buffs, increased accuracy, increased critical, damage buffs etc.

this wont work on repel assault, either of them.'

Repel assault isnt a buff or a debuff, its an attack that has a special effect, like musketeers knock back bombs.
to get out of it you can either hide, if your a buckler hide your companions, or then send all of you over there and he should only be able to repel 3 of you.

glad to help. Xavier

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
Row4n412 on Oct 21, 2013 wrote:
I assume we're talking about Rooke's epic that reflects all normal attacks against him. Remember that you can choose which companions enter the battle with you. Also, Area of effect attacks like Bonnie Anne's scatterblast or Hurricaine round work fine against him. I'll be interested to see if purge magic works on Rooke. I tried it on Moo Manchu's terra cotta bulls in the Tomb of Cow Cheng to no avail. We still have to ring the gong to take away their invulnerability bubbles.
No, not rooke, he has overprotection, knocks you away from him, but it only works sometimes, he also has rookeochet, normal shots simply dont work on him, he will counter it and shoot it on someone else i think we speak of a vulture that has repel assault, its just like over watch except it knocks you back, making it tantamount impossible to get to him while visible.

"I'll be interested to see if purge magic works on Rooke. I tried it on Moo Manchu's terra cotta bulls in the Tomb of Cow Cheng to no avail. We still have to ring the gong to take away their invulnerability bubbles."

just like how assassin shroud dont work on eagle shades, why?? thats almost the only place a swash can use it. maybe its because the heal only can go on them, still should work though.

xavier

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Speed Switch on Oct 21, 2013 wrote:
dispel magic move debuffs - reduced accuracy, reduced damage, reduced dodge, curses etc.

Purge magic removes buffs, increased accuracy, increased critical, damage buffs etc.

this wont work on repel assault, either of them.'

Repel assault isnt a buff or a debuff, its an attack that has a special effect, like musketeers knock back bombs.
to get out of it you can either hide, if your a buckler hide your companions, or then send all of you over there and he should only be able to repel 3 of you.

glad to help. Xavier
Thank you. You explained that quite clearly. Much appreciated.

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Oct 21, 2013 wrote:
Thank you. You explained that quite clearly. Much appreciated.
your..welcome..