Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Henchmen costing Gold?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 18, 2013
Hi there,
Me and my mate believe that if Henchmen costed gold, then they would be used more than what they are now. Have it work like training points. As you get up higher levels, they get more expensive! Maybe make them cost way out of the normal players reach, so they can't just buy heaps of them . And to prevent them just buying them all with gold, perhaps a limit to how many you can buy per day?

Also you could make it so when you buy them with Crowns, then you get that Henchmen in all your battles (except PvP) for 12 hrs or something like that so when you get them then you aren't just wasting your Crowns on one Battle.

Thank you!

Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
I see nothing wrong with henchmen for gold, as one of my characters buys a daily amount with gold and I shudder every time they do. What needs to be done to make henchmen accessible for gold is to make henchmen time accessible for crowns but battle accessible for gold. This means if you use crowns you can have the henchman for an hour or hours, but if you use gold you only get them for a single battle.

Ensign
Jun 18, 2013
Captain
Feb 27, 2009
One-Eyed Jack stated that henchmen won't be available for gold.

Ensign
Dec 31, 2011
Sniper Rose on Sep 12, 2013 wrote:
Yep.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
Sniper Rose on Sep 12, 2013 wrote:
good thing to or i would fill the map with the lowest level henchmen

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
if i recall (i have a pretty good memory to) i read somewhere they would offer them for gold. but i guess they changed there mind. probably because it seems now there more in to it for the money and not the players anymore

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
TheDragonspyrePira... on Sep 21, 2013 wrote:
if i recall (i have a pretty good memory to) i read somewhere they would offer them for gold. but i guess they changed there mind. probably because it seems now there more in to it for the money and not the players anymore
That seems a little harsh. That is a very mean thing to say about KI and people seem to use it like an ace card whenever they don't get their way. KI has always done a lot for their players and they listen to our opinions and change things as they can. But they cannot allow the players to run the game. There are many levels to how things are run and decisions are made that have deeper repercussions than we can possibly imagine. I am no expert on how to run a business like this and I am no expert programer so I know that some things that I don't like are done for very good reasons that I have no understanding of. KI has done so much for the pure enjoyment of us players and so many just don't appreciate it. I see a lot of that entitlement, 'I must have my way or you are discriminating against me' attitude over on the Wizard boards and it is sad that it is creeping it's way over here. We are a friendly crew and we care about and appreciate our KI and what they do for us and our crews. Being mean and spiteful just because you don't get your way and accusing KI of caring more about their profits than us will not accomplish anything except make others feel bad. These boards have been wonderfully positive and we all love to make each other smile, especially the hard workers over there at KI. Lashing out like that just hurts others and doesn't accomplish anything productive. Mean accusations IMO just don't belong here.