Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Best way to farm ships?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 14, 2012
Hi. I was wondering which ships are best to farm with a level 34 ship, and a level 46 ship. Thank you!

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
Br4dley02 on Oct 13, 2013 wrote:
Hi. I was wondering which ships are best to farm with a level 34 ship, and a level 46 ship. Thank you!
If you have a level 34 ship (mooshu skiff, I presume), I reccomend fighting those pesky ghost ships in the haunted skyway. They have nice drops and are good for your skiff in the early parts of mooshu.

If you are trying to fight level 46-50 ships, look no further than the subata skyway in mooshu. Jade Ships and high level amber horde ships are to the right of Subata Temple and are in the the level 46+ region. I reccomend you have a good equiped level 50 mooshu galleon if you head into these waters. Look out for the level 50 boss ships (one is Timur Khan I think, the other is a black jade fleet galleon). These ships are deadly to farm, but if you are lucky you may get excellent drops.

To add to this I will tell you how to farm Marleybone and Aquilan ships.

Marleybone:
Level your guy to level 54 first. Buy the galleon in Isle of Dogs Docks. Go to bazzar and buy the 2nd best equiment for a marley bone galleon. Try and get your nautical level to 57. Dont spend too much time here, because the aquilan galleon is not far off. I reccomend you fight the level 51 armada skiffs, and if you get better drops go and fight the level 54 cat pirates. If you dare, try and fight the level 55 marleybone ships. If you are brave, grab a friend or four and kill the turret that lies there!

Aquila:
I didnt buy the skiff or frigate. In my opinion just go for the galleon. Try joining a bunch of players killing ophidian ships. It does not matter what type of ship you have here (try have a MB galleon though), because a lot of you will be safe together. Once your nautical level is at least 62, I reccomend going to the boss ships. Pluton and Spartacos are best to be done with a friend or three! They give amazing drops!

Summary of ship farming methods:
-Fight low level ships and improve your nautical level.
-Effectively stalk the bazaar or kill boss ships with a friend or two to gain cool ship items.
-Help others. Even if you are max level, you will get gold (even if it slow process sometimes). More importantly, you will see the smiles on your friends faces!

The Realm Change Tactic:
This is the best way to farm for BOSS SHIPS only! It is fairly simple. Instead of waiting for the boss to respawn, go to the next realm and you may see him there instantly. This saves a lot of time!

Gold/Nautical EXP and Boss item tactic:
If you are looking for either or both Gold and Nautical EXP, as well as getting boss drops, then this tactic is for you. Instead of realm chaning after killing a boss, try and kill surrounding ships to gain gold and exp.

Hope that helped!

P.S: You seem fairly new here. My greetings are not as grand as Chrissy th'Blesser, but welcome Blaze Laverne!

P.P.S: If you're looking for specific ship or any other items try :
http://pirate101.centralforums.com/wiki/Portal:Items

~Silver Dino Hawkins~
-Level 65 (Olympic Champion)
-Nautical Level 65 Vice Admiral

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Golden Guardian on Oct 21, 2013 wrote:
If you have a level 34 ship (mooshu skiff, I presume), I reccomend fighting those pesky ghost ships in the haunted skyway. They have nice drops and are good for your skiff in the early parts of mooshu.

If you are trying to fight level 46-50 ships, look no further than the subata skyway in mooshu. Jade Ships and high level amber horde ships are to the right of Subata Temple and are in the the level 46+ region. I reccomend you have a good equiped level 50 mooshu galleon if you head into these waters. Look out for the level 50 boss ships (one is Timur Khan I think, the other is a black jade fleet galleon). These ships are deadly to farm, but if you are lucky you may get excellent drops.

To add to this I will tell you how to farm Marleybone and Aquilan ships.

Marleybone:
Level your guy to level 54 first. Buy the galleon in Isle of Dogs Docks. Go to bazzar and buy the 2nd best equiment for a marley bone galleon. Try and get your nautical level to 57. Dont spend too much time here, because the aquilan galleon is not far off. I reccomend you fight the level 51 armada skiffs, and if you get better drops go and fight the level 54 cat pirates. If you dare, try and fight the level 55 marleybone ships. If you are brave, grab a friend or four and kill the turret that lies there!

Aquila:
I didnt buy the skiff or frigate. In my opinion just go for the galleon. Try joining a bunch of players killing ophidian ships. It does not matter what type of ship you have here (try have a MB galleon though), because a lot of you will be safe together. Once your nautical level is at least 62, I reccomend going to the boss ships. Pluton and Spartacos are best to be done with a friend or three! They give amazing drops!

Summary of ship farming methods:
-Fight low level ships and improve your nautical level.
-Effectively stalk the bazaar or kill boss ships with a friend or two to gain cool ship items.
-Help others. Even if you are max level, you will get gold (even if it slow process sometimes). More importantly, you will see the smiles on your friends faces!

The Realm Change Tactic:
This is the best way to farm for BOSS SHIPS only! It is fairly simple. Instead of waiting for the boss to respawn, go to the next realm and you may see him there instantly. This saves a lot of time!

Gold/Nautical EXP and Boss item tactic:
If you are looking for either or both Gold and Nautical EXP, as well as getting boss drops, then this tactic is for you. Instead of realm chaning after killing a boss, try and kill surrounding ships to gain gold and exp.

Hope that helped!

P.S: You seem fairly new here. My greetings are not as grand as Chrissy th'Blesser, but welcome Blaze Laverne!

P.P.S: If you're looking for specific ship or any other items try :
http://pirate101.centralforums.com/wiki/Portal:Items

~Silver Dino Hawkins~
-Level 65 (Olympic Champion)
-Nautical Level 65 Vice Admiral
Your greetings are just fine. This is a well thought out, detailed and massively helpful post. This is a work of art and a job well done. x Gives gift certificate for a basket of goodies of your choice from the Bakeries of The Highlander Fox. x