Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Why is Blind Mew blind?

AuthorMessage
Captain
Oct 26, 2012
I dont know if this has been asked before. So Blind Mew, how did you go blind And Jack why did

If Kane made you blind, I will be swift and use my assassination skills to turn that over-rated robot into a hunk of junk sent toward the scrap metal center. I will then use the scrap to make glasses for you.

Then of course, you could be pretending to be blind...

P.S: There is always room for ye on my crew.

P.P.S: We all you.

SDH, Lv65

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
Golden Guardian on Oct 18, 2013 wrote:
I dont know if this has been asked before. So Blind Mew, how did you go blind And Jack why did

If Kane made you blind, I will be swift and use my assassination skills to turn that over-rated robot into a hunk of junk sent toward the scrap metal center. I will then use the scrap to make glasses for you.

Then of course, you could be pretending to be blind...

P.S: There is always room for ye on my crew.

P.P.S: We all you.

SDH, Lv65
Because he is an old cat?

.....thats a good idea..... i would LOOOOOOOVEEE to have blind mew as a companion! swashbuckler....come with riposte and can get relentless.... oh yeah

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
hmm yeah blind mew is kinda strange somtimes, kinda creepy if you ask me! but even so, hes a nice guy. i mean, ones i helped him get his teliscope back from the cutthrots! i mean, what jerks steal stuff from a blind guy! next time i get online,im gonna beat the yar out of those guys!!!

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Go into the Message Board section "A Pirate's Life", open Blind Mew's thread "The Search for Plot", and on page 2, Blind Mew gives his quite comical reason of why he went blind (and just like my parents always told me "don't read in the dark"... then struggling to read student handwriting... explains why I wear glasses in real life, then doesn't it? )

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
yeah!!!!!! havin blind mew as a companion! epic idea!! i hope the pirate101 editors saw this post

Gunner's Mate
Oct 11, 2012
Blind Mew is a creation based on the character Blind Pew from Treasure Island. Though blind, his hearing is exceptionally keen and that is clearly shown in the game. Actually, I'm pleasantly surprised about how integrated he is in the main story line.

Just to let you know.

Impish Omar Underwood

Captain
Oct 15, 2012
i actually heard by blind mew himself it involves pepper or something.

Petty Officer
Sep 27, 2013
Blind Mew is blind cause thats how he rolls...

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
Honestly, Blind Mew keeps turning up in the oddest locations. He can be found on Skull Island, Scrimshaw, and Port Regal, at the very least. Why would he move from one place to another?

Personally, I suspect that Blind Mew is not all he seems. I wonder if he really is blind, or just faking it to gather information. He seems awfully eager to help you. After all, you did rescue his prized astrolabe. He claims it is a family heirloom. I'm not so sure.

Ensign
Nov 01, 2012
Blind Mew might just be working for the Armada! He might have wanted the telescope for EVIL DOINGS!!!