Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

A question...

AuthorMessage
Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Hey, One-eyed Jack! I just got a computer yesterday (still a little bit shaky with the smaller than usual backspace button, so I may have some typos) and we've transferred all of the information from my old computer to my new computer. I love my new computer so much and I feel like dancing in the rain with how quickly it loads compared to my old one, but my question is this: How should I re-download all of the KI games? I'm worried that if I type in my username and password on this computer then it will seem like I gave my password away and permanently ban my account. I know this probably won't happen, but I'd just like to be on the safe side. I've got a lot of progress and items on both W101 and P101 that I'm not really ready to lose. Think you can give me some advice on what to do?

~Elizabeth, level 60 ~

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Just Add Bacon on Oct 4, 2013 wrote:
Hey, One-eyed Jack! I just got a computer yesterday (still a little bit shaky with the smaller than usual backspace button, so I may have some typos) and we've transferred all of the information from my old computer to my new computer. I love my new computer so much and I feel like dancing in the rain with how quickly it loads compared to my old one, but my question is this: How should I re-download all of the KI games? I'm worried that if I type in my username and password on this computer then it will seem like I gave my password away and permanently ban my account. I know this probably won't happen, but I'd just like to be on the safe side. I've got a lot of progress and items on both W101 and P101 that I'm not really ready to lose. Think you can give me some advice on what to do?

~Elizabeth, level 60 ~
Congrats on your new computer Elizabeth. You are gonna be amazed with the game now. Please don't worry about the password issue. When you enter it into a new computer it still is coming from you and you only. The game will recognize the new computer only that it can perform faster on it but it still knows that it's you because of the password. I have played my characters on a friend's computer when mine went out and the game didn't know the difference. I was states away but I played "My" game because "I" had my password. I didn't give it to my friend and when my visit was over, the game was still loaded on his computer but he couldn't play my characters because he didn't have 'my' password. He could, though play "His" characters because after seeing me play he was now hooked. I loaded the game but it only worked if I put my password in. The game doesn't care what computer I use, (except for the fact that stuff has to download if it is my first time on that computer) it just knows it's me because only I know my password.
You will be fine. No banning issues will result.